Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood to perform at Music Festival in London UK

Carrie Underwood to perform at Music Festival in London UK

The O2 - C2C: Country To Country

This is awesome for the UK Carebears!!!!!!

mbh, teesharky, opry051008 and 8 others like this.

Concert Stars
    LeAnn Rimes? I had no clue she still toured overseas. Great event for Carrie though and those UK people ought to be thrilled!

Carrie to headline UK Country Music Festival

Carrie will be headling a Country music festival in London this March!

The festival is called 'C2C: Country to Country' & will be playing at the O2 on March 16th & 17th.

Here's the press release;
    Country superstars are joining forces for the first time in London to create C2C: Country to Country. Some of the biggest names in the business are heading across the Atlantic for a huge two-day music festival extravaganza at The O2 London in March 2013.

On Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th March 2013, C2C: Country to Country will see a line up of some of the leading country music artists in the world on stage together, including Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, Darius Rucker, Vince Gill, Little Big Town, Brantley Gilbert, Kristian Bush, LeAnn Rimes and others to be announced shortly.

The sound of Nashville at the world’s most popular venue marks a major milestone in the UK’s love of country, where major US artists sell out arenas around the country.

The likes of LeAnn Rimes and Carrie Underwood have had a massive effect on both the UK and US charts by appealing to modern day listeners while echoing the traditional sounds of the greatest country singers. Carrie Underwood’s sell out London performance last summer was the latest milestone and illustrated the UK’s huge appetite for the new sounds of country.

Speaking about the forthcoming event, Tim McGraw said: "Our trip to the UK and playing The O2 is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most for next year". "I love being able to take my music to other countries, and I think there are a lot of new songs on TWO LANES OF FREEDOM that fans over there will really dig. It's going to be a blast!"

Headlining on Sunday 17th will be Carrie Underwood, with 15 million album sales worldwide and five Grammy Awards. Carrie has transcended expectations and the country music genre like no other, and her musical vital statistics are astonishing.

Carrie, who sold out London’s Royal Albert Hall in record time this summer, said, "I love the idea of a country music festival in London and I'm so excited that so many amazing artists are coming together for Country to Country. I feel honored to help represent country music, and I know it's going to be a really fun weekend!"

Taking place at The O2, the world’s leading music venue, C2C: Country to Country will be a festival platform to bring country music headliners together in one place, for one weekend. Much more than just a music festival it will be a celebration of country style and culture and will see The O2 transformed into a mini Nashville.
    With more artists and stages to be announced for 60,000 music fans across the weekend C2C: Country to Country is not to be missed:

Saturday 16th March
    Tim McGraw
    Vince Gill
    Little Big Town
    Kristian Bush

Sunday 17th March
    Carrie Underwood
    Darius Rucker
    LeAnn Rimes
    Brantley Gilbert

Insane Carrie Fan Kenny_Chisholm's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I wanna go! But is unable to find anyone who is willing to accompany me! Boo!
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Guess I would have swapped out anyone from Saturday night with LeAnn but I guess it is what it is!!!!
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Concert Stars
    Kristian Bush without Jennifer Nettles?

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by thaifood View Post
    Kristian Bush without Jennifer Nettles?
    Yeah I was confused by that too...lol
    robinannhunt likes this.

Carrie and LeAnn Rimes on the same night? I'd hyperventilate and die!
    teesharky likes this.

Ace
    Concert Stars
    This is soo soo awesome.

With all the things (projects) we known so far for 2013.....I think next year will be a HUGE year for Carrie. A year that everyone in the world will get to know her....and what an amazing artist she is. She is full of surprises...and I wonder what other projects she has in the pipeline for next year.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Things are going to be reaallly busy for Carrie in 2013 and I couldn't be more thrilled! Mike can live vicariously through her for a while hahaha

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Jennifer's about to a have a baby. But I'm surprised Kristen is going with out her.
    Becca

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Jennifer's about to a have a baby. But I'm surprised Kristen is going with out her.
    Becca
    When March rolls around, Jennifer should have delivered that baby & be well along the way to back to normal. I find it very strange that with all the great country artists that have had lots of hits, that Kristian would go as a solo. Please don't let him tackle that God awful Stay. The entire world will become anti - country.
    maddkat and pgk like this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Sounds like Jennifer is going to take a bit of time off to be a mom with that being said it is little odd that Kristian is going to perform alone unless a possible split is going to happen.

Huge Carrie Follower
    I'm hoping for more international dates..
    yehchern likes this.

Concert Stars
    wow awesome...so cool that Carrie is doing that!

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    I'm thrilled for her fans in the UK!!! LeAnn is probably just looking for a way to "get out there" and believe she use to perform over there, more in a rock or pop way. She is struggling to be accepted again. Don't think she had a clue all this personal turmoil would have such an adverse reaction to her career.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Leann Rimes "opening" for Carrie ?

Of course. It had to happen one day! HAHA. BAMMM.

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Wow, Carrie is going to be one busy girl. I do not think anyone can fault Sony or her management at this point. She is being seen in all the important places and it is not cheap advertsising......it is entertainment. So excited for her. She is going to prove once and for all it is not all about shoving albums at tweens, it is about real talent having an incredible voice that spans multiple genres and the confidence to tackle projects that are risky. Kudos and best of luck.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bearball49 View Post
    Wow, Carrie is going to be one busy girl. I do not think anyone can fault Sony or her management at this point. She is being seen in all the important places and it is not cheap advertsising......it is entertainment. So excited for her. She is going to prove once and for all it is not all about shoving albums at tweens, it is about real talent having an incredible voice that spans multiple genres and the confidence to tackle projects that are risky. Kudos and best of luck.
    Another item to add to her resume for 2013 CMA EOTY. Sony management is making 2013 the year of Carrie Underwood in Country Music.

Concert Stars
    Just came on to see this!! WoW!!! The fantastic news just keeps coming!!! Headlining in London! Could it be any better?!!!!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast