Like Tree14Likes
  • 8 Post By Naco1776
  • 4 Post By CarrieUnderwoodismyHero
  • 2 Post By jimshoe

Thread: Carrie Underwood sweetly entertains sold-out Gwinnett Arena

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood sweetly entertains sold-out Gwinnett Arena

Carrie Underwood is seven years removed from her triumphant “American Idol” victory but 16 hits later, multiple concert tours and enough awards to fill a mansion, she is still classy enough to credit the show for her presence on the Gwinnett Arena stage last night.

She is so sweet and likable, that she could probably sit on a stool and sing a capella and the crowd would love her. But she had a full-blown band, of course, and a full-blown stage set up, including a mid-concert liftoff on a faux balloon ride with her band to the center of the arena (sans the lonely drummer). There was confetti, dry ice, massive odd-angled high-def screens and Carrie’s incredible voice. Even though she was clearly suffering from a cold, that couldn’t stop her from gunning through 21 songs. The huskiness in her voice at times gave the songs some surprising heft, too.

Carrie Underwood sweetly entertains sold-out Gwinnett Arena | Radio & TV Talk

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Love this
    She is so sweet and likable, that she could probably sit on a stool and sing a capella and the crowd would love her.

Concert Stars
    ^^ my favorite part as well!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Sit on a stool and sing a capella..... I would so love to see a tour like this one day!

Concert Stars
    Now see? this i like.
    Mentions accolades but really takes a minute to act enthusiastically towards her and gives reasons why.
    This makes me happy.
    Anyone who can see qucikly that Carrie is the kind of singer who could easly just sit on a stool and sing, and still be entertaining is someone who appreciates Carrie and what she does.
    (interesting that he felt that the huskiness in her voice added something) this might be a good sign that as she ages and her voice becomes more seasoned that she will still have the ability to be capivating and "entertaining" even without the glory notes.
    I quite agree!!

•