Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By 10is4love

Thread: The 12 Most Frugal Celebrities

Junior Carrie Follower

The 12 Most Frugal Celebrities

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-12...w_default=true

...basically states that she cuts/uses coupons but sometimes she forgets :/

Concert Stars
    3. Singer Carrie Underwood clips coupons for weekly shopping.

REUTERS/Mario AnzuoniWhile taking Everyday with Rachael Ray through a day in her life, Underwood shared that despite forgetting coupons sometimes, she does make a habit to cut them out.

"Doing the weekly shopping, I stock up on stir-fry kits, Amy's meatless burgers, and armloads of onions and garlic. I put onions and garlic in everything. Ack—as usual, I forgot my coupons. (Yes, I do clip them!)," shared Underwood.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Interesting article. Thanks for posting. Many of the stars use coupons; or, in Carrie's case, forget to use coupons. It seems we all have so much in common and earning power doesn't change our inherent beliefs and practices. Although Zooey Deschanel is frugal, she still donates $1500 a month to charity. That's pretty awesome. The generosity of so many celebrities, Carrie included, is so inspiring and heart warming.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I have always admired Carrie's being frugal. She has talked about not seeing the need for a fancey car just because she makes quite a bit of money. The fact that she drives her Ford Expedition for 3 or more years has been mentioned before. In spite of the fact that many celebities make much more in a year than most of us will make in our lifetimes, their lavish spending habits get them in trouble. Many can not pay their taxes and have obviousy not set asde money for retirement. I am sure tat not only is Carrie frugal, but she is probably smart in all financial matters even if it means hiring the right people to handle investments. Stars do live more lavisly than we do but for most their years of making the huge incomes are limited and they have to plan for their furtures. Carrie proved she was aware of how fickle music careers can be when she got her college degree after Idol. Mike is already nearing the end of his career so I am sure he is equally aware of how important it is to stretch his dollar. They both give of their time and money and while it is tax deductable, it shows their generosity of spirit and that they were raised right.

Concert Stars
    well who wouldnt...coupons are awesome haha

•