Like Tree10Likes
  • 8 Post By gaycarebear
  • 1 Post By Mirasa45A
  • 1 Post By bearball49

Thread: Carrie Underwood remembers 'American Idol' audition in St. Louis 8 years later

Carrie Underwood remembers 'American Idol' audition in St. Louis 8 years later

Country superstar Carrie Underwood quickly rose to fame after winning American Idol in 2005. The season four champ, who has since released four platinum albums and garnered 16 No. 1 singles, is the best-selling Idol winner in the U.S. It was eight short years ago that the whirlwind of success began for the Checotah, Okla. singer as she auditioned in St. Louis, Mo. Coincidentally, Underwood, who has been out on the road on her 55-city Blown Away Tour, hits the stage tonight, November 20, at St. Louis' Scottrade Center.

Early this morning, Underwood took to her Twitter account to reminisce:

"Glad to be in St. Louis! It's where it all started for me. 8 years ago we made the trip here to try out for Idol & my life changed forever!"

As fans can recall, Underwood auditioned with Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me" in front of judges Randy Jackson and Simon Cowell. Her charming performance even included her chicken impersonation and the revelation of a third nipple. Needless to say, her a capella rendition of a classic song impressed the panel enough to give the Country girl a golden ticket to Hollywood. And the rest is history, isn't it?

Carrie Underwood remembers 'American Idol' audition in St. Louis 8 years later - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

Carrie Guru
    Looking back at her audition still gives me joy and pride !
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    makes me smile everytime...wow 8 year..time flies!

Huge Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    A lot of auditions through the years and with all the talent we have seen since Carrie was on Idol, no one has ever impressed me from day one as Carrie did. She continues to grow as an artist and while she has gained some fasihion savey over the years, she remains the sweet, humble small town girl I fell in love with. So glad fame has not changed her. I don't think there is anything she could do to cause me to lose my faith in her. I am also proud that she remains grounded in her faith. A lot of celebrities have passed through my life one way or another, but Carrie is the one that I lmost think of as an adopted family member. She jst seems to draw us in, hope that never changes.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Wow 8 years ago I'm glad Carrie audition for AI

•