Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood is the #1 Country female touring artist of 2012

Carrie Underwood is the #1 Country female touring artist of 2012

Once again, Carrie Underwood has blown away (pun intended) the Country female competition. Pollstar, a trade publication which tallies the year's top-selling worldwide tours, has released its exclusive 2012 Top 50 Worldwide Tours list, ahead of its full year-end review coming in January 2013. It isn't any surprise that Underwood, who recently scored her 16th No. 1 single of her career ("Blown Away"), landed at No. 47 on the list, marking her the only solo Country female to earn a spot.

Grossing $29.2 million, the critically acclaimed Blown Away Tour hit up 55 cities here in the states, as well as a collection of shows in the UK and Australia. With newcomer Hunter Hayes ("Wanted") in tow, Underwood went about proving that she is of "Entertainer of the Year" quality, despite never earning recognition by the Country Music Association. Unlike previous headlining tours, the Oklahoma belter pulled out all the stops for the most extravagantly over-the-top production, complete with moving screens and gorgeous costumes, and a 23-song setlist that showcased her dynamic performance style and vocal range. Fans can expect Underwood to hit the road, once again, this spring, as 40 more dates have been added, including a handful overseas in Ireland and the UK.

The Top 50 list also includes the likes of Madonna (No. 1 with a staggering $296.1 million gross), Lady Gaga (No. 5 with a whopping $161.4 mil.) and Elton John (No. 9 with an impressive $69.9 mil). Additionally, Country music was heavily represented by Underwood's male counterparts, with Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw's Brothers of the Sun Tour being crowned the top Country tour of the year with $96.5 million grossed. This lands the hot duo at No. 7. You can also spot Jason Aldean (No. 24), Brad Paisley (No. 28) and Lady Antebellum (No. 32) on the tally.

Carrie Underwood is the #1 Country female touring artist of 2012 - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

Concert Stars
    Woohoooo!

Watch she'll still get snubbed for EOTY at the ACMs. lol. And definitely the CMAs.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    That is some serious cash that Roger Waters pulled in.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    No surprise there. Congrats, Carrie!!

Concert Stars
    Awesome article! I love that Carrie is the top country female! Suck it, Billboard!
    liz278 likes this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Awesome article! I love that Carrie is the top country female! Suck it, Billboard!
    As I mentioned in the Boxscore thread, I wouldn't have expected Carrie being on the Billboard list given the Billboard list is only the top 25 and Carrie was #47 on the Pollstar list.
    Pitocco likes this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    As I mentioned in the Boxscore thread, I wouldn't have expected Carrie being on the Billboard list given the Billboard list is only the top 25 and Carrie was #47 on the Pollstar list.
    There you go injecting good old fashioned logic into the discussion. We can argue over whether we agree with their methodology but they are just crunching numbers.

how did eric church beat her?

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by reneeb View Post
    how did eric church beat her?
    From what I've found, Eric Church had two tour legs. The first had 50 dates and the fall leg had 45 dates. So with 95 dates, Eric had a lot of concerts than Carrie.

Update: thanks to the link provided by jason in the article, Eric had 101 concerts while Carrie had 60.
    mbh, Carrieroxmysox2011 and liz278 like this.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Carrie didn't start her tour until September, they are compiling stats for the calendar year. It is actually pretty impressive that she ranks as high as she does.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    This was such a good read - seem like all the headlines talk about is TS TS TS and it just infuriates me - this really made me feel good!!! Thanks for post!

i like the pollstar list better than billboard list Carrie is on and TS isn't. lol

Concert Stars
    Wow that's awesome!!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I was at two of them so far going to one more in March .

Thank you so much, Jason, for such a wonderful article! You work so hard for Our Girl and I so appreciate it! I tweet your articles so they will get as much exposure as I can give them. You've just got to get to a Carrie concert...it's a must! My first time EVER to see Carrie live was 11/21/12 and between the show and the M&G I was so very lucky to get, it was one of the greatest things of my life -- my parents 57 1/2 yr marriage, my two boys, my two grandchildren, some of my most exciting, wonderful jobs rank up there as the greatest -- but I tell you what -- my night with Carrie -- seeing her live & meeting her -- WOW -- JUST WOW! I still go over and over the evening in my mind every day!

Thank you again for all you do for Carrie and for us! <3
    PRGuy79, rainbow1, Pi314CA and 2 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    Watch she'll still get snubbed for EOTY at the ACMs. lol. And definitely the CMAs.

With respect to the go along get along crowd s***w the CMA's voting crowd.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool WTG Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Thank you so much, Jason, for such a wonderful article! You work so hard for Our Girl and I so appreciate it! I tweet your articles so they will get as much exposure as I can give them. You've just got to get to a Carrie concert...it's a must! My first time EVER to see Carrie live was 11/21/12 and between the show and the M&G I was so very lucky to get, it was one of the greatest things of my life -- my parents 57 1/2 yr marriage, my two boys, my two grandchildren, some of my most exciting, wonderful jobs rank up there as the greatest -- but I tell you what -- my night with Carrie -- seeing her live & meeting her -- WOW -- JUST WOW! I still go over and over the evening in my mind every day!

Thank you again for all you do for Carrie and for us! <3
    Thanks for the kind words. You are one of my favorite Carrie fans. xoxox
    Smokyiiis and PRGuy79 like this.

Huge Carrie Follower huggablebri's Avatar
    dont want to sound too much of a party pooper, but wasnt Carrie almost the ONLY country female on tour this year?lol. I mean there arent really that many country females to chose from.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast