Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 2 Post By teesharky
  • 3 Post By Mezik

Thread: American Country Awards: Carrie Underwood wins female artist of the year

Concert Stars

American Country Awards: Carrie Underwood wins female artist of the year

American Country Awards: Carrie Underwood wins female artist of the year | Fox News

Luke Bryan didn't want the American Country Awards to end.
    He cleaned up during the fan-voted show, earning nine awards, including artist and album of the year. His smash hit "I Don't Want This Night To End" was named single and music video of the year.
    Carrie Underwood won female artist of the year, and a tearful Lauren Alaina won new artist of the year.
    Miranda Lambert took home the second most guitar trophies with three. Jason Aldean was named touring artist of the year.
    Bryan, Aldean, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum and Trace Adkins with Lynyrd Skynrd were among the high-energy performances.
    The third annual ACAs were held at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas Monday night.

More pictures at the link

Read more: American Country Awards: Carrie Underwood wins female artist of the year | Fox News
    teesharky, rainbow1 and opry051008 like this.

Concert Stars
    Awesome! Feels good for carrie to win again.
    Smokyiiis and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Luke Bryan won far too much.

Concert Stars
    Luke won way too much, I like him but I thought Male Artist at most - Album and Single of the year? No offense but I Don't Want This Night to End really isn't that good of a song and is about as basic as it gets. Album, well it was just a joke.. but you can tell here that the ACAs don't change the fan votes to earn more ratings which is quite apparent by the one artist dominating each year.

I was thrilled to see Carrie win, especially Remind Me - To be honest Remind Me was snubbed far too much when it's a lyrical masterpiece and really changes the traditional duet structure. The fact the Grammys and CMAs ignored it appals me. Female Artist, I teared seeing her so happy. Carrie works harder then any other artist in the industry right now and always gets down graded and ignored for her accomplishments.. to see her win this, a fan voted award, really shows that everyone here loves Carrie and that everything she does is more than noticed. This year has been great for Carrie, I'm glad to see her get all the recognition she deserves. Next stop: PCAs, Grammys and ACMs! Which have all been more than good to her, and I don't expect them to stop.
    Smokyiiis, liz278 and Mirasa45A like this.

Concert Stars
    so exciting! So proud of our girl!

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    I thought Miranda won 2 awards? This article says she won 3. So how many did she win?

Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    I thought Miranda won 2 awards? This article says she won 3. So how many did she win?
    She won 3 -- the other one was for most played track on radio for female (that may not be exact name they called it, but that is what it is).

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    She won 3 -- the other one was for most played track on radio for female (that may not be exact name they called it, but that is what it is).

Oh. Ok..thanks Ann.

•