Carrie Underwood's 'Blown Away' storms the Top 10 Country Dance Songs of 2012 list

Carrie Underwood's No. 1 smash hit "Blown Away" earns the singer yet another honorable distinction. Marco Club Connection has just released its Top 10 Country Dance Songs of 2012 list, marking the publication's 9th Annual ranking of the best nationwide tracks. Surveying a panel of nearly 250 club owners, deejays and the like, the new tally boasts a wide range of Country music's biggest and brightest talent. Underwood's stormy "Blown Away" lands in the No. 10 spot on the chart.

Topping the year-end snapshot, Little Big Town's "Pontoon" continues its domination as the biggest summer anthem of 2012. Eric Church's "Springsteen," off his critically acclaimed Chief record, comes in at the impressive No. 2 slot. Kip Moore rounds out the Top 3 with his "Something 'Bout a Truck."

Bobbe Morhiser, Manager of Venue Marketing, released a statement, noting the pleasant mix of older artists and fresh faces:

“This year’s Top 10 contains a number of young, fresh talent. I’m proud to see new music impacting the club and dance community so quickly. We also saw a few ballads in the Top 10, which is a switch from the surge of remixes seen in previous years. Proving that a great song will thrive in a high-energy dance setting just as well as a dance remix.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/carr...-songs-of-2012

Concert Stars
    Hahahahahahahaha! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not the only one who dances to Blown Away! XD

Junior Carrie Follower CarrieFan928's Avatar
    The other ones make somewhat sense since they are about having fun but who dances to a song about a storm and murdering one's father? lol

Concert Stars
    This is one honor I will question haha. Though I'm sure when clubs play BA they make some changes that make the song more dance-friendly - though I haven't really seen any good remixes on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieFan928 View Post
    The other ones make somewhat sense since they are about having fun but who dances to a song about a storm and murdering one's father? lol
    BA has a great production on it, which is why.

Insane Carrie Fan countrymusicfan15's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Where's GG?!?

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That's so cool! The beat is good to dance to but the lyrics not so much haha.

Concert Stars
    really..that's cool...I would have no idea how to dance to it though haha

Junior Carrie Follower abdulmajeed's Avatar
    Me and my friends in the Philippines jam along with Blown Away at our roof top whenever the winds and rain are strong. I don't know if it's right but we enjoy it. LOL.

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I know I dance up a storm with this song sometimes!

get it... dance up a storm... hehehe

New Carrie Fan
    carrie proved that she is a country singer, and one of the best vocals in country music, she should be very proud of herself, and I also love her album blown away

http://www.carriefans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156092 (Carrie Underwood's 'Blown Away' storms the Top 10 Country Dance Songs of 2012 list)

Concert Stars
    Well it's interesting that Blown Away made this list, I mean - I love the song.. but I certainly don't find myself wanting to dance to it on any occasions. I think it would of made a lot more sense to have Good Girl on the list, it's much more dance-able.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieFan928 View Post
    ITA. I'd really like to hear the dance mix that they're using. I would hope that they exclude all the verses that hint at abuse and murder.

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Guys, when this song is blasting at a bar, you don't listen to the lyrics, you hear the music. Which you can definitely dance to.

•