Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By gaycarebear

Thread: Carrie Underwood talks stealing hotdogs and going vegan with Modern Dog Magazine

Carrie Underwood talks stealing hotdogs and going vegan with Modern Dog Magazine

Multi-platinum artist Carrie Underwood has always been an advocate for animal rights, as evidenced by her continued support of the Humane Society of the United States, among many other causes. Over the years, the five-time Grammy Award winner has donated generously of her time and her pocketbook. In 2009, Underwood presented the non-profit organization with a $200,000 check as a result from the proceeds of her recording of Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home," for example.

In a recent interview with Modern Dog Magazine, the gold-hearted singer spoke out about her love for animals, specifically dogs, and why she became a vegan. "I’ve always been an animal lover," Underwood admitted. "I grew up on a farm, and we unfortunately lived in a place where a lot of people would dump their unwanted animals."

Ever the straight-laced teenager, the singer revealed that she would, in fact, sneak out of her parents' house with hotdogs in search of strays. She continued:

"I would sneak out of the house with hot dogs—because no one would notice if hot dogs were missing but they might if a steak was gone from the freezer—to go and find whatever strays were outside. My parents would be in bed, and I would sneak out."

Carrie Underwood talks stealing hotdogs and going vegan with Modern Dog Magazine - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

Concert Stars
    Great article, I suggest that everyone reads the whole article.

Concert Stars
    awesome summary!!

•