Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,773
    Concert Stars

    Early Article About Sound of Music Casting etc: More Details of Songs

    Not sure if this was posted already, but in June, this article came out and there are some details about Sound of Music NBC special that I was unaware of before. Plus, it said casting started way back in June, so I bet they have Captain Von Trapp and others all booked by now. Hope we hear some news soon!

    http://www.nbc.com/news/2012/06/29/n...he-classic-st/

    "It isn't our intention to produce a remake of the movie version of 'The Sound of Music' - that would be artistic blasphemy," said Zadan. "What we want to do, instead, is to give audiences a completely fresh experience of this great Tony Award-winning stage musical in the form of a classic television event, combined with the spontaneity of a live performance. And all of the actors will be singing live; there will be no lip-synching to pre-recordings."


    "This groundbreaking 'hybrid' of sorts will be based on the stage musical," added Meron, "and will feature all the classic songs that audiences associate with 'The Sound of Music' -- including the title song, 'Do-Re-Mi,' 'Climb Ev'ry Mountain,' and 'My Favorite Things' -- plus a few wonderful songs from the Broadway version that people are less familiar with."


    ----more at site: Read their impressive resume too. They have tons of Emmys, Globes, Tonys, and even Grammys. They helped Renee Zelwegger get her OScar for Chicago movie too.

    Their resume is so impressive that I know this is going to be amazing!

  • #2
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Awesome! I finally watched The Sound of Music movie recently, so now that I'm more familiar with it I'm even more excited to see this. Hopefully we'll get some more casting news soon, I'm excited to see who will be playing the Captain and Leisel (I think that was her name).

  • #3
    Carrie Guru
    maddkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    23,841
    Concert Stars
    *like*

    hope we hear something about the rest of the cast soon

  • #4
    Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,030
    Concert Stars
    Sounds like Carrie has a great team behind her! I can't wait for the holidays just to watch this!

  • #5
    Insane Carrie Fan Gator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,105
    Concert Stars
    Great article! I hope they announce the rest of the cast soon! t4p

  • #6
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Elmwood
    Posts
    285
    I am so excited to see this. I can totally see Carrie in this production. I think the casting of the Captain is very important. It needs to be someone who will mesh with Carrie's singing. Not one who sings opera.

  • #7
    Insane Carrie Fan Manchs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    4,011
    This is gonna be so huge!

  • #8
    Carrie Guru rainbow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    15,375
    Concert Stars
    This whole thing is just awesome!!!

  • #9
    Obsessed Carrie Fan _luvqry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,222
    wow... great to know Carrie is in good hands. Chicago was just awesome with Caterine, Richard, Renee, Latifah, Taye. One of my favorite movies.

  • #10
    Insane Carrie Fan liz278's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,384
    Concert Stars
    I am so excited for this. So according to what Carrie said at the CMT Artist of the Year she will be spending the second half of the year in practice and learning the songs, etc. So that means we won't have a whole lot of Carrie news to talk about but more waiting and we don't do that very well.

  • #11
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,773
    Concert Stars
    agree! They got so many awards! I trust that Carrie is in good hands.

    We need some details about her castmates soon though. At least tell us about Captain Von Trapp.

    You know who is a great singer? Eddie Redgrave. But he is too young to be the Captain. However- he could be Rolph, Leisel's boyfriend. The telegram guy.

  • #12
    Carrie Fans Maniac kewlie78189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,142
    Concert Stars
    oh so excited for this...can't wait to see it!

  • #13
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,773
    Concert Stars
    Does anyone have any ideas as to when they will announce the rest of the cast? Or at least Captain Von Trapp?

  • #14
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,773
    Concert Stars

  • #15
    Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chino, CA
    Posts
    13,711
    Concert Stars
    This is so exciting

  • #16
    mbh
    mbh is offline
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Not sure if this was posted already, but in June, this article came out and there are some details about Sound of Music NBC special that I was unaware of before. Plus, it said casting started way back in June, so I bet they have Captain Von Trapp and others all booked by now. Hope we hear some news soon!

    http://www.nbc.com/news/2012/06/29/n...he-classic-st/

    "It isn't our intention to produce a remake of the movie version of 'The Sound of Music' - that would be artistic blasphemy," said Zadan. "What we want to do, instead, is to give audiences a completely fresh experience of this great Tony Award-winning stage musical in the form of a classic television event, combined with the spontaneity of a live performance. And all of the actors will be singing live; there will be no lip-synching to pre-recordings."


    "This groundbreaking 'hybrid' of sorts will be based on the stage musical," added Meron, "and will feature all the classic songs that audiences associate with 'The Sound of Music' -- including the title song, 'Do-Re-Mi,' 'Climb Ev'ry Mountain,' and 'My Favorite Things' -- plus a few wonderful songs from the Broadway version that people are less familiar with."


    ----more at site: Read their impressive resume too. They have tons of Emmys, Globes, Tonys, and even Grammys. They helped Renee Zelwegger get her OScar for Chicago movie too.

    Their resume is so impressive that I know this is going to be amazing!

    Amazing TEAM!!! Carrie Underwood, who exercise the option FOR EXCELLENCE and try to be MORE OUTSTANDING, BIGGER and MORE LASTING than HERSELF .... AND THE BEST AND HARDEST WORK IS DONE WITH HER "extraordinary natural talent" - with an EVEN MORE EXTRAORDINARY perseverance and drive in the spirit of adventure and challenge is "worthy of lasting". Indeed, one of the great ironies in comparing Carrie Underwood and MANY ARTISTS comes in the fact that - Carrie has CONSISTENTLY had a "portfolio" of projects that would be the envy of MANY ARTISTS. "Look at those cash cows and strategic stars." Carrie's "portfolio" of projects looks BEAUTIFULLY PLANNED (just as species and the universe were perfectly created by God's universal sovereignty). It also means working with a deep and abiding respect for her ORGANIZATION. For it is through the power of human organization - of individuals working together in common cause - that the bulk of the world's best work gets done.

  • #17
    Obsessed Carrie Fan PRGuy79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,694
    Concert Stars
    Great find! Thanks for posting! I am really looking forward to seeing/hearing what Carrie brings to this iconic role.

    I can't help but continue to feel like this will open more doors for Carrie in movie musicals - especially with the powerhouse production team behind this effort. With the success that musicals continue to have in Hollywood (i.e. Chicago, Dreamgirls, Les Miserables, etc.), it seems like they will continue to move forward with big-budget productions.

    Any ideas of what musicals are or may be in the running to get made as a motion picture? Are any of them potentially good fits for Carrie?

  • #18
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Sounds great.
    Really excited about this!!
    And yes, it looks like they will be using the "specific" stage script.
    Rather different than the film version.
    Which I thnbk is good so there are not so many obvious comparisons.

  • #19
    Carrie Guru epicamends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,380
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    agree! They got so many awards! I trust that Carrie is in good hands.

    We need some details about her castmates soon though. At least tell us about Captain Von Trapp.

    You know who is a great singer? Eddie Redgrave. But he is too young to be the Captain. However- he could be Rolph, Leisel's boyfriend. The telegram guy.
    Do you mean Eddie Redmayne? I loved him in Les Mis. But yeah, too young to be the Captain. I can't wait to see who they chose for that.

  • #20
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,773
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Do you mean Eddie Redmayne? I loved him in Les Mis. But yeah, too young to be the Captain. I can't wait to see who they chose for that.
    yes sorry! I love his voice so much!


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. *****Carrie Sings The Sound Of Music*****
      By Carrie Country in forum Carrie On Youtube
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 11-04-2013, 02:04 PM
    2. Replies: 591
      Last Post: 06-04-2013, 08:54 AM
    3. Replies: 15
      Last Post: 12-01-2012, 11:57 PM
    4. Carrie to star as Maria von Trapp in NBC The Sound of Music!
      By allirishgirl in forum Carrie Underwood Chat
      Replies: 46
      Last Post: 11-30-2012, 03:27 PM
    5. Carrie THe Sound Of Music!!!
      By Carrie Country in forum Carrie On Youtube
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 05-06-2011, 01:46 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •