Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By teesharky

Thread: Country Vibe: Carrie Underwood Wants to Meet, but Not Mimic, Julie Andrews :)

Concert Stars

Country Vibe: Carrie Underwood Wants to Meet, but Not Mimic, Julie Andrews :)

Really great interview with Carrie's thoughts on meeting Julie Andrews, and the Sound of Music project.

Carrie Underwood Wants to Meet but Not Mimic Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music ? The Country Vibe News

e Underwood Wants to Meet but Not Mimic Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music

By Becca

Carrie Underwood

Carrie Underwood will star as Maria Von Trapp in a live musical adaptation of The Sound of Music coming to NBC this holiday season, and Julie Andrews, the star of the original 1965 film version, thinks it’s great and she would love to meet Carrie and get to know her. Julie recently told The Wall Street Journal, “Listen—how long ago was it out? 50 something years ago? … So, 48 years, probably time that a remake is allowed. Why not? ‘Cinderella’ has been done, ‘Mary Poppins’ has been put on stage in the theater. It’s all part of the process of those wonderful properties going out and reaching another audience. No, I won’t be in it, but I do endorse everything. I mean why not?”

Carrie, who is a huge fan of Julie Andrews, and who grew up watching The Sound of Music with her mom every time it came on TV, would also love to meet Julie, but she says she also wants to be careful about not trying to shape her performance in the new live musical after Julie Andrews’ performance. “We’re doing the musical version, not the movie version and there are a few differences,” explains Carrie. “So I think it might be more important for me to not try to go too much in the route of Julie Andrews because no one can touch her. I am not her, I will never be her. She holds such an iconic place in so many people’s hearts. And I think it’s really important for me to read the script and watch other musicals and kind of get into the whole musical space verses the movie space, which she was so wonderful in.”

No specific airdate has been announced yet for the new live musical version of The Sound of Music on NBC, but it will reportedly air sometime this December.
    opry051008 likes this.

Concert Stars
    so wish we didnt have to wait until december to see this!

Concert Stars
    I know right? I wish we could find out her her cast mates are already. lol

Concert Stars
    it was nice to see Julie Andrews give her seal of approval!

Carrie is going to be so awesome!

Junior Carrie Follower desubear's Avatar
    omg she's so modest. i love carrie

Junior Carrie Follower phyllis_0227's Avatar
    She just knows what to say, how much to say, and it is so effortless for Carrie because it comes from her heart.... I too want to know the rest of the cast. As for me I would love to see Gerard Butler. He was amazing in Phantom of the Opera and his voice is unreal. However playing a part across from him would make me VERY NERVOUS. Just a GB fan... He is a very versatile actor. If you haven't heard him sing Google him for Phantom of the Opera.

Junior Carrie Follower phyllis_0227's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phyllis_0227 View Post
    She just knows what to say, how much to say, and it is so effortless for Carrie because it comes from her heart.... I too want to know the rest of the cast. As for me I would love to see Gerard Butler. He was amazing in Phantom of the Opera and his voice is unreal. However playing a part across from him would make me VERY NERVOUS. Just a GB fan... He is a very versatile actor. If you haven't heard him sing Google him for Phantom of the Opera.
    Point of no return - YouTube
    This is my pitch to the powers that be. Shows him singing along and in duet... Ohhhhhhhh welllll I can dream seeing them in TSOM together.

Carrie Guru
    I really hope they sell tickets to the public.

Concert Stars
    ^ agree. And I hope some of the original Cast of SOM attends. It sounds like Gretl and maybe even Julia might be interested in that.

I AM DYING to know who Captain Von Trapp will be!

Concert Stars
    I can't wait for Julie and Carrie to meet! And I want Carrie to share a picture of their meet-and-greet on Twitter!

•