Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By gaycarebear
  • 1 Post By carebear4eva

Thread: Carrie Underwood named one of Do Something's Top 20 Celebs Gone Good for 2012

Carrie Underwood named one of Do Something's Top 20 Celebs Gone Good for 2012

Carrie Underwood has been named one of Do Something's Top 20 Celebs Gone Good for 2012. After donating two concerts-worth of sales (on her critically acclaimed 55-city Blown Away Tour) to area communities (Des Moines, Atlantic City) and raising over $350,00 for her hometown of Checotah, Okla., the singer lands at No. 17 on the year's cumulative list. The generous donations were made through her organization, Checotah Animal, Town, and School (C.A.T.S) Foundation, towards educational improvements.

Underwood is also a huge supporter of The Humane Society and PETA.

Also making the list were pop-crossover superstar Taylor Swift (No. 1 for donating $4 million to the Country Hall of Fame museum), Lady Gaga, Ryan Seacrest and Demi Lovato, among many others (see full list below).

Carrie Underwood named one of Do Something's Top 20 Celebs Gone Good for 2012 - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

Don't know how accurate the PETA quote is (completely wrong, per Carrie herself on the OFC), but love the inclusion

I don't remember if it fell into 2012, but I'd have mentioned her ridiculous animal rescues...The near-suicidal highway lunge (during which I'm convinced she was high on something), the post on the turtles...She's so good

Concert Stars
    Nice! About time Carrie is recognized for her good deeds!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear4eva View Post
    Don't know how accurate the PETA quote is (completely wrong, per Carrie herself on the OFC), but love the inclusion

I don't remember if it fell into 2012, but I'd have mentioned her ridiculous animal rescues...The near-suicidal highway lunge (during which I'm convinced she was high on something), the post on the turtles...She's so good
    Yeah, it's more like PETA support her, than her supporting PETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Yeah, it's more like PETA support her, than her supporting PETA.
    I support both, so I'm happy. That doesn't stop PETA from being bat-sh*t crazy. But then so is Carrie what with her flirting with death while dashing through speeding cars and all.
    gocountrymusic likes this.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Carrie does support humane society but not PETA because they are evil

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie_Rocks_The_House View Post
    Carrie does support humane society but not PETA because they are evil
    I wouldn't call them evil, over the top or over zealous maybe, but I do agree that they claim Carrie more than she clams them. More importantly, all of the people on this list are great examples of using their good fortune to give back to the world.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I wouldn't call them evil, over the top or over zealous maybe, but I do agree that they claim Carrie more than she clams them. More importantly, all of the people on this list are great examples of using their good fortune to give back to the world.
    PETA goes from fringe to militant. PETA does not believe in no-kill shelters, in fact quite the opposite.PETA's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad History of Killing Animals - James McWilliams - The Atlantic I was disgusted when they picketed the Nature Conservancy in LA. The NC buys up land to create refuges. They, however, are also part of a program to eradicate the wild pigs in Hawaii. Pigs are a non-native species and are destroying rare plant life and generally wrecking havoc on the ecosystem. Snaring of Hawaii's Feral Pigs Angers Animal Activists / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com . Seems PETA decided to side with the pigs over the native flora and fauna of Hawaii. They are also vehemently opposed to how Carrie's parents make a living.

Carrie's vegetarianism came about when she realized where that steak she was eating was coming from, the animals she lovingly cared for. She went full vegan because she was eating so much cheese she it was making her sluggish. She also believes it's part of a very heathly lifestyle which gives the energy to keep her grueling schedule Unlike most PETA member vegans, she is not motivated by extreme animal rights or bioethics, it is personal with her. She has never indicated in anyway she has a problem with Mike eating meat or hunting, which is another big no no with PETA. In fact, PETA's support of her has caused her problems with some of her fans, which is why she makes clear she is not a memeber. Her work with animals is done through the Humane Society and ASPCA. One of the motivators for her creating the animal shelter in Checotah was to not only care for homeless animals, but also to support a spay and neutering program, which she has said was not being done by most folks in her home town. It's an old interview, but see question 15 CMT : News : 20 Questions With Carrie Underwood

Concert Stars
    so awesome!!

•