• 1 Post By CarrieUnderwoodismyHero
  • 5 Post By boilermaker

Thread: Carrie Underwood talks about fame, being a hockey wife, and giving back

Huge Carrie Follower CrazyDreams1818's Avatar
    Concert Stars

Carrie Underwood talks about fame, being a hockey wife, and giving back

Article from the Ottawa Citizen
    Enjoy!

Carrie Underwood is a conservative gal who just wants everybody to love one another.

She is vegan, abhors cruelty to animals, is OK with same-sex marriage and she loves her husband, Nashville Predators — and former Senator — centre Mike Fisher.

Oh yes, she is also a country music superstar who is riding the crest of her fourth smash album, which garnered her a best country album prize at the recent American Music Awards.

When we talked she was in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the 34th stop on a lengthy tour that will bring her to Scotiabank Place Dec. 8. In her room with her were her two dogs, one a Rat terrier and the other a mixed breed. They were cheerfully barking in the background. They were both rescued from an animal shelter that her mother runs in her hometown of Checotah, Oklahoma.

Underwood has had a meteoric rise to superstardom. About eight years ago, she was taking a degree in mass communications when a bit of a lark presented itself in the form of auditions for American Idol. She had had a brush with a musical career as a teenager when she was in line for an audition with a record label but that did not quite pan out.

This time, though, the stars truly aligned. Not only did she make the grade and appear on the program, she won it. But unlike most of the Idol winners, Underwood has gone on to a very successful career.

Read more: Carrie Underwood talks about fame, being a hockey wife, and giving back

Concert Stars
    Very good article! Thanks for posting.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Superstar Carrie Underwood, who is riding the tide of her fourth smash album, says ‘successful people have a social responsibility to make the world a better place and not just take from it.
    What a great mentality...couldn't be prouder to be a fan of such an amazing woman.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^^ agreed!

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This is a quote I think many on CF should think about when they are too focused on awards and number 1's.

I love making music and all that but at the end of the day I don’t think that’s what people are going to remember about a person. Awards are great and No. 1s are fantastic ... the more personal stuff matters more. Mike is really great about that. He’s always got some ministry that reaches out. We are both on the same page and we both just want to help out.”

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    That was a very well done interview. They had the raw audio footage in their site but I think they've taken I down now. I thought her publicist was going to cut him off when he asked about the gay marriage comment but Carrie answered it skillfully. I had to laugh a little at the comment about still having the house. There was another interview where she was jokingly begging somebody from Ottawa to buy the house.

Obsessed Carrie Fan boilermaker's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    They may have that house for a long time. lol You aren't going to see them start building on their new land until he is retired. Unless the lockout ends this week I imagine that Mike will go up to Canada for the Toronto and Ottawa shows since his family will be there.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDreams1818 View Post
    When we talked she was in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the 34th stop on a lengthy tour that will bring her to Scotiabank Place Dec. 8. In her room with her were her two dogs, one a Rat terrier and the other a mixed breed. They were cheerfully barking in the background. They were both rescued from an animal shelter that her mother runs in her hometown of Checotah, Oklahoma.

Wasn't Ace given to Carrie by Ashley Clarke?

•