Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Concert Stars

Early Article About Sound of Music Casting etc: More Details of Songs

Not sure if this was posted already, but in June, this article came out and there are some details about Sound of Music NBC special that I was unaware of before. Plus, it said casting started way back in June, so I bet they have Captain Von Trapp and others all booked by now. Hope we hear some news soon!

http://www.nbc.com/news/2012/06/29/n...he-classic-st/

"It isn't our intention to produce a remake of the movie version of 'The Sound of Music' - that would be artistic blasphemy," said Zadan. "What we want to do, instead, is to give audiences a completely fresh experience of this great Tony Award-winning stage musical in the form of a classic television event, combined with the spontaneity of a live performance. And all of the actors will be singing live; there will be no lip-synching to pre-recordings."

"This groundbreaking 'hybrid' of sorts will be based on the stage musical," added Meron, "and will feature all the classic songs that audiences associate with 'The Sound of Music' -- including the title song, 'Do-Re-Mi,' 'Climb Ev'ry Mountain,' and 'My Favorite Things' -- plus a few wonderful songs from the Broadway version that people are less familiar with."

----more at site: Read their impressive resume too. They have tons of Emmys, Globes, Tonys, and even Grammys. They helped Renee Zelwegger get her OScar for Chicago movie too.

Their resume is so impressive that I know this is going to be amazing!

Awesome! I finally watched The Sound of Music movie recently, so now that I'm more familiar with it I'm even more excited to see this. Hopefully we'll get some more casting news soon, I'm excited to see who will be playing the Captain and Leisel (I think that was her name).

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    *like*

hope we hear something about the rest of the cast soon

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Sounds like Carrie has a great team behind her! I can't wait for the holidays just to watch this!

Concert Stars
    Great article! I hope they announce the rest of the cast soon! t4p

Junior Carrie Follower
    I am so excited to see this. I can totally see Carrie in this production. I think the casting of the Captain is very important. It needs to be someone who will mesh with Carrie's singing. Not one who sings opera.

This is gonna be so huge!

Concert Stars
    This whole thing is just awesome!!!

wow... great to know Carrie is in good hands. Chicago was just awesome with Caterine, Richard, Renee, Latifah, Taye. One of my favorite movies.

Concert Stars
    I am so excited for this. So according to what Carrie said at the CMT Artist of the Year she will be spending the second half of the year in practice and learning the songs, etc. So that means we won't have a whole lot of Carrie news to talk about but more waiting and we don't do that very well.

Concert Stars
    agree! They got so many awards! I trust that Carrie is in good hands.

We need some details about her castmates soon though. At least tell us about Captain Von Trapp.

You know who is a great singer? Eddie Redgrave. But he is too young to be the Captain. However- he could be Rolph, Leisel's boyfriend. The telegram guy.

Concert Stars
    oh so excited for this...can't wait to see it!

Concert Stars
    Does anyone have any ideas as to when they will announce the rest of the cast? Or at least Captain Von Trapp?

Concert Stars

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is so exciting

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Not sure if this was posted already, but in June, this article came out and there are some details about Sound of Music NBC special that I was unaware of before. Plus, it said casting started way back in June, so I bet they have Captain Von Trapp and others all booked by now. Hope we hear some news soon!

http://www.nbc.com/news/2012/06/29/n...he-classic-st/

"It isn't our intention to produce a remake of the movie version of 'The Sound of Music' - that would be artistic blasphemy," said Zadan. "What we want to do, instead, is to give audiences a completely fresh experience of this great Tony Award-winning stage musical in the form of a classic television event, combined with the spontaneity of a live performance. And all of the actors will be singing live; there will be no lip-synching to pre-recordings."

"This groundbreaking 'hybrid' of sorts will be based on the stage musical," added Meron, "and will feature all the classic songs that audiences associate with 'The Sound of Music' -- including the title song, 'Do-Re-Mi,' 'Climb Ev'ry Mountain,' and 'My Favorite Things' -- plus a few wonderful songs from the Broadway version that people are less familiar with."

----more at site: Read their impressive resume too. They have tons of Emmys, Globes, Tonys, and even Grammys. They helped Renee Zelwegger get her OScar for Chicago movie too.

Their resume is so impressive that I know this is going to be amazing!

Amazing TEAM!!! Carrie Underwood, who exercise the option FOR EXCELLENCE and try to be MORE OUTSTANDING, BIGGER and MORE LASTING than HERSELF .... AND THE BEST AND HARDEST WORK IS DONE WITH HER "extraordinary natural talent" - with an EVEN MORE EXTRAORDINARY perseverance and drive in the spirit of adventure and challenge is "worthy of lasting". Indeed, one of the great ironies in comparing Carrie Underwood and MANY ARTISTS comes in the fact that - Carrie has CONSISTENTLY had a "portfolio" of projects that would be the envy of MANY ARTISTS. "Look at those cash cows and strategic stars." Carrie's "portfolio" of projects looks BEAUTIFULLY PLANNED (just as species and the universe were perfectly created by God's universal sovereignty). It also means working with a deep and abiding respect for her ORGANIZATION. For it is through the power of human organization - of individuals working together in common cause - that the bulk of the world's best work gets done.

Concert Stars
    Great find! Thanks for posting! I am really looking forward to seeing/hearing what Carrie brings to this iconic role.

I can't help but continue to feel like this will open more doors for Carrie in movie musicals - especially with the powerhouse production team behind this effort. With the success that musicals continue to have in Hollywood (i.e. Chicago, Dreamgirls, Les Miserables, etc.), it seems like they will continue to move forward with big-budget productions.

Any ideas of what musicals are or may be in the running to get made as a motion picture? Are any of them potentially good fits for Carrie?

Concert Stars
    Sounds great.
    Really excited about this!!
    And yes, it looks like they will be using the "specific" stage script.
    Rather different than the film version.
    Which I thnbk is good so there are not so many obvious comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    agree! They got so many awards! I trust that Carrie is in good hands.

We need some details about her castmates soon though. At least tell us about Captain Von Trapp.

You know who is a great singer? Eddie Redgrave. But he is too young to be the Captain. However- he could be Rolph, Leisel's boyfriend. The telegram guy.
    Do you mean Eddie Redmayne? I loved him in Les Mis. But yeah, too young to be the Captain. I can't wait to see who they chose for that.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Do you mean Eddie Redmayne? I loved him in Les Mis. But yeah, too young to be the Captain. I can't wait to see who they chose for that.
    yes sorry! I love his voice so much!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast