Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By gaycarebear

Thread: Carrie Underwood shares CMT Top Artist Moment on 'Big & Best of 2012'

Carrie Underwood shares CMT Top Artist Moment on 'Big & Best of 2012'

Not sure if this was an old interview or not...b/c I don't remember it. Carrie was featured on the Big and Best of 2012 in the CMT Top Artist Moments segment yesterday. I did a write up of it and a link to the MTV video:

Country superstar Carrie Underwood has relished in an enviable year. From scoring her fourth platinum or multi-platinum album (Blown Away) to achieving her 16th No. 1 single ("Blown Away"), the Oklahoma blue belle is soaring high as the year begins to wind down. On MTV's Big & Best of 2012 event, the 29-year-old kicked off the CMT Top Artist Moments segment with a previous interview filmed in April 2012, weeks before her fourth studio album release.

In the clip, Underwood tells CMT Insider that her latest effort marks a "whole new level" in her musical career. "I just wanted to switch things up, shake it up, do some different things," she confesses about the record's songwriting process. "I feel like we came out with some much better songs. It's just stepped up." By taking her time in various studio sessions, Underwood has been able to craft a more cohesive collection of songs, yet still experiment with different sounds and influences.

Much like her reggae-themed summer-smash-waiting-to-happen song "One Way Ticket," Underwood's philosophy is to live life to the fullest. The song's infectious hook, reminiscent of Little Big Town's "Pontoon," reaches a splendid crescendo in the bridge ("Itís a carnival cotton candy treat / Unwrap it like a lollipop, lick it"), which speaks to the sun-filled days of life. On deciding upon the lyrics' clever rhyme, Underwood beamed:

"We had so much fun with that. We're like 'one way ticket, oh my gosh what rhymes with ticket? Flick it, stick it, kick it, lick it?' It's not supposed to be naughty. It's like, you know, life is wonderful."

Carrie Underwood shares CMT Top Artist Moment on 'Big & Best of 2012' - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

Concert Stars
    Nice! Love that interview!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    ... oh my gosh what rhymes with ticket? Flick it, stick it, kick it, lick it?' It's not supposed to be naughty

Oh, Carrie. I love you.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Much like her reggae-themed summer-smash-waiting-to-happen song "One Way Ticket," Underwood's philosophy is to live life to the fullest. The song's infectious hook, reminiscent of Little Big Town's "Pontoon," reaches a splendid crescendo in the bridge ("Itís a carnival cotton candy treat / Unwrap it like a lollipop, lick it"), which speaks to the sun-filled days of life. On deciding upon the lyrics' clever rhyme, Underwood beamed:

"We had so much fun with that. We're like 'one way ticket, oh my gosh what rhymes with ticket? Flick it, stick it, kick it, lick it?' It's not supposed to be naughty. It's like, you know, life is wonderful."

Carrie Underwood shares CMT Top Artist Moment on 'Big & Best of 2012' - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com
    Yeah, those were my exact thoughts when I heard it. Seriously. I don't know why people thought of it another way. Life can be like a lollipop sometimes, you know. If it's sweet and yummy, you lick it aka savoring in the moment of happiness in life.

Concert Stars
    ^^ haha love that one way ticket talk..she is so cute!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks For The Link!!! Awesome Carrie Interview!!!

•