Carrie Underwood sends heartfelt prayers to family suffering devastating loss

Carrie Underwood's heart of gold was on full display last night (Jan. 14) on the popular Twitter social media site, as she sent out a heartfelt prayer to a family suffering from a devastating loss. "May the good Lord watch over the Bengel family," Underwood tweeted, attaching the photo above. "Rest in peace, Trent."

Trent Bengel, 14, passed away on Jan. 12 after a three-year long battle with brain cancer. Born in Lansing, Michigan Oct. 22, 1998, he was a courageous soul whose impact has been felt with all those he has ever come in contact with. On Jan. 2, 2010, he was diagnosed with a brain tumor, but he never let that minor setback keep him from enjoying life and his favorite music, including Underwood. Legacy describes it best:

"Trent had a personality and a smile that was one of a kind. His sense of humor and love for life had an impact on everyone around him whether he was hanging out with friends and family at Chippewa Lake, camping out, at the baseball field or basketball court, at the movie theater, or Michigan Adventure. Trent was caring to everyone he came in contact with whether you were young or old and was ALWAYS able to make you smile and feel good."

http://www.examiner.com/article/carr...vastating-loss

Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Dang it! That article made me teary eyed. I love that Carrie did this and prayers and condolences go to Trent's family and friends.

Concert Stars
    I started tearing up in class while reading this. Carrie has a huge heart, Rest in Paradise to Trent.

Concert Stars
    Rest in Peace Trent.

Concert Stars
    so so sad!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlie78189 View Post
    so so sad!
    Very sad. Rest in peace Trent.

Concert Stars
    Great article! So sad!

Only science can cure the horror that is cancer. Science has long since proven it is humanity's strongest and only weapon. Just as the world over a century ago could not have imagined that children would ever be born into a world without smallpox, so too must we focus on creating a world where cancers are easily and painlessly treated. It will be much harder, but certainly possible.

My generation (those of us just reaching adulthood) needs to truly commit its every resource to bettering our treatments against cancer. Needs to be at the very highest of our prioirities along with lifting the underdeveloped world out of poverty and stopping the spread of AIDS.

Junior Carrie Follower
    You have a heavenly new home. Rest in peace Trent.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Only science can cure the horror that is cancer. Science has long since proven it is humanity's strongest and only weapon. Just as the world over a century ago could not have imagined that children would ever be born into a world without smallpox, so too must we focus on creating a world where cancers are easily and painlessly treated. It will be much harder, but certainly possible.

My generation (those of us just reaching adulthood) needs to truly commit its every resource to bettering our treatments against cancer. Needs to be at the very highest of our prioirities along with lifting the underdeveloped world out of poverty and stopping the spread of AIDS.
    I strongly believe that we all should focus more on health and prevention of cancer. But I dont think it will happen because of the multibillion dollars involvement of the pharmaceuticals. They will lose billion of dollars if indeed prevention is working and treatment is found. They will continually develop medications to slow down the growth of cancer at a very high price. We are lucky here in Canada that all treatments are free under our medicare. But there are experimental drugs that are not covered and patients cant afford to pay yet they dont really guarantee any cure as well. Patients will be put on stastistics as to the result of participating the experimental treatments. I dont think we can really slow down the cancer because all factors are pointing towards it. Our foods these days are mostly genetically modified and chemicals laden, fast foods and boxed prepared foods, deli meats, poor lifestyle and diet, stress, environmental factors and genetic factors. Just my opinion. Everywhere you turn, your hear people dying of cancer and from different ages. Very sad and alarming. Devastating to watch how cancer eats the body slowly.

Concert Stars
    I said it in my post with the tweet, but this is why I am a huge fan of Carrie. It is her heart of gold and caring that comes through in everything she does. I love that his sister said that she has more respect for Carrie now.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie is so caring to other people

•