Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood to perform at the 2012 CMT Artists of the Year

Carrie Underwood to perform at the 2012 CMT Artists of the Year

Country powerhouse Carrie Underwood is the newest performer added to the lineup for this year's CMT Artists of the Year special. As announced by All Access, Underwood joins many other Country artists, including Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and Miranda Lambert, on the roster of performers.

While it is unclear which chart-topping song Underwood will perform, her achievements this year are undeniable. Her latest award-winning platinum album Blown Away has already spurred two No. 1 smash singles with a third (and much darker) one on the way. Upon the album's release, Underwood made history as only the second Country artist to have their first four albums debut at the top of the Billboard 200. Quite an impressive feat given the nature of the digital music industry.

The album's lead single "Good Girl" became the singer's 15th No. 1, and the colorful music video spent a record-breaking 14 weeks in the No. 1 spot on CMT's "Top 20 Countdown," according to a press release. Additionally, the rock-infused video nabbed the "Video of the Year" honor at the 2012 CMT Music Awards.

Following on the heels of this success, Underwood then released a windy revenge tale called "Blown Away." Unlike any of her previous work, this track demonstrated her ability to stretch the boundaries of her catalogue.

Carrie Underwood to perform at the 2012 CMT Artists of the Year - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com
    Ace, Pi314CA, teesharky and 10 others like this.

Concert Stars
    So is this an indication that Carrie is a recipient of the CMT Artist of the Year? It sure looks like it

Ultimate Carrie Fan Carrieflattsfan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Awesome.

Carrie's AOTY acceptance speech from the 2010 show is probably my favorite speech from her, ever. So heartfelt and genuine. I love how she's so appreciative of every little thing, even though a lot of it seems frivolous to us. It gives me so much respect for Carrie, and it proves how passionate and grateful she is for what she has.

Obsessed Carrie Fan NC State Carrie Fan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I'm probably wrong...but if I'm not mistaken, I thought this award show was to honor the 5 nominees so they could have a night off and that they had other country stars cover there songs....

Junior Carrie Follower underwoodfanfrance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    So is this an indication that Carrie is a recipient of the CMT Artist of the Year? It sure looks like it
    I hope so! She deserve it!
    mtreasmith likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by NC State Carrie Fan View Post
    I'm probably wrong...but if I'm not mistaken, I thought this award show was to honor the 5 nominees so they could have a night off and that they had other country stars cover there songs....

yes, you're right , they have done that in the past - however if they are going to have the honorees announced the night of the show, then they would have to be at the show or at least know they were going to be honored
    rainbow1 likes this.

Cool!

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    I don't think Carrie will be honored. She is just "appearing".

Ty
    This hasn't been confirmed yet.

Carrie Fans Legend countryfan2006's Avatar
    Carrie needs to be on this show again because she had a awesome year and deserves to have this..
    Suellen and DizzyDollyDee like this.

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    In the past, the artists of the year were announced ahead of time and celebrities from the entertainment field (all genre) were invited to present/announce the artists' achievement to the viewing public. I am hoping that the format of this event has changed and the performers may actually also be an 'artist of the year'. I hope. If not, and Carrie is not an artist of the year, I will be beyond diappointed with CMT. And I most certainly will not be watching. I'll catch Carrie's performance on utube.
    But until it's verified... hope springs eternal.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    All Access reported that Carrie is performing. They are a reliable source.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    I can't imagine, that she wouldn't be one of the honored!!
    liz278 and teesharky like this.

Concert Stars
    Nice Blog Jason! I love that you found that All Access article as I hadn't seen that. That definitely confirms she is performing. Cool!

I tweeted your blog and the All Access article too, so Carrie saw. lol Not that it is news to her. lol

I definitely think Carrie and Hunter would not be part of this in the middle of their tour if they were not being honored (Carrie) and presenting (Hunter). Hunter is likely presenting Carrie, and Kasey Musgraves and Blake will likely present Miranda.
    gaycarebear likes this.

Concert Stars
    Won't be able to watch... SINCE I WILL BE AT CARRIE'S BLOWN AWAY TOUR THE NIGHT THE SHOW WILL AIR.. #goodproblem #carriefan

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Thanks for the article, Jason!

There's one correction needed: "at the top of the Billboard 200" needs to be replaced by "at No. 1 on the Billboard’s Top Country Albums Chart". [That's because Some Hearts debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 while the other 3 albums debuted at #1.]
    gaycarebear likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty View Post
    Here is the article from All-Access:

Performers Announced For 'CMT Artists Of The Year' Special
    November 27, 2012 at 9:43 AM (PT)

The 3rd annual “CMT ARTISTS OF THE YEAR” will premiere on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8th (NET NEWS 11/6) and the 90-minute special will be packed with Country performances.

The event, which will honor the biggest Country stars of 2012, will be hosted by RASCAL FLATTS and “NASHVILLE” star HAYDEN PANETTIERE.

Performances by JASON ALDEAN, LUKE BRYAN. KENNY CHESNEY, ERIC CHURCH, ELI YOUNG BAND, SAMMY HAGAR, HUNTER HAYES, TOBY KEITH, MIRANDA LANBERT, KACEY MUSGRAVES, KENNY ROGERS, THOMPSON SQUARE, CARRIE UNDERWOOD and CHRIS YOUNG are scheduled to round out the night.

The honorees will not be revealed until the event, however fans can keep up with the list of performances as they are scheduled at Country Music Television - News, Videos, Artists : Online Radio, Song Lyrics, TV Shows and More.

Link to article: Performers Announced For 'CMT Artists Of The Year' Special | AllAccess.com
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    As I said on the other thread, when I watched 2 years ago, the artist being honored sang with another artist. All that is except Carrie (who sang a medley of her hits by herself) Just because it says performing doesn't mean that she isn't being honored. So Carrie could be singing with Hunter and being honored!

Concert Stars
    Kasey Musgraves is definitely honoring Miranda. That is clear. lol

And Hunter is honoring Carrie hopefully.

If Toby Keith is selected, I wonder who is honoring him? Kenny? Or will Kenny be a winner again, 2 years in a row? I suppose his tour deserves that.

Concert Stars
    yay!!!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast