Grammy Awards were less about winners, more about moments

Grammy Awards were less about winners, more about moments
    By Gael Fashingbauer Cooper, TODAY

Sunday's Grammy Awards handed out plenty of big honors, but with no dominating winner, the memorable storylines were more about onstage moments.

The show was slow to kick in, with only one award -- Adele's win for best pop solo performance for "Set Fire to the Rain" -- being handed out in the first 40 minutes of the ceremony.

Adele was last year's big Grammy winner, and she claimed the first award of the night at Sunday's ceremony as well. The singer, clad in a red floral print dress with matching shoes, sent out "massive love" to the other nominees with her acceptance speech.

Perhaps the most surprising award of the night was one of the biggest. Folk rock group Mumford and Sons won the album of the year award for "Babel."

"We figured we weren't going to win anything because The Black Keys have been sweeping up all day, and deservedly so," said lead singer Marcus Mumford.

The Black Keys led the night with four Grammys, including best rock performance and best rock song for "Lonely Boy," best rock album for "El Camino," and producer of the year for Dan Auerbach.

Taylor Swift opened the show
    with a circus-meets-"Alice in Wonderland" performance of her song "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," and then Elton John and Ed Sheeran dueted on Sheeran's "The A Team."

Carrie Underwood claimed the award for best country solo performance for "Blown Away." Underwood, who thanked her family and "perfect husband" Mike Fisher, was wearing a $31 million diamond necklace when she accepted her award.

Underwood also won one of those memorable moments later on, performing "Blown Away" while special light effects made it appear as if butterflies, flowers and other images were dancing on her gown
    Full article: http://todayentertainment.today.com/...t-moments?lite

Tbh her amazing dress was so distracting I almost forgot to listen to her equally amazing better-than-studio vocals!

Junior Carrie Follower abdulmajeed's Avatar
    She was just amazing vocally. I can't still get over it. So happy Blown Away gets the recognition it truly deserves..

Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    Tbh her amazing dress was so distracting I almost forgot to listen to her equally amazing better-than-studio vocals!
    Yahoo page list her for "low" moment because this and Taylor "High" well they really watch the Grammy right? I hate whoever wrote that

Quote Originally Posted by cmarieu View Post
    Yahoo page list her for "low" moment because this and Taylor "High" well they really watch the Grammy right? I hate whoever wrote that
    Yeah I saw that high-and-low article. Did not bother to read the whole article when I saw that Chris Willman was the one who wrote it. He has never liked Carrie. I remember once he tweeted something negative about Carrie (forgot what exactly, that's how unimportant he is IMO lol), and when no fan engaged him into an argument he commented something abt CU fans not dedicated enough, as if he's gleefully waiting for a twitter reaction from us. Let's not give him the attention he's clearly craving lol.

Thanks Claire for the explanation I hate those people who hate Carrie they only hate because she is perfect.

Concert Stars
    thanks for posting!!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire2004 View Post
    Yeah I saw that high-and-low article. Did not bother to read the whole article when I saw that Chris Willman was the one who wrote it. He has never liked Carrie. I remember once he tweeted something negative about Carrie (forgot what exactly, that's how unimportant he is IMO lol), and when no fan engaged him into an argument he commented something abt CU fans not dedicated enough, as if he's gleefully waiting for a twitter reaction from us. Let's not give him the attention he's clearly craving lol.
    Just wanted to repost this. I am such a twiiter freak now.

I personally don't think the dress distracted from Carrie's vocals at all, but some people will always find something to complain about.

A note - the MTV gifset that was posted on tumblr last night of Carrie's performance now has over 47,000 notes.

Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I personally don't think the dress distracted from Carrie's vocals at all, but some people will always find something to complain about.

A note - the MTV gifset that was posted on tumblr last night of Carrie's performance now has over 47,000 notes.
    Thanks. I didn't know this was going to be that huge. lol

•