Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Taylor Swift’s Getting Too Big For Her (Non-Cowboy) Boots (Carrie Mention!!)

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Taylor Swift’s Getting Too Big For Her (Non-Cowboy) Boots (Carrie Mention!!)

There is only a small part that mentions Carrie, but I recommend reading the whole thing. This guy is spot-on, but still fails to say anything about how her voice sounds live. What do you guys think??
    Taylor Swift

"At the CMA Awards 2012, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood gently teased and mocked a number of the artists present, including referring to the audience as “10,000 rednecks in this arena”. Nothing they said was terribly offensive and of course everything is in good faith. Brad announced his love of Taylor Swift’s relationship with Conor Kennedy as part of the act, and Carrie corrected him saying they had broken up and that they were “never ever ever getting back together”, Brad cutting in, “like ever?” and Carrie confirming “like ever”. Nobody was exactly shocked and everyone enjoyed the pun on Taylor’s huge hit of a song. However, when later questioned about why the camera didn’t pan to her when they made the joke, Taylor responded, “they don’t pan to you when you’re not laughing.” Seriously?! You write a song like that, promote it endlessly, then can’t take some gentle teasing, an obvious pun?"

Concert Stars
    YES! DRAG TAYLOR LIKE A #$($!!@#$!@#.

Hehe.
    teesharky and cyndi_sink like this.

Concert Stars
    I think it is right on the money! There are those here who have been saying this since Red was on the horizon.
    teesharky, cyndi_sink and rainbow1 like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Boy that article really hit the nail on how phony she has become.I cringe at how worse she can become if the industry keeps fawning over her like they do. Also one day when her music doesn't appeal to the mass teen audience and some new star replaces her what will she do and how will she handle it.

Junior Carrie Follower underwoodfanfrance's Avatar
    I totally agree with the writer. I feel the same way about Taylor! I used to love her music (when it was country) and even if she was not perfect at the beginning of her career, she was an amazing songwriter (one of the best, in my opinion). Now her music and even her attitude bother me. her music is boring to me. Even in concert she doesn't act normally, it's too choreographed and that's not help her to sing in live. I'm sad about the new "fake" Taylor Swift.

Fortunately it would never happen to Carrie 'cause she is close to her family, she is mire mature than Taylor and a way more down to earth than Taylor.

Concert Stars
    Actually, her quote made me laugh. Everyone knows she has a giant ego.
    teesharky and cyndi_sink like this.

LOL love this part! hahaha

"Seriously?! You write a song like that, promote it endlessly, then can’t take some gentle teasing, an obvious pun? You get yourself into a high-profile and arguably publicity-based relationship with a member of a huge political family and you don’t expect any mention when you break up? Just as your album is coming out? "

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    I have also thought that she can diss it but she cannot take any critizism. She thinks that everyone should bow down to her and tell her how amazing she is.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is a really well-written article, and I agree with a lot of the author's points.

I do feel like Taylor has become a bit of a brat, but, at the same time, I don't like to read too much into things like this. I hear rumors about celebrities all the time (even the ones I like), but I don't let it influence how I feel about the music or entertainment they provide me with. Yeah, I'd be disappointed if someone I looked up to had a bit of an ego, but it happens more than most people would like to admit. At the end of the day, people are responsible for their own actions; if Taylor wants to be a brat, let her. She's the one who has to live with that, at the end of the day.

And, although I think everyone is responsible for their own actions, the industry is also to blame for creating these stars who have a sense of entitlement; they think everyone worships them once they've become a household name. Add to that the fact that their handlers and everyone around them also tells them how great and perfect and wonderful they are, and you've got yourself a perfect storm. It's the whole idea that we complain that so many celebrities are obnoxious, but yet we (and the people who put up with being treated like s*** by celebrities because they want to keep their jobs), are a major part of the problem.

Taylor wouldn't act like this if she was allowed to get away with it, but she does because people are too afraid to step on her ego. This is a woman who trashes her exes in her songs, yet she's allowed to act and say what she wants to, because she's a celebrity. The media has created such a fake image for this woman that people always cry foul because "poor innocent Taylor Swift would never act like that!"

We don't know how anybody acts behind closed doors, but it's twisted that celebrities are treated like saints. It's the reason we get into discussions like this, and why Americans have such a reputation for being so shallow and superficial, sadly.

As a culture, we buy into the gossip we're fed, but once we're hit with a dose of reality, it must be fabricated. The media has built Taylor's image as the sweet, innocent girl who can do no wrong, but she's built her entire career around blaming others and tearing down those who've done her wrong. What's wrong with this picture?

Welcome to our country; this world is one hypocritical and superficial place, and Taylor's career and persona is a prime example.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Taylor Swift is a multi millionaire with free will. She can make the decision to not act like a pompous ass. Carrie Underwood, Meryl Streep, Lady A, Helena Bonham Carter, Sandra bullock just to name a few with lovely reputations.... All multi millionaires who don't have reputations for being assholes. Most should be mature enough to realize that they aren't all that.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Taylor Swift is a multi millionaire with free will. She can make the decision to not act like a pompous ass. Carrie Underwood, Meryl Streep, Lady A, Helena Bonham Carter, Sandra bullock just to name a few with lovely reputations.... All multi millionaires who don't have reputations for being assholes. Most should be mature enough to realize that they aren't all that.
    Let's be fair. Taylor has a reputation as being very friendly and well liked. The comment about the CMA joke was pretty inocuous. She never said she was offended, or they shouldn't have said it, or criticized anybody else. She simply stated the fact that she wasn't laughing and that is why the camera didn't pan to her. We don't know the context or the tone of that comment. Why must people try to make more out of it? Criticizing her music is one thing. Attacking her character is another and I think that is completely inappropriate.

Concert Stars
    ^ Taylor even told a recent interview that she had promised her ex that she would not write a song about him if they broke up. She said, "I did anyway" and laughed like it was all a big joke. She is very vindictive to be honest, and it seems she uses her boyfriends for song material and free publicity for the tabloids. She can't stand when she is not the center of attention.

To me, her comment about the CMA joke was very telling, and for once, showed the real Taylor-- not the fake shock face phoney girl she pretends to be. If she were truly as sweet as she pretends to be, she would not be so cruel to exploit her exes publicly, laugh about it, and use them as boy toys for song material....like it is a big game.

She pouts when she loses at award shows, and this comment about Brad/Carrie's joke was another example of her pouting because she was the brunt of a harmless joke. The evil look her BFF Abigail gave to the camera during Gangnam Style said it all. Taylor can dish it out, but she cannot take it. She milked the Kanye thing for over a year, loving every minute of the sympathy, pity votes, and attention she got.

I am sorry, but she has never come off as sweet to me. Smart? yes. Ambitious? yes. Brilliant in marketing herself? absolutely. But sweet? nope.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    Let's be fair. Taylor has a reputation as being very friendly and well liked. The comment about the CMA joke was pretty inocuous. She never said she was offended, or they shouldn't have said it, or criticized anybody else. She simply stated the fact that she wasn't laughing and that is why the camera didn't pan to her. We don't know the context or the tone of that comment. Why must people try to make more out of it? Criticizing her music is one thing. Attacking her character is another and I think that is completely inappropriate.
    She loves the attention when it is all goodness and light, but when someone points out an obvious diva moment, like this, suddenly it is off limits.

I realize you are a Taylor fan so I mean no disrespect to you whatsover, but if you saw the look on her BFF Abigal's face right after the joke, it was pretty obvious how Taylor took the joke: she was pissed. She can trash everyone who dares to criticize her-- like the guy she ranted after in Mean for critizing her Grammy performance, or write scathing songs about her exes.....but heaven forbid anyone dares to criticize HER- and watch out. She will write another song about you, like she did with Mean.

Mean, to me, is a prime telling example of who she is. She wrote it to lambast the guy who criticized her Grammy performance (truthfully- the whole world panned that performance)-- but then bullying became an issue, so suddenly, she turned Mean into an anti-bullying song, when the song itself is mean and bullies the person who critiqued her. She trashed him and said he will be alone, a loser, just because he criticized her. That is pretty harsh. And how, exactly, is the song anti-bullying? She is bullying the bully, or rather, bullying the person who gave honest criticism against her. Poor message for young girls: you are never wrong- it is always the guy. If anyone criticizes you (even if honest and deserved)-- they are the loser who will die alone, and you are never ever wrong. That to me is a spoiled, self-absorbed diva who cannot take criticism, ever.

Back to the CMA joke: same thing. Clearly, everyone knows Brad is a sweetheart and a jokester. So even if Taylor hates Carrie or whatever, surely she must know Brad meant no ill will? He can't hurt a fly. So she should have laughed it off as it was meant as a silly joke. She knew Brad wouldn't hurt her intentionally, even if she won't give Carrie the same benefit of the doubt. Taylor opened for Brad's tour, and they know each other. So her reaction was very diva like, and childish.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ Taylor even told a recent interview that she had promised her ex that she would not write a song about him if they broke up. She said, "I did anyway" and laughed like it was all a big joke. She is very vindictive to be honest, and it seems she uses her boyfriends for song material and free publicity for the tabloids. She can't stand when she is not the center of attention.

To me, her comment about the CMA joke was very telling, and for once, showed the real Taylor-- not the fake shock face phoney girl she pretends to be. If she were truly as sweet as she pretends to be, she would not be so cruel to exploit her exes publicly, laugh about it, and use them as boy toys for song material....like it is a big game.

She pouts when she loses at award shows, and this comment about Brad/Carrie's joke was another example of her pouting because she was the brunt of a harmless joke. The evil look her BFF Abigail gave to the camera during Gangnam Style said it all. Taylor can dish it out, but she cannot take it. She milked the Kanye thing for over a year, loving every minute of the sympathy, pity votes, and attention she got.

I am sorry, but she has never come off as sweet to me. Smart? yes. Ambitious? yes. Brilliant in marketing herself? absolutely. But sweet? nope.
    I watched this video yesterday and I thought of you.

three year old Taylor singing "I just can't wait to be king."
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by nannygirl View Post

Well you'll have to wait for the rest of your life honey.
    teesharky, rainbow1 and Smokyiiis like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by sco View Post
    I very respectfully disagree. When someone states that the "camera doesn't pan to me because I wasn't laughing" it normally wouldn't mean anything other than the fact that she was not a happy camper in the least bit about being the brunt of a harmless joke. The entire article states clearly that she has no problem with making her "exes" the subjects of her songs, but she has a definite problem when the tables are turned (Why ya gotta be so MEAN?).

Concert Stars

Was 11 yr old TS version of the NA better than her 2008 version??
    pklongbeach and bearball49 like this.

Concert Stars

ha ha perfect! And so true! She will not rest until she is King of the World, or Queen or both! lol

Junior Carrie Follower SoulDemiuges's Avatar
    Damn she looked like a psycho kid. And she was always horrible at singing.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    the guy hit it right on the head in that article. It would be different if Taylor didn't build a career around absolutely bashing other people; i would understand if she was upset if people were making fun of her in that case. But she, for 7 years has said (just to name a few) that she drives by her ex-boyfriend's house, that she torments them because "it's fun" and will promise not to write a song about a person, and then does and laughs. Sorry, but I just don't think she's a good person (and I think she's a worse role model) . If she's gonna go around doing this, she can't be such a sore-suck when people make innocent jokes about her

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast