• 9 Post By Caio
  • 2 Post By thunder92
  • 5 Post By Caio
  • 3 Post By teesharky
  • 5 Post By carebear4eva
  • 3 Post By Carrieflattsfan
  • 1 Post By epicamends
  • 2 Post By cindy27

Thread: Billboard's predictions for Grammy 2013: Song of The Year and Album of the Year???

Billboard's predictions for Grammy 2013: Song of The Year and Album of the Year???

I don't know if this article already was posted, to me looks wonderful!!!

Album of the Year
    After Adele's "21" easily topped efforts by Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, Foo Fighters and Rihanna at last year's ceremony, this year's AOTY category will likely be a more even playing field. Three late 2011 releases are good bets: Drake's critically and commercially adored sophomore album "Take Care," Coldplay's epic fifth effort "Mylo Xyloto," and the Black Keys' mainstream coronation "El Camino" were all released too late to compete last year but could snag 2013 nods. Meanwhile, Grammy favorites like Bruce Springsteen ("Wrecking Ball"), Paul McCartney ("Kisses on the Bottom"), Lionel Richie ("Tuskegee") and Bob Dylan ("Tempest") all released solid albums before this year's deadline; out of those legends, Richie might have the best shot for Grammy gold with this country comeback effort. Kelly Clarkson ("Stronger"), P!nk ("The Truth About Love") and Rihanna (for "Talk That Talk," not "Unapologetic") could comprise the pop constituency, and Carrie Underwood has a great chance to carry the country torch with "Blown Away." But for our money, the safest Album of the Year bet is Mumford & Sons, who scored the second-biggest debut of the year when "Babel" sold 600,000 copies in its first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Two years after snagging a Best New Artist nomination and one year after "The Cave" was up for Record of the Year and Song of the Year, look for the Mumfords to receive more Grammy love tonight. Our deep, dark hope? Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange" slips in with a surprising nod.
    Song of the Year
    The songwriter's award (which went to Adele and Paul Epworth last year for "Rolling in the Deep") always includes some overlap with Record of the Year, with four out of five of last year's nominees for Record of the Year spilling over into this category. Look for Gotye to score another nod here for "Somebody That I Used To Know," and perhaps an outlier like Fiona Apple ("Every Single Night"), Bruce Springsteen ("We Take Care of Our Own"), Chris Thompson and Josh Kear (Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away") and Mumford & Sons ("I Will Wait") to make it to the big dance.
    Grammy Predictions 2012: Who Will Land The Major Nominations? - Billboard.com

Concert Stars
    WOw (spits water all over)

billboard? is this true?

Concert Stars
    Tee may just go into shock once she sees this.

Obviously it still isnt the nominations, but still lol

Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    WOw (spits water all over)

billboard? is this true?
    LOOOOOOOL Ok, Bill Werde is really not cool to Care Bears, but I think that Billboard, as a whole, is not too bad to Carrie. Blown Away got 91/100 in Billboard review.

Concert Stars
    Lol i just read that on twitter and was shocked and happy to see some love there finally. Lol. Even if they are wrong- it felt good to see someone at least mention carrie as in the running!!

seriously- it is the lack of even mentioning her name that pisses me off in the yahoo articles except as an also ran alternate. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    Lol i just read that on twitter and was shocked and happy to see some love there finally. Lol. Even if they are wrong- it felt good to see someone at least mention carrie as in the running!!

seriously- it is the lack of even mentioning her name that pisses me off in the yahoo articles except as an also ran alternate. Ugh!
    Tee, the Grammys themselves put Carrie's name in their poll, remember? That says something

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow!

These are huge predictions from a huge magazine; whether it happens or not, it's a big compliment toward Carrie, and "Blown Away" (the song and album).

It's nice to know Carrie has big supporters in her corner, I love this.

I hate create some hope about hard things...

I refuse to get my hopes up. Refuse! lol. But it is nice to see some mentioning BA as a major contender for some all-genre awards.
    teesharky likes this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I refuse to get my hopes up. Refuse! lol. But it is nice to see some mentioning BA as a major contender for some all-genre awards.
    im going to love watching Taylor swift mention carries name a few times tonight and the nominees are Carrie Underwood Carrie Underwood lmao
    gaycarebear and liz278 like this.

Concert Stars
    wow...

•