Like Tree19Likes
  • 12 Post By teesharky
  • 1 Post By maddkat
  • 1 Post By thunder92
  • 1 Post By CrazyDreams1818
  • 1 Post By JB172
  • 1 Post By DizzyDollyDee
  • 2 Post By Manchs

Thread: Ottawa Citizen: Underwood's Lavish Production & Fun Energy Keeps Ottawa on Its Feet!

Concert Stars

Ottawa Citizen: Underwood's Lavish Production & Fun Energy Keeps Ottawa on Its Feet!

Carrie Underwood
    with Hunter Hayes and Kira Isabella
    Scotiabank Place

Reviewed Saturday, Dec. 8 OTTAWA — The force of nature that is Carrie Underwood tore through Scotiabank Place on Saturday night and worked tirelessly to fulfill the promise of her Blown Away world tour. Were we blown away? You bet.

Everything about this woman’s artistic vision is bigger, louder and grander than required, her determination to entertain reflected in the lavish production of her show. A vast stage with moveable parts, a flying corral, confetti cannon, beach balls, countless laser lights and a Wizard of Oz theme kept the place hopping for a couple of hours. Loving every minute of it was a boisterous crowd of 14,000 fans, predominantly young, female and wearing plaid shirts.

The tiny blonde dynamo charged out of the starting gate, careening through Good Girl like it was a timed event, her voice a little pitchy as a result. In a bodice-enhancing dress with a frilly skirt, cut to reveal lots of leg, the adrenalin propelled her through Undo It and Wasted before she settled down to greet the audience. The first order of business was to give props to openers Hunter Hayes and Ottawa’s Kira Isabella for their terrific opening sets. “We have a nice long show for you guys,” said the 29-year-old Oklahoma native, “and it is the weekend so let’s have fun.”
    The crowd didn’t have to be told twice. With hits like Last Name, All American Girl, Jesus Take The Wheel, Cowboy Casanova and Cupid’s Got a Shotgun lobbed out by the singer and her wicked band, the pace was brisk enough to keep everyone on their feet. Underwood did slow things down for a moment or two, primarily to thank her lucky stars that she followed through on a whim eight years ago and auditioned for a reality TV series called American Idol. It changed her life, as we all know, and she said she’s determined to keep the goodwill going. A dollar from every ticket sold on the Canadian leg of the tour goes the Canadian Red Cross.

-----------continues at site----------------

Concert Review: Underwood

great review!! More at site----------------

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    OK review, not great. there were some snarky comments.

someone write the reviewer and tell them Mike was there not cooling his heels in Nash
    teesharky likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    True. I guess compared to the Ottawa Sun, this was good. lol

I guess it surprises me that Ottawa is so harsh on Carrie in reviews when she is married to Mike. but oh well.

Concert Stars
    ^because she is married to Mike is probably why they are so harsh lol
    robinannhunt likes this.

Concert Stars
    yeah ok review...hate the mean comments!

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Ottawa isn't the only place to give 'harsh' reviews... she's gotten them before.
    It really bugs me that people are saying she should've gotten better reviews or got bad reviews because she's married to Mike. That's ridiculous. It comes down to different strokes for different folks. NOT her marriage.
    JB172 likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDreams1818 View Post
    Ottawa isn't the only place to give 'harsh' reviews... she's gotten them before.
    It really bugs me that people are saying she should've gotten better reviews or got bad reviews because she's married to Mike. That's ridiculous. It comes down to different strokes for different folks. NOT her marriage.

Exactly, I find it very, very unlikely that either of the Ottawa reviews had anything at all to do with Carrie & Mike getting married as you said all these reviewers no matter what city/country that they are in are going to give their own opinion and it's nothing more than that.

Carrie isn't doing any show to make the people at the Ottawa Sun or Ottawa Citizen, The Oklahoman, The Tennessean or whatever the name of the paper in whatever city she happens to be performing in happy.
    CrazyDreams1818 likes this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Sounds like it was a huge crowd and she made them happy!!!!
    CrazyDreams1818 likes this.

I thought this was a pretty good review. I bet most of people that went to the show really liked it, and that's what really matters.
    AdamJ and DizzyDollyDee like this.

•