• 2 Post By Schrodinger
  • 1 Post By DizzyDollyDee
  • 1 Post By 19mlm19
  • 1 Post By rainbow1

Thread: EW's Best & Worst of 2012

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars

EW's Best & Worst of 2012

I'm not sure if this was posted before. It lists the best and worst in country music. Agree with so much of their analysis. Best and Worst 2012: The year in country music | The Music Mix | EW.com

Concert Stars
    I'm disappointed that they left off Carrie's album BLOWN AWAY as one of the best for the year. Good golly Miss Molly, how does one leave off that album?
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokyiiis View Post
    I'm disappointed that they left off Carrie's album BLOWN AWAY as one of the best for the year. Good golly Miss Molly, how does one leave off that album?
    That and their CMA analysis is in the disagree category. I agree with the worst more than the best. Leaving Carrie out of album and including Cruise - I don;t get that songs popularity is just wrong.
    Smokyiiis and Marie2011 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    They pretty much ignore Carrie as far as I'm concerned. Loved her Crossroads with Tyler and course her gig with Paisley hosting but that has nothing to do with these awesome songs and album she has going. WOW! Disappointed!
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Follower
    Better to not have Blown Away in there at all, than in the worst list. But still pretty dissapointing.
    carriefan13 likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^^agree with that but sucks it's not on there at all!

Concert Stars
    Lack of Carrie is a bummer. How they treated the ladies is just weird. They throw a couple of nice bones at Carrie, ignore Miranda and trash TS, rightly so. Give Kellie her due, show excitement about Kacey, which is also good, throw a bone to Jana and say both that Kelly in country is good & the CMA nomination was the worst. It looks like they are supporting there own point about ladies in country music by ignoring the big three. They do get a lot right, like Billboard Chart fiasco , WANEGBT, Kelly's CMA Nom, Truck Yeah, Where are the ladies?, Kellie, BP's BDT & LBT. I don't like that Eric is on there, but that's not a surprise. Note the absence of Blake, Kenny & Tobie. In fact, except for Dwight Yokum, which IMHO is out of left field, only Eric was in the best category, all other guys mentioned were in the worst category. I'm still at a loss as to why GFL and Drive are so popular. Twang is great but whine...not so much.

Concert Stars
    I still think that Carries material is looked at as "major release" by "major star" and does not get the "artistic nod" by most voters.
    But that keeps me scratching my head at the responces by most with regard to TS.
    HEr music is nothing more than a basic vehichle for her celebrity. So it seems odd to me that people view her material as artistc and ignore others of her ilk, like Beiber/Gomez/Cyrus.
    I am just not sure I get it at all.
    I mean I actually like some of her stuff. I just wish they would stop treating it like it is "special". IT is not!
    It is pop nonsense no different than most.
    But I really think that Carrie tried to get people to see her beyond her basic "country super star" status.
    But they seem to be having a hard time doing that.
    I have a feeling she would have to do something drastic. And I don't think any of us want to see her selling herself as a "throwaway at a Rave the day after" in order to get credibility.

Concert Stars
    To tell the truth, I'm sick of these people... In regards to Carrie!!!!!
    liz278 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    To tell the truth, I'm sick of these people... In regards to Carrie!!!!!
    I've been working really hard at not getting upset or mad about this anymore. Sometimes I don't work hard enough and I explode, like I did at Bill Werde on Twitter. After I teased my wife about her life verse being the same as Carrie's, Jeremiah 29:11. She started using it on me. Wives are like that. Given my bipolar disorder I can get really agitated if I start worrying about things I can't control. Sharlee uses that verse to remind me who is in control. So now I just tell myself I can't control who's being stupid.

•