Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By gaycarebear

Thread: 2013 Grammy nomination predictions: Best Country Album

2013 Grammy nomination predictions: Best Country Album

My picks:

Over the past year, Country music has continued its march to mainstream dominance. With blockbuster releases from Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert, the genre has masterfully set the bar high, and these leading ladies will most assuredly score major industry nods at the upcoming Grammy Nominations Concert. Kicking off live from Nashville's Bridgestone Arena, the three-hour event will unveil the long list of nominees for the 55th Annual Grammy Awards, which are set for February 10, 2013. The concert goes live this Wednesday, December 5 on CBS and will be co-hosted by Taylor Swift and LL Cool J.

Underwood's latest award-winning platinum album, Blown Away, is a surefire contender to earn a slot in "Best Country Album." Since its May 1st release, the genre-pushing record, produced by long-time collaborator Mark Bright, has spurred two No. 1 Country singles ("Good Girl," "Blown Away") and catapulted a critically well-received 55-city Blown Away Tour. As expected, the American Idol alum pushed her music and career in a new creatively-charged direction, as evidenced by Underwood's current single, "Two Black Cadillacs," which nudges the singer down a sinister and deliciously dark avenue. As the track recently became a Top 30 hit at radio, she continues to turn great material into platinum-selling hits. It would be a complete travesty if the voters did not feel the same way. (See also: "Wine After Whiskey.")

2013 Grammy nomination predictions: Best Country Album - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thanks so much for posting. I love the write up for Carrie's Blown Away CD.
    Fingers crossed for a Grammy.

Concert Stars
    totally have my fingers and toes lol crossed!!!

Concert Stars
    Great article! I really hope you are right! I will truly be a travesty if it is snubbed!

•