Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Mindy's Suicide Song was once Carrie's HOLD song.....so sad

http://tasteofcountry.com/mindy-mccready-suicide-note/

Song is posted at the link.....beautiful

One day before Mindy McCready was found dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, the singer sent a private investigator she had been working with a cryptic message. It was a single frame from a video they had been working on together of McCready singing a song called ‘I’ll See You Yesterday.’
    E! News reports that song — heard below — was David Wilson’s final effort as a producer before he died in January. It features McCready singing lyrics written by Courtney Dashe, an up-and-coming songwriter who’d worked with McCready in recent years.
    “I thought she was talking about sending a message about suicide for David’s death,” Danno Hanks told E! of his response when he received message, “but this is unbelievable. She was sending me a message. I wish I had been more alert to what it was.”
    Hanks describes the below video as her “video suicide note” on his Facebook page. Dashe tells Taste of Country that she shared the song with McCready when the singer heard her perform it a couple of years ago during a writer’s night at the Hotel Indigo in Nashville. Carrie Underwood had it on hold at the time, but she told McCready she could have it if Underwood let it go. Weeks later that’s what happend, but Dashe says she didn’t know McCready cut it until last weekend when Hanks contacted her.
    “My cowriter, Jason Walker, and I never intended it to be a suicide, or even a death song, but music has a life of it’s own,” Dashe says. “I’d liked to think it helped Mindy cope with some things in her life, but wish it could have prevented things from ending the way they did.”
    Hanks describes the effort McCready made at the end of her life to make sure Dashe was insured royalties and copyrights to the song. Lyrically, ‘I’ll See You Yesterday’ tells the story of a woman afraid to look forward because she doesn’t like what she’s facing.
    Let’s get lost in our memories / That’s the safest place we can be / If this is the end of our story, I don’t wanna read it,” McCready sings before a soaring chorus.
    I was your sunlight / Now I’m just a shade / I was your blue sky / Now I’m just the rain / I was your favorite song / Now I’m overplayed / If tomorrow’s gonna be the same / I’ll see you yesterday.
    The singer’s final album was ‘I’m Still Here,’ released in 2010. She’s best known for the title-track off her debut album ‘Ten Thousand Angels.’

I just heard about this. So sad.

Concert Stars
    oh my goodness this is just so so sad!

Concert Stars
    What a BEAUTIFUL song though. I have to say that Mindy's voice is gorgeous on it and I would have loved hearing Carrie's version of this haunting melody.

Hil
    This is sad. She obviously had a lot of pain in her life.

Huge Carrie Follower
    First this is so sad and my thoughts are with her family especially her two lil boys. Second that's a beautiful song and she sang it beautifully

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    UGH, I was so saddened to hear this news and from the last interview with her I felt something like this was going to happen. Mindy was such a beautiful woman and a great vocalist back in the day, Mindy RIP... The song is beautiful but yet haunting to say the least....

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Oh my gosh, reading the lyrics gave me chills. So heartbreaking.

Hil
    I just realized the song was posted. beautiful. Did it say she sent the private investigator a video? Why would the private investigator be working on a music video, or did I read that wrong?

Concert Stars
    Oh my.. Such a haunting and beautiful song!

Concert Stars

He produced this album cover for Mindy. I don't think he was actually doing any "investigating" for her. From his facebook page it looks like they were good friends.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post

He produced this album cover for Mindy. I don't think he was actually doing any "investigating" for her. From his facebook page it looks like they were good friends.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0xMt...layer_embedded

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks for the find. RIP Mindy.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Posted February 18, 2013 02:59 PM
    Former “American Idol” winner Carrie Underwood and runner-up Clay Aiken were among the music stars stunned by the death of country music star Mindy McCready. On Feb. 17, just hours after the world learned the news of McCready's apparent suicide, Carrie Underwood took to Twitter to share her thoughts.

Carrie tweeted her thoughts to her nearly 1.3 million followers. She wrote, "I grew up listening to Mindy McCready...so sad for her family tonight. Many prayers are going out to them..."

Carrie Underwood was not alone in her feelings about McCready's shocking and untimely death. "American Idol" alum Clay Aiken also admitted to listening to McCready when he was "growing up" and hoped that the troubled singer would "finally be at peace and lend her beautiful voice to heaven's #tenthousandangels."

The 37-year-old McCready was discovered on Sunday at her home, dead an apparent single, self-inflicted gunshot wound. While an autopsy was still pending, news spread quickly among music circles about the sad news.

In recent weeks, Mindy's boyfriend David Wilson was found dead on the same porch as McCready. That death was also seen as a suicide. McCready, who had been in and out of rehab in recent years had been ordered back into rehab because of drug and alcohol abuse. McCready's sons, Zayne and Zander were recently placed in foster care.

February 18, 2013
    By: Bryce Westervelt

Concert Stars
    I am hopeful that Mindy's ex (father to her oldest boy) will be able to adopt both boys so that they will remain together. Uggh - nine months old and never really getting to know your own mother. Even her other son was way too young to have to experience this. I will continue to pray for these beautiful children and for the families.....that song is so very heartbreaking.

Concert Stars
    wow that is so sad! Lovely lyrics though-- wow. Kind of wish Carrie had not passed on it. But it is eerie how it was Mindy's last song.

Concert Stars
    Carrie, y u always passing on the flawless songs in favor of "Unapologize?" -_-

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    Remember Carrie doesn't like mushy songs Plus I think alot of these types of songs aren't as commercial or big radio hits. Seems most tend to go more for hit catchy songs that stick in your head rather than actual good hard felt touching songs. Plus, maybe it just wasn't meant to be Carrie's. Imo this song seemed destined to be Mindy's song kind of how Jesus take the wheel was meant to be Carrie's as you can feel the pain in her voice and her relating to the song. Think with her passing it seemed like this song should have been hers and it was like her last words before she died. It is a beautiful song. Think that is partly do to Mindy's voice on it and her feeling/relating to the lyrics of the song. Still would love to hear how Carrie would have sounded on it though just out of curiousity but the song imo belongs to Mindy.
    Last edited by Jade_kt; 02-18-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Concert Stars
    Totally agree AAG, would have LOVED to hear Carrie on this song....it coulda replaced a couple of songs in my book.... Maybe she can get together with this writer for the next album.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    I question Carrie's taste in material often.

I always wondered why she passed on "Strangers And Angels." That song would've been perfect for her.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast