Like Tree17Likes
  • 11 Post By Pi314CA
  • 1 Post By bigbluegrl23
  • 4 Post By thaifood
  • 1 Post By carrieguy2

Thread: Carrie Underwood chats about ‘Sound of Music’ at ‘CMT Artists of the Year’ taping

Ultimate Carrie Fan

Carrie Underwood chats about ‘Sound of Music’ at ‘CMT Artists of the Year’ taping

Carrie Underwood chats about ‘Sound of Music’ at ‘CMT Artists of the Year’ taping

Posted on December 3, 2012 by Staff

OK, we can’t tell you much about Monday night’s taping of the “CMT Artists of the Year” special — sworn to secrecy and all that.

But we can tell you that’s where The Tennessean caught up with Carrie Underwood, who’s very excited about being Maria von Trapp in a live NBC production of “The Sound of Music” next year.

Carrie wants you to know it will NOT be a remake.

“The movie doesn’t have to be redone,” she insists. “It’s perfect.”

Instead, NBC will put on a live musical — and it’ll be three hours long. But that doesn’t scare Carrie.

“Of course, there are commercials, praise the Lord. And Maria’s not in every number. It’s not just me.”

No air date has been set for “The Sound of Music” yet.

As for the CMT special, it airs at 9 p.m. Saturday on the network. Tune in to find out who this year's honorees are. Rascal Flatts and “Nashville” star Hayden Panettiere co-host.

— Brad Schmitt, for The Tennessean

Link: Carrie Underwood chats about ‘Sound of Music’ at ‘CMT Artists of the Year’ taping | Tune In Music City | The Tennessean

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post

OK, we can’t tell you much about Monday night’s taping of the “CMT Artists of the Year” special — sworn to secrecy and all that.

But we can tell you that’s where The Tennessean caught up with Carrie Underwood, who’s very excited about being Maria von Trapp in a live NBC production of “The Sound of Music” next year.

Carrie wants you to know it will NOT be a remake.

“The movie doesn’t have to be redone,” she insists. “It’s perfect.”

Instead, NBC will put on a live musical — and it’ll be three hours long. But that doesn’t scare Carrie.

“Of course, there are commercials, praise the Lord. And Maria’s not in every number. It’s not just me.”

No air date has been set for “The Sound of Music” yet.

As for the CMT special, it airs at 9 p.m. Saturday on the network. Tune in to find out who this year's honorees are. Rascal Flatts and “Nashville” star Hayden Panettiere co-host.

— Brad Schmitt, for The Tennessean

Link: Carrie Underwood chats about ‘Sound of Music’ at ‘CMT Artists of the Year’ taping | Tune In Music City | The Tennessean
    but she's in most haha. honestly tho, her shows are so grueling, and not just vocally, that I really do think she'll be more prepared than most.
    Becca
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    but she's in most haha. honestly tho, her shows are so grueling, and not just vocally, that I really do think she'll be more prepared than most.
    Becca
    Actually, not really. From what I remember of the stage production I did, she's not in as much as the movie.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Actually, not really. From what I remember of the stage production I did, she's not in as much as the movie.

Yes, it's true BUT, this will be aired by NBC --NBC needs TV ratings, consequently, Carrie's role might be dominant in this production.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Becca
    I think the music from SOM is somewhat less taxing on the voice than Carries own songs are.

Concert Stars
    so so exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirasa45A View Post
    Yes, it's true BUT, this will be aired by NBC --NBC needs TV ratings, consequently, Carrie's role might be dominant in this production.
    Since it's based on the Broadway musical, no.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is so exciting

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post

a great pic of Carrie and Mike!
    carriefan13 likes this.

Concert Stars
    For those who haven't seen Sound of Music it will be shown on TV December 23 on ABC

•