Like Tree34Likes
  • 10 Post By cary78663
  • 7 Post By HuiZ
  • 7 Post By allamericangirl8
  • 6 Post By Schrodinger
  • 4 Post By Carrieflattsfan

Thread: OFFSTAGE: Is Underwood "Country Carrie" or "Pop Carrie"?

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

OFFSTAGE: Is Underwood "Country Carrie" or "Pop Carrie"?

OFFSTAGE: Is Underwood "Country Carrie" or "Pop Carrie"?
    December 13, 2012; Written by Alison Bonaguro

Carrie Underwood doesn't want to have to choose, so she doesn't. When the Chicago Tribune asked her about the state of country music (and what's with all those pop remixes, anyway), Underwood said, "I've never been one for doing remixes. Then I've gotta decide which version am I gonna be tonight: country Carrie or pop Carrie? I'd rather just make country music that anybody can get into no matter what they listen to." That sure makes it easy to know what you're getting when you're listening to her. "I'm not gonna try to make it something that it's not. I'm not gonna think, 'I need to "countrify" this by adding more fiddles and steel guitar.' We do creatively what the song wants," she said. She also talks about how she can share radio space with artists like Lady Antebellum, Rascal Flatts and Keith Urban and yet fans won't ever get the sense that they're listening to the same song. So Underwood is different enough to not be the same -- and country enough to not be pop.
    Source: CMT : News : OFFSTAGE: Is Underwood "Country Carrie" or "Pop Carrie"?

She can share radio space with anyone, really. Her voice just stands out, regardless of what she sings. Maybe that's just the fan in me talking.

And of course, on top of that, her songs stand out too.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by HuiZ View Post
    She can share radio space with anyone, really. Her voice just stands out, regardless of what she sings. Maybe that's just the fan in me talking.

And of course, on top of that, her songs stand out too.
    When I see other country artists on the country charts, or when radio is playing a non-Carrie song, I feel like everyone is just humoring them, but the only person people really care about is Carrie. And yes, that is undoubtedly the fan in me talking lol.
    HuiZ, liveasong, teesharky and 4 others like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    When I see other country artists on the country charts, or when radio is playing a non-Carrie song, I feel like everyone is just humoring them, but the only person people really care about is Carrie. And yes, that is undoubtedly the fan in me talking lol.
    I think I told you that you need to make your feelings clear, not bottle them up.

I want Carrie to do a bit of country rock. she could blow Jason's socks off! She would so rocker chick anyone else n rock country.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I totally agree with Carrie, and I'm glad she doesn't limit herself to one specific style. I love hearing the different artists she was influenced by, and how it plays into her own image. She has a voice that can adapt to all kinds of styles, and she sounds right at home. Her love of country and rock stands out above the rest of her covers, and I love that she isn't afraid to showcase that, or even blend the two.

Too many people get caught up in the "country or not country" debate, and I'm glad Carrie just makes music she wants and doesn't worry about that. Good music is good music, regardless of what genre it fits under.

I feel like Carrie embraces all kinds of music, and she sees it an gift to be able to share that with her fans. I always get the impression that she truly loves anything she sings, and it really comes through on country and rock classics. She's not doing to throw another hit into the setlist, because simply because she has a genuine love and appreciation for the music she grew up on.

I would love to see Carrie tackle a cover album someday.

Concert Stars
    to me she is a bit of both and I love that about her!!

•