Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Perez Hilton: Carrie Underwood Supports Gay Marriage, Wearing Panties, & Being Nice:)

http://perezhilton.com/2013-01-15-ca...omment-6308434

We have to say, those are all pretty damn good things to support!
    Carrie Underwood was as sugary sweet as they come when she broke onto the scene with American Idol, and all these years later, not much has changed.
    The country darling spoke with Allure magazine about maintaining her down-home appeal while still making her voice clear as a modern woman. She revealed:
    “I’m in favor of acceptance. And I am a Christian person, and I do love the Lord, and I feel no matter who you are, what you believe, how you live your life, it’s not my place to judge. I don’t have that power. I don’t want that power. It’s my place to love and to show God’s love to other people, even if they don’t live a life like I live. So that’s where I’m coming from.”
    But that’s not the only awesome thing she’s taking a stand for…she’s also all about covering up down below!
    The sweet singer admitted no one will be getting any pics of her goodies anytime soon:
    “Underneath every skirt, every dress, I’m wearing shorts. So that everyone in the world knows, if I ever fell down, nobody would get a peek at anything.”
    Ha! Loves it!
    Some little ladiez in Hollywood might want to take note because she not only covers up, but she's also helped Nashville become the nicest part of the industry, in her opinion. She admitted:
    “To be honest, I’ve been fortunate enough to work with other types of music—and we’re the least drama-rific people.”
    Dang!

Concert Stars
    I'm glad to see you left off the TS part of his article!

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I hope this does not shut down this thread. It seems that the word "acceptance" means different things to different people. And GLAAD ran with this. Here is my take:

I interpret "acceptance" as in the context of Carrie "accepting" people for "who you are, what you believe, how you live your life". This does not necessarily mean that her acceptance equates to agreement. An obvious example is if a person believes in [any religion other than Christianity], Carrie would accept that person and respect their beliefs, but it does not mean that she agrees with that belief.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    I hope this does not shut down this thread. It seems that the word "acceptance" means different things to different people. And GLAAD ran with this. Here is my take:

I interpret "acceptance" as in the context of Carrie "accepting" people for "who you are, what you believe, how you live your life". This does not necessarily mean that her acceptance equates to agreement. An obvious example is if a person believes in [any religion other than Christianity], Carrie would accept that person and respect their beliefs, but it does not mean that she agrees with that belief.
    Everyone is entitled to their own interpretation of Carrie's quote (Unless the Westboro Bastist Church decides to state theirs lol). Unless someone decides to freak out over that opinion for no reason, then I see no reason why the thread would be shut down

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I'm glad to see you left off the TS part of his article!

lol I was wondering if someone would notice that. lol

Well she made that pretty clear when she was in London didn't she?

Concert Stars

Yes. IMO. Carrie is not in support or against being gay. It's just not her place to judge.
    Last edited by carebearcarrie; 01-16-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Carrie Guru

That is the beauty of Carrie's statement -- Dang, she is so smart

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    lol I was wondering if someone would notice that. lol
    She did...and she's made her stance on the matter crystal clear and unlike most others, is not interested in using this as some sort of a platform. But to her credit (or not, if you disagree with her), she's still standing by her words without shoving it down our throats. Huge props to her.

And good call in cutting out the ending of that article Tee...I threw up in my mouth a little.

Concert Stars
    I really really love that Perez likes our girl!!

Obsessed Carrie Fan NC State Carrie Fan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Yeah it's like she supports it but she doesn't at the same time to make both sides happy.....what a genius!

Concert Stars
    Agree, that she is gracriously avoiding allowing anyone to burden her with a platform she did not ask for.
    As a Gay man, I was fully fulfilled with what she stated in London and I really see no need to bring it up again.
    Its not "her" sexual orientation! So it is enough for me to know that she is a wonderful compassionate person who does not judge what she does not have a place to judge.
    Love you Carrie.
    And lets not continue to make something of this that is not there.
    She has made animals, her christian faith, and healthy living her platform. Those are topics that make sense cause they are close to her.

I love that Carrie spoke of her acceptance a second time. I think it's important she does (NOT because she has any obligation to do so), but simply because many people (and I fully include myself in that) assumed or suspected that she thought us gays were disgusting sinners simply because of how strong her faith is. That is our ignorance, and our folly, and I'm glad she proved us wrong

I'm not gonna lie. That quote of hers supporting marriage equality changed my life last summer. It's strange that we give celebrities so much importance in our life, but hearing my favourite singer since I was a kid saying that I had a right to "publicly love whoever I choose to love" really did help what was a very confusing and mildly stressful part of my life. I was going through a troubled phase of self-doubt and hearing all those "Am I broken? Is there something wrong with me?" questions in my head and it felt like Carrie had just knocked on my bedroom door, patted me and told me that that there was absolutely nothing wrong with me.

And if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that I am *NOT* unique, and there may be hundreds of thousands of similarly worried teenagers whom Carrie's simple one-line statement helped bring out of a dark phase.

Y'know, she really is the perfect human being. The flames of human compassion seem to brighter in her soul than most other people I know.

And sorry, I have to bring up the TS mention...Um...what? He went from "least dramatic people" to "TAYLOR SWIFT"? That's just wrong :P

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    And sorry, I have to bring up the TS mention...Um...what? He went from "least dramatic people" to "TAYLOR SWIFT"? That's just wrong :P
    Once again she did not say she supports gay lifestyles, she reiterated that it is not up to her to judge. People including Perez should stop assigning their personal beliefs to Carrie. She said many times that she is a christian and that is what she supports. My opinion is not in response to your post.

Quote Originally Posted by gwade82 View Post
    Once again she did not say she supports gay lifestyles, she reiterated that it is not up to her to judge. People including Perez should stop assigning their personal beliefs to Carrie. She said many times that she is a christian and that is what she supports.
    Why is my TS jibe quoted?

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Why is my TS jibe quoted?
    Edited my post. Not in response to yours.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm Christian and I support Gay Marriage
    Becca

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    What I understand on CARRIE'S STAND on this is that - To totally give up oneself to God brings no benefit for that person who makes that sacrifice of self - WITHOUT LOVE. Whatever our most significant spiritual achievement may be - IT IS NOTHING WITHOUT LOVE. The CENTRALITY and the ETERNALITY of LOVE is very powerful in CARRIE'S BELIEF. The importance of LOVE in CARRIE'S BELIEF is - not that it is the only eternal reality ...... FAITH and HOPE are also eternal - LOVE'S IMPORTANCE derives from the fact that ITS ABSENCE makes FAITH, HOPE, and any other religious virtues MEANINGLESS. However we may end up being religious, we will never be a Christian withou love. The TEACHINGS of "Jesus Christ, OUR SAVIOR" and the TEACHINGS of the New Testament confronts us with the demand for LOVE OF GOD and LOVE OF OUR NEIGHBOR, LIKE THE GOOD SAMARITAN DID.

New Carrie Fan
    Carrie supports gay marriage and Carrie tolerates gay marriage are two different things.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast