• 2 Post By DizzyDollyDee
  • 2 Post By gocountrymusic
  • 3 Post By pklongbeach
  • 2 Post By JB172
  • 1 Post By carebear4eva

Thread: Review: Carrie Underwood underachieves in Oakland

Junior Carrie Follower desubear's Avatar

Review: Carrie Underwood underachieves in Oakland

Carrie Underwood's Blown Away Tour doesn't deliver on its lofty promise.
    The trek's stop at Oracle Arena in Oakland on Monday included some moderately entertaining theatrics, a nice enough set list and a handful of vocal highlights. It was not, however, something that blew you away.
    Chalk it up as further proof that Underwood's live show remains the one glaring weakness to her game. She can crank out the hit singles and albums, win countless awards and charm TV audiences. Yet, she still can't figure out how to reach comparable heights in concert.
    This is troublesome. Blown Away is Underwood's third headlining jaunt -- following 2008's Carnival Ride and 2010-11's Play On tours -- and one would've hoped to have seen some noticeable signs of improvement over the years. If anything, however, she seems to be slipping in the wrong direction.

Review: Carrie Underwood underachieves in Oakland - San Jose Mercury News

Wow. this guy is completely cray. have we heard of Jim Harrington before? what a horrid review.

oh yeah. and he manages to throw some dirt at HH in the process.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by desubear View Post
    Carrie Underwood's Blown Away Tour doesn't deliver on its lofty promise.
    The trek's stop at Oracle Arena in Oakland on Monday included some moderately entertaining theatrics, a nice enough set list and a handful of vocal highlights. It was not, however, something that blew you away.
    Chalk it up as further proof that Underwood's live show remains the one glaring weakness to her game. She can crank out the hit singles and albums, win countless awards and charm TV audiences. Yet, she still can't figure out how to reach comparable heights in concert.
    This is troublesome. Blown Away is Underwood's third headlining jaunt -- following 2008's Carnival Ride and 2010-11's Play On tours -- and one would've hoped to have seen some noticeable signs of improvement over the years. If anything, however, she seems to be slipping in the wrong direction.

Review: Carrie Underwood underachieves in Oakland - San Jose Mercury News

Wow. this guy is completely cray. have we heard of Jim Harrington before? what a horrid review.
    He was being a real jerk on twitter the night of the show. He made some snarky comment about her dress and Carrie ever so politely let him know she didn't give a blank what he thought. (I'm working from memory but her response was something like 'Im sorry you didn't like it but I love my dresses')

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    What??

Carrie has improved in LEAPS and BOUNDS since her Idol days. This review is ridiculous. I can't fathom people who still see Carrie as that stiff farmgirl from Idol. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    He was being a real jerk on twitter the night of the show. He made some snarky comment about her dress and Carrie ever so politely let him know she didn't give a blank what he thought. (I'm working from memory but her response was something like 'Im sorry you didn't like it but I love my dresses')
    Ugh. I honestly wish Carrie didn't even waste her precious time writing a response to this fool. Carrie is so professional though and always has tact.

Oh, this is the guy who Carrie called out on twitter? LOL. I won't even bother reading the review.

Concert Stars
    its funny to me that he couldnt think of something accurate/important to say so he's like "zomg i like, didnt like he dress"

try again dude

Concert Stars
    from reading the comments on that article yesterday, apparently this isn't the first time he's written a bad review for Carrie, so he seems to be a Carrie hater
    desubear likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^^ hate haters...terrible review...guess they can't all be good!

Hil
    And this is the negative stuff I stay away from. When I see a headline like that, I don't bother opening up the article.

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    Not even gonna read it.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    WOW! He really should have allowed someone else to have handled this assignment beings he was so against Carrie to begin with. He really has a hearing and visual problem to have all the complaints he did!! I sure wouldn't waste my time opening that article either!!
    pklongbeach and desubear like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Not going to give this guys hits on his site. He clearly went in there with an opinion and that is sometimes really hard to change that in people.
    DizzyDollyDee and desubear like this.

Concert Stars
    I read it and 100% of the comments call him crazy.
    I also wrote him a personal email and gave him some food for thought (wink). Just about who he is as a person verses who Carrie is and what she was trying to accomplish that night.
    You cant change people but at least you can shed light on their ugliness.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    This guy and all the rest of the fishwrap writers around the country need to realize that NO artist is looking to make them happy, the only people who any artist is looking to make happy is the people who ACTUALLY paid money out of their own pocket to go.
    carebear4eva and william0102 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JB172 View Post
    This guy and all the rest of the fishwrap writers around the country need to realize that NO artist is looking to make them happy, the only people who any artist is looking to make happy is the people who ACTUALLY paid money out of their own pocket to go.
    This.

I'm not usually the guy to jump on the HATER! bandwagon (I actually like reviews that criticize Carrie)...This guy just DOESN'T seem to have put any effort into it...Not buying it.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    This.

I'm not usually the guy to jump on the HATER! bandwagon (I actually like reviews that criticize Carrie)...This guy just DOESN'T seem to have put any effort into it...Not buying it.
    Exactly, he wasn't even good at picking at her.

He reads like a bitter old queen who is still upset that Cher announced her retirement, AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    What is the deal with this guys he doesn't know what he is talking about.

•