Like Tree16Likes
  • 6 Post By gaycarebear
  • 6 Post By Farawayhills
  • 4 Post By Farawayhills

Thread: Carrie Underwood to headline London's 'C2C: Country to Country' festival in 2013

Carrie Underwood to headline London's 'C2C: Country to Country' festival in 2013

Thought I'd share my article...

Country superstar Carrie Underwood has been tapped for a hefty two-day music festival extravaganza at The O2 in London in March 2013. Titled the C2C: Country to Country, some of Country music's biggest names will be joining forces to headline at the world's most popular stage. In addition to Underwood, other performers on the lineup include Tim McGraw, Darius Rucker, Vince Gill, Little Big Town, Brantley Gilbert, Kristian Bush and LeAnn Rimes, among many more.

Kicking off on March 16 and 17, Nashville's best will perform to a likely sold-out crowd the entire weekend. In a press release, Underwood admitted to her excitement for the event, saying:

"I love the idea of a country music festival in London and I'm so excited that so many amazing artists are coming together for Country to Country. I feel honored to help represent country music, and I know it's going to be a really fun weekend!"

Carrie Underwood to headline London's 'C2C: Country to Country' festival in 2013 - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    OMG!!! Carrie is working on so so many things. These are surely exciting times for us Carrie Fans.
    Thanks for posting this wonderful news.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    This is huge. The relatively new 02 is one of the most prestigious venues in the world.

When Carrie was in London, she said she wanted to bring a Country Music festival back (there hasn't been one since the ending of the Wembley Festivals, which mixed Roots and Mainstream acts, and used to get BBC TV coverage). Few would have expected it to happen so soon and on this scale - but her visit was undoubtedly the enabling catalyst for this.

(With this and the Sound of Music next year, any industry worth its salt would surely have Entertainer of the Year firmly in their sights)

Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    This is huge. The relatively new 02 is one of the most prestigious venues in the world.

When Carrie was in London, she said she wanted to bring a Country Music festival back (there hasn't been one since the ending of the Wembley Festivals, which mixed Roots and Mainstream acts, and used to get BBC TV coverage). Few would have expected it to happen so soon and on this scale - but her visit was undoubtedly the enabling catalyst for this.

(With this and the Sound of Music next year, any industry worth its salt would surely have Entertainer of the Year firmly in their sights)
    Hehe. She better freaking get a nom AND win it next year...

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post

Will you go?!!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    If I can!
    I'd like to see both days, actiually (the others on Carrie's day don't particularly appeal to me, but Vince Gill, Little Big Town & Kristian Bush on the first day should be good.)

Others are apparently still to be announced.
    For Carrie to headline this, after only one previous visit speaks volumes.

Mainstream chart stars have often been wary of coming. Carrie's reception exceeded expectations - and I'm convinced that was important in allowing this to happen. Fuller can get the O2 - but only Carrie's reception could probably convince a lineup like this to see the potential.
    Gator, teesharky, liz278 and 1 others like this.

Concert Stars
    awesome article!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Sugarlandgirl4life's Avatar
    I got an email about this from the Sugarland fan club because of Kristian's name being on the bill - boy do I wish I lived in London! Carrie, Kristian, and LBT is my idea of a great show

Can somebody explain me how this music fests looks like. How long do usually headliners perform?

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That is so cool Carrie is having a concert in the UK again next year. Kristian Bush is he singing solo now or is Sugarland still a group?

•