Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Carrie Underwood 'Not Close To Taylor Swift'

Carrie Underwood 'Not Close To Taylor Swift' After Mocking Her Failed Relationships

They may share the same genre of music, but Carrie Underwood says she's “not close” to Taylor Swift, just months after she mocked Taylor's failed showbiz relationships.

The former American Idol winner famously mocked Taylor at the Country Music Association Awards in November, shortly after she split from ex Conor Kennedy, so it comes as no surprise that Carrie now admits she doesn't have much of a friendship with the 'I Knew You Were Trouble' singer.

“I'm not close to her,” Carrie admitted to Allure magazine. “We run into each other at events. We’re never in the same place at the same time.”

During Carrie's opening monologue at the CMAs alongside her co-host Brad Paisley, she quipped: “Brad and I were backstage talking about what a strange year this has been.”

Paisley added: “Just look at sports. I can't keep track of all these trades.

“The greatest trade of the year had to be the Kennedy family. They somehow traded Arnold Schwarzenegger for Taylor Swift. I mean, what they got for that..."

"Are they ever gonna get back together?" Brad added in reference to Taylor's hit single 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.'

Carried replied: “Never, never, never. Never ever."

Although Carrie poked fun at Taylor's personal life, she explains that she is proud the TV show Nashville and the movie, Country Strong, which stars Gwyneth Paltrow, depicts the success female country singers accurately.

“Nashville is all about females; Country Strong is all about females,” Carrie continued to explain.

“It's like there's a hundred spots for men to be able to take, but when it comes to women - and I don't mean to say this in a bragging way at all - but unfortunately I'm the only female this year who spent three weeks at number one on the country charts. Three weeks.”

We wonder if Taylor would agree with you, Carrie!

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/new...-Relationships

Insane Carrie Fan Carrieroxmysox2011's Avatar
    This thread is gonna get tons of posts!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Get ready, The swifty team will be all over this and make something more out of this than what really is..

Concert Stars
    Good gosh!! Will it never end?!!!!

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    media loves to stir the pot

Concert Stars
    Well, the truth is the truth.
    They aren't that close.
    That can mean a million things. But mostly it means just that: They aren't that close.
    No one ever thought they were.
    I don't know of a single person in the country industry who can say "they are" that close to her.
    She is simply not interested in them. And I might suggest that they are not that interested in her either.
    But if I was pressed to make a bold statement, I would say the reason Taylor is not closer to people in her own genre is more likey her doing and not theirs.
    She is simply not interested.
    She knows it.
    They know it.
    ITs a non issue.

Junior Carrie Follower underwoodfanfrance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Well, the truth is the truth.
    They aren't that close.
    That can mean a million things. But mostly it means just that: They aren't that close.
    No one ever thought they were.
    I don't know of a single person in the country industry who can say "they are" that close to her.
    She is simply not interested in them. And I might suggest that they are not that interested in her either.
    But if I was pressed to make a bold statement, I would say the reason Taylor is not closer to people in her own genre is more likey her doing and not theirs.
    She is simply not interested.
    She knows it.
    They know it.
    ITs a non issue.
    Agree, it's just the truth.
    When the paper said "They may share the same genre of music" : I wouldn't say that, though, as Taylor is not a country artist anymore.

Concert Stars
    That is total s! Why did they fail to mention that Brad teased Taylor at cmas too? They made it out to be all about Carrie. Totalbs.

and they misquoted the comment about her three weeks at number one. She meant that women are not doing well compared to men.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by underwoodfanfrance View Post
    Agree, it's just the truth.
    When the paper said "They may share the same genre of music" : I wouldn't say that, though, as Taylor is not a country artist anymore.
    Right? Taylor and her team are starting to make it difficult for people to figure out where she belongs.
    I really don't consider Taylor in the same genre with the likes of Underwood /Lambert any more at all.
    She is part of the Nikki Nation!!
    The Kesha Kingdom!!
    Perri Palace!!
    (Problem is I don't think they want her either).

Love how using nothing but words, it's possible to spin "not close to XYZ" into "XYZ IS MY MORTAL ENEMY WHO'S TRIED TO HAVE ME OFFED LIKE 20 TIMES"!

Concert Stars
    YEah, that was not very cool either.
    But it is time to start putting some of it onto Carrie.
    She has to figure out the right words to say.
    She used to say nothing! Now she speaks her mind, and its not bad but it can be bent to tabloids wishes.

Example: "Are You and Taylor Swift close". "Taylor is a sweetie. But we rarely have an opportunity to see eachother".
    "Carrie is proud of the dipiction of women in TV and movies like "Nashville" and Country Strong", "I love to see the depiction of dominant strong women who represent country music. There are so many opportunities for Men in this business, but did you know that there were only 3 weeks where a woman held the #1 spot on the country charts the entire year??"

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    YEah, that was not very cool either.
    But it is time to start putting some of it onto Carrie.
    She has to figure out the right words to say.
    She used to say nothing! Now she speaks her mind, and its not bad but it can be bent to tabloids wishes.

Example: "Are You and Taylor Swift close". "Taylor is a sweetie. But we rarely have an opportunity to see eachother".
    "Carrie is proud of the dipiction of women in TV and movies like "Nashville" and Country Strong", "I love to see the depiction of dominant strong women who represent country music. There are so many opportunities for Men in this business, but did you know that there were only 3 weeks where a woman held the #1 spot on the country charts the entire year??"
    Well, then Carrie would be lying as she does not know that Taylor is a sweetie. I think Carrie has learned from her college degree how much to say and say it in a way that is kinda open-ended. Carrie qualified her statement of "not being close" by the subsequent sentences. That's sufficient. But of course, the press will spin it by putting it in its article title to get hits.

Ty
    Why would she be proud of the depiction of women in Nashville & Country Song lol? She said she enjoys them but that that they're not realistic and I don't get what's wrong with that. It's nice to see a woman in the business actually tackle the issue of sexism at country radio.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    As long as both fan bases are going to go all crazy over each and every story that people write it will never end, all these writers know that both fan bases will go all crazy anytime both are in the same article so why would they stop writing them.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    "Most would expect the country singers to have plenty in common"

Really?
    I don't see that at all. I see the two artists as very different - and I'd be much more surprised if they did find much in common.

That article shows a heavy bias towards Pop culture - one feature of which is to admire people because they're "huge" (as celebrities and hit makers, that is) and another feature of which is to play up rivalry in the hope of getting fan interest onto the site.
    They make a big thing about the CMA skit, a few months ago, in which Carrie played a relatively small part (supposedly "whispering" to Brad to set him right on the situation, and then joining in singing 'never, ever' at the end). Basically, this part of the introduction was built around Brad as the wide-of-the-mark "goofer", with Carrie playing the "straight one" keeping the joke going. Yet, to pitch Brad against Taylor wouldn't serve the site's purpose of getting fans so riled up about seeing two women as rivals. So, Carrie it is....

Also, the site's concluding remark, carrying the unspoken implication that Carrie's jealously ignoring Taylor's chart achievements, only serves to underline how these Pop-focused sites, and many of their readers, see things differently from the point Carrie is making. I don't follow charts, but Carrie may well be correct that she's the only female to have spent more than three weeks at the head of a Country chart. She's making a point about Nashville and Country radio. The site think differently, and imply she's ignoring Taylor, because they presumably see Taylor heading other, crossover-heavy charts that are not based on what's played in the Country format - and therefore irrelevant to the point Carrie was making.

Concert Stars
    Well when Carrie said that she was the only women to spend 3 weeks at #1 on country radio - she was and she still is on the radio airplay chart - it's just Taylor came zooming in on the crap newly formed Hot Country Songs chart as #1 mainly due to POP radio airplay, Carrie charted #1 's exclusively due to country radio airplay. And Carrie still is a 3 week # 1er on country radio - BB has completely confused everyone with the Taylor made chart change - they really think Taylor spent three weeks at country radio #1? Taylor can barely make the top ten in country radio these days. People have to leave comments stating the difference

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    LIKE Never

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Soon... ... when TS leaves country music.

I believe radaronline started this yesterday afternoon. And from there, others picked it up. I just ignored it. Why give them what they want?

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by gwade82 View Post
    LIKE Never
    ever ,ever

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast