Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,741

    Grammy Awards 2013: Retailers Predict Sales Spikes for Mumford, Underwood, More

    The haters are in the comments section AGAIN! SO JEALOUS HAHA

    But this is good news!!!

    Conversely, some merchants think that performances from Taylor Swift and Rihanna likely won’t be enough to ignite a big surge in sales, unless it’s a very distinctive performance. “Who hasn’t seen Taylor Swift perform at an awards show?” Newbury Comics director of purchasing Carl Mello asks. “Her performance won’t hurt sales, but at this point, it’s much more up to the nature of her performance as to whether it drives more sales.”

    But Carrie Underwood may be just the ticket, says Trans World music buyer Christina Amedore-Smith, who handles urban, country, Christian and dance for the chain. Country music always gets a bigger-than-expected boost from mainstream shows like the Grammys, she notes. While Underwood is a superstar, especially among country fans, Amedore-Smith thinks she has plenty of upside. Her last album Blown Away, has scanned 1.2 million units since its release in April 2012. All of her other albums have gone multi-platinum (although the last one just barely made it), and a Grammy performance could reignite sales for the title.


    Read more here :

    http://www.billboard.com/biz/article...les-spikes-for

  • #2
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,741
    Do some good comments in the comment section ! But just ignore to all the haters.

  • #3
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,399
    Concert Stars
    The poster is the same one that calls Carrie a haz bin. I.e. Jim, ricky, etc..

  • #4
    Ultimate Carrie Fan simonplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Uruguay
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
    The poster is the same one that calls Carrie a haz bin. I.e. Jim, ricky, etc..
    lol I know

  • #5
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,372
    Concert Stars
    Wow! That is good news! Hope it happens!!!

  • #6
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Zman312's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,020
    Concert Stars
    I hope Carrie sings BA at the Grammy because its just an amazing song and it's the title of the album. TBC is great but for teh Grammy it should be BA!
    (I really want her to open the Grammy with BA... that would be freaking awesome!)

  • #7
    Ultimate Carrie Fan Smokyiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    6,464
    Concert Stars
    Way cool .... I hope the predictions are right on. Thanks for posting Simon!

  • #8
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,105
    Concert Stars
    I hope the retailers are inventory-ready, assuming these predictions come to fruition.

  • #9
    Junior Carrie Follower CarrieFan928's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    482
    I hope that's true. I really want Blown Away to outsell Play On and also want Carrie to have an amazing performance.

  • #10
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,754
    Concert Stars
    Best Buy stocked up well all of a sudden. They usually run low on Carrie cds, but this weekend they were suddenly well stocked on all 4 of her cds.

  • #11
    Insane Carrie Fan Marie2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,862
    Quote Originally Posted by simonplay View Post
    The haters are in the comments section AGAIN! SO JEALOUS HAHA

    But this is good news!!!

    Conversely, some merchants think that performances from Taylor Swift and Rihanna likely won’t be enough to ignite a big surge in sales, unless it’s a very distinctive performance. “Who hasn’t seen Taylor Swift perform at an awards show?” Newbury Comics director of purchasing Carl Mello asks. “Her performance won’t hurt sales, but at this point, it’s much more up to the nature of her performance as to whether it drives more sales.”

    But Carrie Underwood may be just the ticket, says Trans World music buyer Christina Amedore-Smith, who handles urban, country, Christian and dance for the chain. Country music always gets a bigger-than-expected boost from mainstream shows like the Grammys, she notes. While Underwood is a superstar, especially among country fans, Amedore-Smith thinks she has plenty of upside. Her last album Blown Away, has scanned 1.2 million units since its release in April 2012. All of her other albums have gone multi-platinum (although the last one just barely made it), and a Grammy performance could reignite sales for the title.


    Read more here :

    http://www.billboard.com/biz/article...les-spikes-for
    I am going to take a minute and dream...... BA wins 2 grammies in Feb 2013 swsrn wins nada causing ba album and single to have huge increases in sales.

  • #12
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    2,545
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie2011 View Post
    I am going to take a minute and dream...... BA wins 2 grammies in Feb 2013 swsrn wins nada causing ba album and single to have huge increases in sales.
    Me too because it is a pretty good dream.

  • #13
    Ultimate Carrie Fan clh_hilary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    México
    Posts
    9,761
    I certainly hope this doesn't turn out to be a let down!

    The industry did expect Katy Perry to open with 750k copies...

  • #14
    Carrie Follower love's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    67
    thanks for posting! hoping for the best for Carrie!!!

  • #15
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by clh_hilary View Post
    I certainly hope this doesn't turn out to be a let down!

    The industry did expect Katy Perry to open with 750k copies...
    Oh? Then end up with what number?

  • #16
    Carrie Guru allamericangirl8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SoCal.
    Posts
    14,430
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopytan86 View Post
    Oh? Then end up with what number?
    lol

    192k

  • #17
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    992
    ops.. there is a big difference..

  • #18
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    711
    i just hope they are all stocked up w plenty copies of BA!

  • #19
    Insane Carrie Fan The Nanook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    4,858
    Concert Stars
    Does anyone know the increases Carrie's had for each of her previous Grammy performances?

  • #20
    Carrie Fans Maniac kewlie78189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,142
    Concert Stars
    hope its true!


  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Carrie Underwood racks up two nominations for the 2013 Grammy Awards
      By gaycarebear in forum Carrie Underwood Times
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 12-06-2012, 12:40 PM
    2. Replies: 11
      Last Post: 11-15-2012, 08:33 PM
    3. Predict Carrie's Grammy Nominations
      By PRGuy79 in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 55
      Last Post: 10-07-2012, 05:40 PM
    4. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 05-31-2012, 02:39 PM
    5. Replies: 4
      Last Post: 02-13-2012, 02:34 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •