CBS This Morning: Carrie still worries that no one will come out to her concerts

Plus, I added tons from her interview, including her talking about fame, marriage, having kids, and what life really means to her

I think we all could use this after the ACM's today:

NASHVILLE, Tenn., February 13, 2012 - Grammy Award-winning artist Carrie Underwood still has quite a few reservations when it comes to fans coming out to her concerts, she admits to reporter and on-air personality Gayle King. "I'm still thinking, God, are we doing this for a reason? Are people going to show up? Are people going to like it?" she tells CBS This Morning. "Are people going to fill those seats out there? Or is this the wrong thing to do?”

Despite a critically acclaimed 62-city tour last fall, Underwood confesses that she hopes all her efforts are not in vain. "We gear up for a big old tour like the Blown Away tour and we're, you know, we're talking staging, we're talking lighting, we're talking, you know, all the background video. We're talking band and where they should be and how they should play and my wardrobe, all of that stuff," she asserts. Underwood also notes that it is better to worry about those things than to be overly confident. She continues, laughing:

"I don't know, but I'd rather doubt than be completely overconfident and have it blow up in my face."

Eight (seemingly short) years ago, Underwood took the chance to try out for American Idol and immediately shot to superstardom with her first No. 1 Country single, "Jesus Take the Wheel." However, all the fame and fortune she's been blessed with is not quite like what she imagined growing up. "When you grow up thinking I want to be famous, you know, if you're a kid and you see people singing and you're like, wow, that must be awesome, you really think of them, you know, everybody—somebody does everything for them," she says. "They don't have to do anything. There's a lot of work, and there's a lot of people that it takes. And everybody has to do their job, including the artist. You have to be willing to wake up at 4:00 to get ready in the morning to go on a morning, you know, TV show or radio show. And you stay up late because you have a show to put on."

http://www.examiner.com/article/carr...o-her-concerts

Concert Stars
    Thank you for posting and writing about Carrie! We do need this today!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Great write up - thanks for posting!

This is my favorite part of that interview:

"It's all about relationships and forming good relationships and making people's lives better. And I think at the end of my life, I hope I will have been able to say I did all of that, I made a difference. Not just in, like, music or—and that stuff's awesome, but it's—it's more about, like, personal relationships and changing people's lives for the better."

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post

"It's all about relationships and forming good relationships and making people's lives better. And I think at the end of my life, I hope I will have been able to say I did all of that, I made a difference. Not just in, like, music or—and that stuff's awesome, but it's—it's more about, like, personal relationships and changing people's lives for the better."
    I love that.. Thanks for posting it..and you are right... we really did need that,

Updated my article w/ the full interview VIDEO, thanks to maddkat

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Is this one the CBS site or something because it wasn't part of the interview that aired for me this morning?

Concert Stars
    love her view on the concerts part...rather doubt that have it fall apart!

Junior Carrie Follower wonderboy's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Thank you for posting this video!

Concert Stars
    The way this site clipped the title of this thread is priceless. I RAN in here.

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    she has nothing to worry about! She's touched the lives of more people than she knows in just being that courageous college student from Oklahoma who tried out for at tv singing competition. Tickets to her show will naturally sell like hotcakes until the day she retires. I am going to the Omaha show in May, at a 17000+ arena. My father works as a ticket seller there. He told me there are only 300-ish tickets left. So, again, she has nothing to worry about.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Plus, I added tons from her interview, including her talking about fame, marriage, having kids, and what life really means to her

I think we all could use this after the ACM's today:

NASHVILLE, Tenn., February 13, 2012 - Grammy Award-winning artist Carrie Underwood still has quite a few reservations when it comes to fans coming out to her concerts, she admits to reporter and on-air personality Gayle King. "I'm still thinking, God, are we doing this for a reason? Are people going to show up? Are people going to like it?" she tells CBS This Morning. "Are people going to fill those seats out there? Or is this the wrong thing to do?”

Despite a critically acclaimed 62-city tour last fall, Underwood confesses that she hopes all her efforts are not in vain. "We gear up for a big old tour like the Blown Away tour and we're, you know, we're talking staging, we're talking lighting, we're talking, you know, all the background video. We're talking band and where they should be and how they should play and my wardrobe, all of that stuff," she asserts. Underwood also notes that it is better to worry about those things than to be overly confident. She continues, laughing:

"I don't know, but I'd rather doubt than be completely overconfident and have it blow up in my face."

Eight (seemingly short) years ago, Underwood took the chance to try out for American Idol and immediately shot to superstardom with her first No. 1 Country single, "Jesus Take the Wheel." However, all the fame and fortune she's been blessed with is not quite like what she imagined growing up. "When you grow up thinking I want to be famous, you know, if you're a kid and you see people singing and you're like, wow, that must be awesome, you really think of them, you know, everybody—somebody does everything for them," she says. "They don't have to do anything. There's a lot of work, and there's a lot of people that it takes. And everybody has to do their job, including the artist. You have to be willing to wake up at 4:00 to get ready in the morning to go on a morning, you know, TV show or radio show. And you stay up late because you have a show to put on."

http://www.examiner.com/article/carr...o-her-concerts

ANOTHER fantastic article from you! What I am getting from "Carrie" in this article is that - Carrie is more convinced than ever that building an ENDURING GREAT CAREER - one that is truly worthy of lasting - is a NOBLE CAUSE and that she exists FOR A PURPOSE BEYOND JUST MAKING MONEY. Carrie always exercise the OPTION FOR EXCELLENCE in "EVERYTHING" with the best and hardest work is done ...... with her EXTRAORDINARY natural talent and with the people in her ORGANIZATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    ANOTHER fantastic article from you! What I am getting from "Carrie" in this article is that - Carrie is more convinced than ever that building an ENDURING GREAT CAREER - one that is truly worthy of lasting - is a NOBLE CAUSE and that she exists FOR A PURPOSE BEYOND JUST MAKING MONEY. Carrie always exercise the OPTION FOR EXCELLENCE in "EVERYTHING" with the best and hardest work is done ...... with her EXTRAORDINARY natural talent and with the people in her ORGANIZATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    With these in mind ...... "Carrie and Mike", after experiencing God's faithfulness and power SO MANY TIMES, it becomes very effortless for THEM to trust GOD in "EVERYTHING"!!!!!

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie is so humble

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    With these in mind ...... "Carrie and Mike", after experiencing God's faithfulness and power SO MANY TIMES, it becomes very effortless for THEM to trust GOD in "EVERYTHING"!!!!!
    I strongly believe that God really did talk to Mike Fisher when he was injured during the NHL game (ONE of his many injuries.) - showing him 12 minutes and 12 seconds to go at the clock (when the clock stopped), Romans 12:12 flashed into Mike Fisher's mind (from his book, Defender of Faith). That verse God brought to Mike's mind was not just for Mike. I think it is for every person who is feeling down or defeated or a little lost in life, perhaps "SCARED", angry or frustrated by what is going on (HUMAN NATURE) -

Mike Fisher 12:12 - Romans 12:12 - "Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful."
    Last edited by mbh; 02-14-2013 at 10:55 PM.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    WORRIES of Carrie is just HUMAN NATURE. What I do know is that - being married to Mike Fisher - Carrie and Mike will use what happened to Mike as an opportunity to tell people that God is worthy of our TRUST like Mike did in his book, "Defender of Faith"" - to show them that you can go on and do wonderful things in spite of terrible events that happened (many injuries of Mike - ONE of them Mike once thought that he will not be able to play again at the NHL when he was nineteen years old.) I don't think it does any good to sit around feeling sorry for yourself. You are not going to wallow or walk around moaning, "Woe is me!" As a veteran of the NHL FOR MORE THAN THIRTEEN years, Mike Fisher has a lot to be proud of - AND, Mike got married to an IDEAL WOMAN and a ROLE MODEL "Carrie Underwood", with SKINNY PERFECT BODY, EXTRAORDINARY SMOOTH SKIN IN THE FACE, looks SO HOT with INDESCRIBABLE BEAUTY and looks like a TEENAGER despite of her age of twenty-nine years old, RICH and FAMOUS and "ONE" of "THE BEST OF THE BEST" in the music industry.
    Last edited by mbh; 02-15-2013 at 08:43 AM.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Still frustrated about "ACM 2013 nomination for Entertainer of the Year"? Buy Mike Fisher's book, "Defender of Faith" and read it. You will feel better while helping your neighbor like the Good Samaritan did. All Mike Fisher's proceeds will go to "World Vision".

I truly believe that this FAITH in GOD is a big part of what did get Mike, through it and he will become ONE of the UNFORGETTABLE PLAYERS at the NHL. It helps to know that even when you don't have a clue why something has happened in your life, SOMEONE UP THERE (GOD) HAS A MASTER PLAN AND IS WATCHING OVER YOU and that God loves you unconditionally.

Look at what happened LAST Grammy Awards 2013. It is "THE BEST OF THE BEST" in "EVERYTHING" for Carrie during the awards show. It is a tremendous relief to be able to put your trust in God and take the burden off your shoulders.

I will say this again, one more time ...... "Carrie Underwood" who exercise the OPTION FOR EXCELLENCE and try to be MORE OUTSTANDING, try to be BIGGER and MORE LASTING than HERSELF ...... and the best and the hardest work is done with her EXTRAORDINARY NATURAL TALENT - with an EVEN MORE EXTRAORDINARY "perseverance and drive" in the spirit of ADVENTURE and "CHALLENGE" is "worthy of lasting". Indeed, one of the great ironies in comparing Carrie Underwood and MANY ARTISTS comes in the fact that - Carrie has CONSISTENTLY had a "portfolio of projects" that would be the ENVY of MANY ARTISTS. "Look at those CASH COWS and STRATEGIC STARS!" Carrie's "portfolio of projects" looks BEAUTIFULLY PLANNED (just as species and the universe were perfectly created by God's universal sovereignty). It also means working with a deep and abiding respect for her ORGANIZATION. For it is through the power of human organization - of individuals working together in common cause - that the bulk of the world's best work gets done.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Love the article, the video and wish I could "like" so many of the above post and yes, this was perfect timing after feeling so bad for Carrie re the ACM's - thank you!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    How adorable is she? Seriously. Love her.

•