Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Nashville Scene's Country Music Critics Poll

Concert Stars
    I read the list and I was not all that thrilled with their list.

Concert Stars
    total BS as usual.

Taylor is not even country and should not be on the poll. Carrie deserved much more love- and should have been on the songwriters poll.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    total BS as usual.

Taylor is not even country and should not be on the poll. Carrie deserved much more love- and should have been on the songwriters poll.
    And Artist - they totally left her off!

Concert Stars
    Can't win. We know where the real talent lies.

The list is a complete joke imo for example the album red is in the top 6 and that is a pop album imo not to mention that they put carrie at #3 for the female singers list and puting ts on the live act list but not carrie is ridioulous idc how fast ts concert sells out she is a terrible live singer. And therefore should not be on the list. And not including carrie in the artist of the year list makes me think was the person/ people on crack when he/she/they came up with lists. And not to mention the fact that wanegbt is in the top 20 for country singles is just plain stupid.

Concert Stars
    It's interesting to see how little love Carrie got from these people when everywhere else they are putting her in all of their top 10 lists. And how much love TS still has from this group is baffling to say the least.

Concert Stars
    not liking this!

Concert Stars
    Well, you can tell that they are big time traditionalist. At least Wilcox and Kelly gave her some props!!!! Kacey Musgraves and Ashley Monroe are being highlighted a lot this year!! I've seen it talked about on windmills several times by different people!! These critics just don't like "modern" Country!!!

Why in hell nobody include to Carrie in their LIVE ACT list????? first TOC and now this! COME ON!

What is wrong with this people ears??

Concert Stars
    Carrie has never been a critic darling so I don't see how that would change all of the sudden.
    yeah, blown away is a huge step forward artistically, but one album won't change their minds. Heck, their minds might never be changed.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Doesn't Willy Wonka make Carolina Chocolate Drops?

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    Carrie has never been a critic darling so I don't see how that would change all of the sudden.
    yeah, blown away is a huge step forward artistically, but one album won't change their minds. Heck, their minds might never be changed.
    Exactly!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Your comment made me think of one of my favorite Salada Tea lines "Some minds are like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set."
    Their thoughts are beyond my comprehension.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    I agree, people's minds are likely made up by now and nothing will change that.

Concert Stars
    They may have not even listened to the Blown Away album - that wouldn't surprise me at all - critics are notorious for not listening, seeing or reading the material they are reviewing - lists like that are meaningless really, just a bunch of people with their opinions

Quote Originally Posted by judes View Post
    They may have not even listened to the Blown Away album - that wouldn't surprise me at all - critics are notorious for not listening, seeing or reading the material they are reviewing - lists like that are meaningless really, just a bunch of people with their opinions
    that's what we call money talks. publicity, lots of money for publicity

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Well, you can tell that they are big time traditionalist. At least Wilcox and Kelly gave her some props!!!! Kacey Musgraves and Ashley Monroe are being highlighted a lot this year!! I've seen it talked about on windmills several times by different people!! These critics just don't like "modern" Country!!!

Then why do they like Taylor so much? Her album is rated above Carrie's and it is total Pop rubbish. Also she got on the Live act list and did not even tour in 2012, while Carrie did.

I call BS!!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    It bothers me that the country music industry has a brilliant gem in their midst called Carrie Underwood. She is a fantastic vocalist/performer, screams country music to the heavens, promotes it everywhere, stayed true to the country genre and is well liked and respected all over the world. Yet--they ignore her and promote Swift, Lambert, etc.. Swift is what she is---a very poor vocalist, songwriter of bubblegum pop and is a pop artist. Lambert is an average vocalist, not a very good performer (I have been to one of her concerts and many people, including me and my friends walked out before the show was 2/3rds over). She brags about drinking, hung over and popping pills (she did at the concert) and brags about being a bad a$$---and in my opinion it makes her appear cheap, annoying and obnoxious. Yet---they choose them over Carrie. I do not want Carrie to change at all---I love her music, her personally and am proud to be a fan. I don't believe they will ever accept her nor will they change their opinion of her. They are the losers...

Not surprised, but she's so underrated...yup, underrated.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast