Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars

A Conversation With Hillary Lindsey (Carrie related stuff mentioned)

I will put the Carrie related parts here and then linked the full interview at the bottom.

By my count, you have had 16 cuts with Carrie Underwood. How did that come about?

When she won American Idol, they held a writers camp and she would go from room to room and check out people. She had a lot of songs of mine on hold. I don’t know how it happened, but she just gravitated towards the way I write. I’ve been very grateful that she continues to want to write. We did a writing camp at the Ryman — pretty crazy. We would have dinner on the stage when the whole thing was over. Writing camps are pretty strenuous, when all you want to do is write THE song. Some days she would sit in with people, some days she would just let us go. I don’t even know if any of the songs from that camp made the record.
    Tell me about Carrie Underwood’s “Do You Think About Me“.

I love that song! I wrote it with Cary Barlowe and Shane Stevens in Key West, at the Key West annual songwriters festival. That year was the first year that we all went together, and stayed at a house. We were sitting by the pool, and Cary started playing that lick. I flipped my guitar over and started playing the beat. I don’t even really remember how it all came together, but it all came so fast. The three of us sound so good together — it instantly sounded good. We thought with the three way harmony, that Lady Antebellum would cut it, but they passed. I don’t even know who pitched it to Carrie, but she loved it and cut it. We finished writing it and jumped in the pool.

How long ago was that?

It was several years before it was cut. It’s weird like that — I mean, look at “The House That Built Me“. That song sat on the shelf for seven years.
    Hillary also mentioned one of the first songs she loved was "I Can't Make You Love Me" which I thought was interesting since Carrie auditioned with that song. I only underlined the thing about Lady A because I thought that was very interesting as well. Link to full article: http://www.thesongsurvives.com/2013/...llary-lindsey/

Carrie Guru
    Thanks... "LIKE"

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Great article "....myhero" Thanks for posting.

Ohhh... thanks Lady A for passing DYTAM!

I guess Carrie and Lady A are "even" then since Carrie decided not to record American Honey

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    Ohhh... thanks Lady A for passing DYTAM!

I guess Carrie and Lady A are "even" then since Carrie decided not to record American Honey
    American Honey was pitched to Carrie? I do like this trade haha.

Concert Stars
    love!!!

Concert Stars
    Cool. Thanks so much for this.

•