• 3 Post By opry051008
  • 1 Post By Mezik
  • 1 Post By epicamends
  • 4 Post By cary78663
  • 2 Post By cyndi_sink
  • 2 Post By bigbluegrl23
  • 3 Post By opry051008
  • 1 Post By pgk

Thread: VH1: Five Reasons We're Pretty Sure Carrie Underwood Will Crush It in Sound Of Music

Concert Stars

VH1: Five Reasons We're Pretty Sure Carrie Underwood Will Crush It in Sound Of Music

NBC announced today that Carrie Underwood will play Maria in their live televised version of The Sound of Music, and so far the Internet’s response has been….mixed. To put it politely. But while some people might find Carrie too pop/country/tan/not Julie Andrews to step into Julie Andrews’ shoes, we know in our lederhosen -wearing hearts that Carrie can do this justice. Plus, seeing as how Anne Hathaway probably won’t be clearing her schedule and dyeing her hair blond any time soon (You went there too, right?), what other option to you have but to open your minds and hearts to our argument? Think about it…

1. Carrie’s got dem pipes! Even if you don’t particularly like Underwood’s style of music, there is no arguing she can’t pull off “My Favorite Things.” You do not hit the Billboard Hot 100 if you can’t swing “Do-Re-Mi.” If you even tried to make one, your argument would be invalid.
    2. She can bring the sass: The role of Maria demands a perfect mix of enthusiasm, heart and fortitude. Carrie seems like a perfect blend of all three. Plus you know deep down Maria could take a Louisville Slugger to both your headlights. Like, say, if you were a Nazi chasing the Von Trapp family through the mountains.
    3. The production will be live: This is an important point in Carrie’s favor. There are plenty of actress would be amazing as Maria onscreen (Ginnifer Goodwin comes to mind, for example), but most of them probably can’t perform live like Carrie can. Girl has been putting on large stage shows for nearly a decade.
    4. She has a great face for a pixie cut: The secret is a strong jaw. Count it!
    5. She’s already destroyed the title song: Here’s Carrie singing “The Sound of Music” on Movie Rocks 2007 on CBS. Don’t tell us this doesn’t give you a little thrill.

5 Reasons We’re Pretty Sure Carrie Underwood Will Crush It In NBC’s The Sound Of Music – | VH1 Celebrity

Concert Stars
    Nothing but the truth - the only people against her playing this role are ignorant mind idiots, and unknown actresses who'll continue to fail at their career while attacking far more talented people's events.
    teesharky likes this.

Carrie Guru
    I love this article. Thanks Tee!
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezik View Post
    Nothing but the truth - the only people against her playing this role are ignorant mind idiots, and unknown actresses who'll continue to fail at their career while attacking far more talented people's events.
    agree. Lots of jealous haters on twitter and yahoo, etc and some lame site called "Jezebel." A witchy woman who hates on everyone - especially women- yet claims to be a feminist site. total witch.

Anyway-- I admit it hurts to see so many negative comments- but most assume it is a remake of a MOVIE so they are reacting in kind. It is just a tv show-- and if they don't like it-- don't watch !

I bet this is why Carrie avoided twitter today. She likely knew this was coming and was fore warned of some negative feedback once the word got out.

But hopefully it will die down. It is not for a year, after all.

Carrie Guru
    ^^ Get used to the hate Tee. It isn't going to go away. And prepare yourself, she's going to get trashed when this eventually airs whether she's good in the part of not. It comes with the territory when she agreed to take on something like this.

I'll have to work on improving my tweeting skills so I can be ready!!! lol.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    agree. Lots of jealous haters on twitter and yahoo, etc and some lame site called "Jezebel." A witchy woman who hates on everyone - especially women- yet claims to be a feminist site. total witch.

Anyway-- I admit it hurts to see so many negative comments- but most assume it is a remake of a MOVIE so they are reacting in kind. It is just a tv show-- and if they don't like it-- don't watch !

I bet this is why Carrie avoided twitter today. She likely knew this was coming and was fore warned of some negative feedback once the word got out.

But hopefully it will die down. It is not for a year, after all.
    It actually makes me so upset she's getting all this backlash - she does not deserve this at all.
    teesharky likes this.

Controversy = great exposure! I'm looking at it that way. Most of the people making rude comments know nothing about Carrie, or are assuming it is a remake of the movie instead of reading the actual article which clearly states that it's a live TV version of the Broadway musical.
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezik View Post
    It actually makes me so upset she's getting all this backlash - she does not deserve this at all.
    What backlash? That implies a consequence to an action. There is no consequence. All you have is some non-Carrie fans making negative comments about the news and these comments will be totally forgotten in a few hours. They are just as meaningless as all the hater comments (and not just the ones about Carrie) that are attached to articles all over the Internet.

Junior Carrie Follower cyndi_sink's Avatar
    Just a wittle bit of JEALOUSY goin on, they will just have to get OVER IT.. She did a wonderful job singing The Sound of Music, gives me chills every time I hear it, and just look at Tony Bennett, when you watch that performance ... he gave her his approval... Such a CLASSY opportunity for OUR SWEET GIRL!! I am so proud of her and I know her family is too and Heck... All of those FANS she has out there... can't wait..: )
    judes and Pi314CA like this.

Concert Stars
    ^ True. Most of the haters will not watch this anyway and are NOT Carrie fans, nor will they ever be.

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Would u rather her have so called controversy bc of an AMAZING career challenge which she'll prob nail or real controversy? This is the good kinda of "controversy"
    Becca
    DaisyTweets and epicamends like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ True. Most of the haters will not watch this anyway and are NOT Carrie fans, nor will they ever be.
    Trust me. They will be watching. They want to see Carrie fail. But it will not happen.

Ms. Underwood will prove them wrong.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    Trust me. They will be watching. They want to see Carrie fail. But it will not happen.

Ms. Underwood will prove them wrong.
    I agree. People will watch just to see how Carrie does.

And the great thing is that the tv audience numbers don't distinguish between haters and fans so the more haters that watch the better. lol.
    DaisyTweets, liz278 and liveasong like this.

Concert Stars
    really really love this!

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    What backlash? That implies a consequence to an action. There is no consequence. All you have is some non-Carrie fans making negative comments about the news and these comments will be totally forgotten in a few hours. They are just as meaningless as all the hater comments (and not just the ones about Carrie) that are attached to articles all over the Internet.

Oh I realllly like this Cary. Perfect statement!!!
    liveasong likes this.

Concert Stars
    If you do a Google News search of Carrie Underwood Sound of Music there are tons of articles about it. 99.9% of them are great. The comments don't matter. Most of the writers agree she can do it justice. She has proven before how multi-talented she is. This is the biggest chance she has ever had to put all the nay-sayers in their place. I have no doubt she will do just that. I wonder how many auditioned for the role and who they were. I wish there was a way to find out.

•