Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree278Likes

Thread: EW article about donating proceeds from Des Moines show (my video is getting famous)

Concert Stars

EW article about donating proceeds from Des Moines show (my video is getting famous)

Carrie Underwood to donate concert proceeds to Des Moines after losing her voice -- VIDEO | The Music Mix | EW.com

Carrie Underwood to donate concert proceeds to Des Moines after losing her voice -- VIDEO

by Grady Smith
    Talk about a classy move.
    Carrie Underwood, who is currently wrapping up the first leg of her 90-date Blown Away arena tour, lost her voice earlier this week following a concert in Chicago, but she decided to go ahead with her show at the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines, Iowa on Friday night.
    Though the country diva (and future Maria von Trapp) powered through her songs for more than 90 minutes, reportedly cutting just a few from her set, she wasn’t satisfied with her performance. And so she decided to make it up to her faithful ticket buyers by pledging to donate any money she made from the concert back to Des Moines.
    “I feel real guilty about making any money on this show tonight,” Underwood croaked with effort. “So whatever I’m making is just going to go right back into this community.” Pretty tough to argue with a gesture like that.
    mbh, liz278, simonplay and 23 others like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by litchfield93 View Post
    Carrie Underwood to donate concert proceeds to Des Moines after losing her voice -- VIDEO | The Music Mix | EW.com

Carrie Underwood to donate concert proceeds to Des Moines after losing her voice -- VIDEO

by Grady Smith
    Talk about a classy move.
    Carrie Underwood, who is currently wrapping up the first leg of her 90-date Blown Away arena tour, lost her voice earlier this week following a concert in Chicago, but she decided to go ahead with her show at the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines, Iowa on Friday night.
    Though the country diva (and future Maria von Trapp) powered through her songs for more than 90 minutes, reportedly cutting just a few from her set, she wasn’t satisfied with her performance. And so she decided to make it up to her faithful ticket buyers by pledging to donate any money she made from the concert back to Des Moines.
    “I feel real guilty about making any money on this show tonight,” Underwood croaked with effort. “So whatever I’m making is just going to go right back into this community.” Pretty tough to argue with a gesture like that.
    CLASSY MOVE, indeed! I am more convinced than ever that - "Carrie Underwood" is WORTHY OF LASTING - that building an enduring great career of Carrie - one that is TRULY "worthy of lasting" - is a NOBLE CAUSE. Carrie can create something MORE OUTSTANDING, can create something BIGGER and MORE LASTING than HERSELF - rooted in a set of timeless CORE VALUES that Carrie exists FOR A PURPOSE, "BEYOND JUST MAKING MONEY".

Concert Stars
    ^^Loved YOUR comment also! Way to put some others in their place!
    liz278, Pi314CA, rainbow1 and 1 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    Not feeling well and she still tried her best...and then some. What a wonderful person!

Concert Stars
    awesome that EW picked up on the story!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Awesome, WTG Heather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rainbow1 and mbh like this.

Concert Stars
    I want to get Perez to pick it up. I tweeted it to him, but I'm a twitter rookie!
    rainbow1, teesharky, mbh and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Random notes: I have NO IDEA why I was even filming at that time. I rarely do video....not sure why I was doing it when she was talking? LOL!

Totally unrelated, but I was in front row center. Let me tell you about that tornado that comes out...it is FREEZING. No joke...literally freezing.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Feel better Carrie she is such a trooper the show must go on she has a few more tour dates and the last one on December 22

Concert Stars
    I want to get Perez to pick it up. I tweeted it to him, but I'm a twitter rookie!
    Maybe Tee or another Turbo Tweeter can get Perez to pick up this story!
    rainbow1, mbh and utlovescarrie like this.

Concert Stars
    she is the most amazing person ever!!

Concert Stars
    If Tee or Ann see this, they can tweet him. Would you like to share your name on twitter? I'm soonercarrie3!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow, awesome, awesome! That's funny you rarely take videos, but thank goodness you did! I love seeing moments like this.

Carrie is such a wonderful person; I love that she does these kinds of things without thinking twice. It's always about everyone else, even at moments when it should be all about her.

People like Carrie remind me that there are still good, caring people in the world; the world could use more like her.

Thanks, Carrie, for setting such an amazing, heartwarming example just by being you.

Concert Stars
    I will tweet it too. He is following Carrie, and Carrie is following him, so that would be nice.
    rainbow1, Gator, mbh and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Forgot to say....so is Carrie freezing every night in the Tornado? If so, it's a wonder she hasn't gotten sick before now!!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    Forgot to say....so is Carrie freezing every night in the Tornado? If so, it's a wonder she hasn't gotten sick before now!!
    That's exactly what I was thinking...I originally just thought it was some kind of fog machine. I don't know enough about this stuff, but it's gotta be dry ice or something. I was first row and they had barriers up so we were just out of arms reach of the stage and that tornado is a bit behind Carrie. From where I was, the temperature must have dropped 20-30 degrees when that dang thing came out. It was this massive rush of FREEZING air.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow1 View Post
    If Tee or Ann see this, they can tweet him. Would you like to share your name on twitter? I'm soonercarrie3!!
    I just created a twitter account which is (shocker)...litchfield93. I have no clue what I'm doing with twitter, lol.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    It's giant tanks of compressed air. When compressed gas is allowed to expand, it absorbs heat. As gas is released from the remaining gas expands, causing the cooling. Same thing happens when you use a can of compressed air to blow out dust. One of the reasons Carrie stage is so high is it has to accommodate the large tanks of compressed air for the tornado effect.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    It's giant tanks of compressed air. When compressed gas is allowed to expand, it absorbs heat. As gas is released from the remaining gas expands, causing the cooling. Same thing happens when you use a can of compressed air to blow out dust. One of the reasons Carrie stage is so high is it has to accommodate the large tanks of compressed air for the tornado effect.

Cool-great info. Any idea about the temperature of that? It really felt cold.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I just created a twitter account which is (shocker)...litchfield93. I have no clue what I'm doing with twitter, lol.
    Thanks for the video. I just followed you jojo_jim

•  
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast