Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Obsessed Carrie Fan AdamLikesCarrie's Avatar

Goldderby - GRAMMYS: Predictions

Country Solo Performance

Experts (Total: 6 votes)
    Carrie Underwood - 3 votes (THR, Yahoo Music, Goldderby)

Blake Shelton - 2 votes (Billboard, Newsday)
    Eric Church - 1 vote (USA Today)

Editors (Total: 7 votes)
    Carrie Underwood - 3 votes
    Blake Shelton - 3 votes

Eric Church - 1 vote

Users (Total: 19 votes currently, still voting)
    Carrie Underwood - 15 votes

Eric Church - 2 votes
    Blake Shelton - 1 vote
    Hunter Hayes - 1 vote

Handicapping (Odds to win)
    Carrie Underwood 13/5

Blake Shelton 3/1
    Eric Church 5/1
    Hunter Hayes 15/2
    Dierks Bentley 10/1
    Ronnie Dunn 11/1

Country Song

Experts (Total: 6 votes)
    Blown Away - 3 votes (THR, Yahoo Music, Goldderby)
    Springsteen - 3 votes (Billboard, Newsday, USA Today)

Editors (Total: 7 votes)
    Springsteen - 5 votes
    Blown Away - 2 votes

Users (Total: 18 votes, still voting currently)
    Springsteen - 12 votes
    Blown Away - 5 votes
    So You Don't Have To Let Me Anymore - 1 vote

Handicapping (Odds to Win)
    Springsteen - 11/5
    Blown Away - 12/5
    So You Don't Have To Love Me Anymore - 11/2
    Even If It Breaks Your Heart - 6/1
    Cost of Livin' - 10/1

Ty
    There's so much competition this year. I really hope she pulls off a Solo win, though.

Concert Stars
    Me too. Why on earth are so many people Picking Blake? ugh. All because of the voice. His song is a mediocre song at best.

On no planet does Blake Shelton's performance of "Over" deserve to win over Carrie's performance of "Blown Away," so I really hope she can pull off a win. When was the last time she won an industry award? It's been a few years. I think the last one was her Grammy for ITYS with Randy.

Ty
    Pretty sure people are picking Blake just because of how well he's been doing at country music award shows...I don't think his hype exists all that much outside of that community, though. I'm still thinking it will be Carrie or Hunter.

Concert Stars
    it's going to be a tough one between Blown Away and Springsteen, just hope Blown Away can come away with the win! and really hope she wins solo!

Quote Originally Posted by Audra View Post
    it's going to be a tough one between Blown Away and Springsteen, just hope Blown Away can come away with the win! and really hope she wins solo!
    I'm hoping all the males will cancel each other out, and therefore we're left with Carrie! haha

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I'm hoping all the males will cancel each other out, and therefore we're left with Carrie! haha
    haha oh I sure hope so! that would be great if that happens!

Concert Stars
    ^ That, and we can hope that mainstream voters will give Carrie a chance and vote for her as they are more open minded then the snotty elitist cruel Nashville CMA pricks that have given Carrie the cold shoulder for 4 years now.

At least the GRammys include mainstream voters in most of the categories. That is our only hope. There is no way that Nashville will vote for Carrie. They will vote for Blake or Eric Church.

Concert Stars
    I'm even at a loss at why Blake is nominated. Sure he's doing we'll with the Voice, but his recent material is sub par considering his previous work. And "Over" is very generic in its writing. I don't find it engaging at all.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by wonton View Post
    I'm even at a loss at why Blake is nominated. Sure he's doing we'll with the Voice, but his recent material is sub par considering his previous work. And "Over" is very generic in its writing. I don't find it engaging at all.
    I agree and also am wondering why Miranda's album is predicted to win when it is one of the worst albums and should not win.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I am getting nervous that all these people are picking Carrie to win. I sure hope they are right.

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ^ I find it comforting to know that people believe she has the best shot in winning! I want that 6th grammy!

Billboard never vote for Carrie! lol not surprise really!

Concert Stars
    Isn't it interesting (I say again) how much better Carrie always fairs when she is considered by "outside sources".
    For all of you who believe she is beloved and embraced by the country industry answer me this, "Why do outsiders always seem to assume that she is a front runner but the country industry barely considers her chances at all"?
    We can not continue to ignore the fact that when you poll the country industry Carrie winds up no where or an after thought. But in larger industry polls she is always a contender.
    I know why, but I still find it funny that some want to argue that it even happens at all.
    (I always knew that the fact that she always hosts the CMA's but does not win is because the "outsider network" wants her for their show cause they know how popular she is, but she never wins anything cause the "insider voters" don't even consider her in the running.
    Odd position to be in.

Concert Stars
    Oh and just to stay on track, I never realized that with all the major awards Blake is winning all of a sudden, he has never had a platnium album or written an award winning song (short of Over You which says nothing considering his talented songwriting wife wrote it with him).

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Isn't it interesting (I say again) how much better Carrie always fairs when she is considered by "outside sources".
    For all of you who believe she is beloved and embraced by the country industry answer me this, "Why do outsiders always seem to assume that she is a front runner but the country industry barely considers her chances at all"?
    We can not continue to ignore the fact that when you poll the country industry Carrie winds up no where or an after thought. But in larger industry polls she is always a contender.
    I know why, but I still find it funny that some want to argue that it even happens at all.
    (I always knew that the fact that she always hosts the CMA's but does not win is because the "outsider network" wants her for their show cause they know how popular she is, but she never wins anything cause the "insider voters" don't even consider her in the running.
    Odd position to be in.
    Not to worry, I will say it. The country music voters have always been jealous of Carrie's TALENT and are vindictive children who hide and vote in secret. Since Carrie arrived in country music, despite her early award success, they have been cowards and in awe of her voice. She always gets the greatest audience appreciation,even at award show performances, only to be slighted. The only reason one can deduce is it is due to petty jealousy. Carrie still represents a threat to their careers although she would be the last person to harbor or express those feelings. There I said it.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gwade82 View Post
    Not to worry, I will say it. The country music voters have always been jealous of Carrie's TALENT and are vindictive children who hide and vote in secret. Since Carrie arrived in country music, despite her early award success, they have been cowards and in awe of her voice. She always gets the greatest audience appreciation,even at award show performances, only to be slighted. The only reason one can deduce is it is due to petty jealousy. Carrie still represents a threat to their careers although she would be the last person to harbor or express those feelings. There I said it.
    Ha ha, I want a button with this on it.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Odd position to be in.
    I don't know why I bother but why is it so hard for some people to accept that the country insiders may like Carrie just fine but may just like others slightly better? Why the insistence that they hate her or are out to get her? Why would they do that? It makes no sense. It's really an insult to Carrie to insist that her colleagues all don't like her. The country industry tends to prefer a little bit more traditional sound. They are subject to hype a la the whole 'power coupe' Blake and Miranda thing. They tend to go for who's fresh and shiny and new. They are subject to politics and power brokering by the labels. None of that has changed recently and none of it is personal. Look at the year Jason , had and the awards he didn't win. Do they all hate him now? I'm done with this discussion as nothing anybody says will change some people's minds.

Concert Stars
    But honestly, trying to be as objective as I think I can be, I have to really look at this phenomenon and seek answers.
    If we fans ourselves accepted 3 years ago that the Industry just "didn't like Play On, than I would say Ok. I guess you're right. Even as big and well established as she is, the industyr can just decide that they didn't like it enough to vote for one of the most popular collections of songs of that time period.
    But so Carrie goes back to the drawing board and really takes her time to create something that people will undeniably appreciate. In the meantime Miranda, admittedly, throws together a rush album to get it on the shelves for christmas.
    And low and behold the exact same thing happens to Carries new album that she worked so hard and overtime for, while Mirandas "rushjob" continues to get all the same Shining Recognition that her last "what was supposed to be exceptional" album got.
    Hmmmmmmmm.
    Jealousy? I'm not sure.
    I feel more like it is just that people believe that they "chose" Miranda to be successful and no one chose Carrie, she was just thrust on them.
    And she continues to be a glaring light in thier faces while they insist they like Miranda better.

And that one statement is the one used by most to explain the circustances as if it is a fair and adequate explaination:
    They just like Miranda better!
    Well, what a sad state of affairs than for someone who is doing such stellar work as Carrie is doing.
    Just sad.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast