Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood promises special 2013 project to be out of her comfort zone

Carrie Underwood promises special 2013 project to be out of her comfort zone

Superstar Carrie Underwood performed her brand new single "Two Black Cadillacs" on the 40th Annual American Music Awards on November 18. As representing Country music, the singer promises to "represent our genre as best as I can," she explained in an interview with Rolling Stone. As a Country artist, she wants "people to say, 'Oh, that's what I've been missing – I will listen more.'"

Moments before the awards show was underway, Underwood hinted at a very special project for 2013, which may or may not include a promising acting gig. However, she remained rather tight-lipped on the matter:

"[It's] something really different that would be out of my comfort zone, a really wonderful thing to put on my 'I did that' list."

While it is unclear what, exactly, the under-wraps project may be, fans can recall that Underwood has expanded her brand from powerful vocalist to actress. Previously, she's appeared on an episode of How I Met Your Mother and had a guest starring role in the inspiring film Soul Surfer. As far as musical collaborations go, the Oklahoma singer has dabbled in jazz (Tony Bennett), rock (Aerosmith) and pop, as well as hooked up with many other Country musicians, including Brad Paisley ("Remind Me"). On these opportunities, she believes it's a great chance to grow and learn, saying:

"So getting those opportunities to meet and talk with people and collaborate, even if it's just on a little event like I did with Stevie and Tony last year, it's amazing. And I feel really lucky, because I feel like I can hang with all those people and I don't feel like, 'Oh, I only sing country music.' That's my heart, that's my home, but I like to do something different and unexpected and learn from them, because they are the masters."

Carrie Underwood promises special 2013 project to be out of her comfort zone - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

THE VOICE will have a Spring and Fall session in 2013. CeeLo and Christina are taking a hiatus in the Spring and will be back in the Fall. Maybe Carrie will fill in as a judge/mentor. Or maybe X Factor in the Fall. One can only hope.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by chevrolet View Post
    THE VOICE will have a Spring and Fall session in 2013. CeeLo and Christina are taking a hiatus in the Spring and will be back in the Fall. Maybe Carrie will fill in as a judge/mentor. Or maybe X Factor in the Fall. One can only hope.
    I don't think that there is any chance of Carrie doing either of those shows.

Usher & Shakira are replacing CeeLo & Christina

Concert Stars
    I read she was preparing to appear in another movie.

Concert Stars
    ^ Ooh where did you read that? What kind of movie??

We are all speculating that it is Broadway due to the rumor she was going to play Dolly in Dolly's new musical.

Concert Stars
    My guess:

Carrie in a movie similar to "Bridesmaids"

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liveasong View Post
    My guess:

Carrie in a movie similar to "Bridesmaids"
    as much as I love Carrie I could not get myself to watch something like that at the movies haha

Concert Stars
    If Carrie is gonna be on Broadway, I'm not gonna be eating for a long time.

Concert Stars
    If Carrie does Broadway-- let's all make a pact to be there opening night! I will be there with bells on!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    If Carrie does Broadway-- let's all make a pact to be there opening night! I will be there with bells on!
    That's easy for you to say you live in New York

Concert Stars
    ^ lol good point!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    If Carrie was on Broadway between plane, hotel, and actual show tickets we would all be broke real quick lol

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    If Carrie does a Broadway play I may have to take a break for a week or two from CF, as the angst level will be at least the equivalent of a a 10.00 on the Richter scale. And if the reviews are bad Tee will have a stroke or rally fans to take up torches and pitch forks and storm the Times
    teesharky and opry051008 like this.

Concert Stars
    Maybe a guest appearance on Glee or Nashville?!? I hope it is an acting project. I would absolutely love another feature film. The way she mentions checking it off the list, though, makes me think it is something she has never tried before.

a really wonderful thing to put on my 'I did that' list."
    She has made guest appearances on How I Met Your Mother and Soul Surfer. I don't think it's gonna be a TV series/movie again, it sounds something really different from what she has already done. Should be Broadway.
    teesharky and epicamends like this.

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    oh, gosh! I will be sad if it's Broadway, because I would never get to see a show Living here in Nebraska, she'd never get around here. Perhaps she will film a BA Tour DVD?!
    teesharky likes this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by allamericangirl8 View Post
    If Carrie is gonna be on Broadway, I'm not gonna be eating for a long time.
    I have to tell my kids I could not help anymore with their schooling(university) because Carrie comes first.lol.

Concert Stars
    wow this sounds really exciting!

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    She has made guest appearances on How I Met Your Mother and Soul Surfer. I don't think it's gonna be a TV series/movie again, it sounds something really different from what she has already done. Should be Broadway.

Agree. It won't be tv or anything she has done. I guess she did do a movie, too, so it must be Broadway. Wow. I really hope so!

It could be Dolly or Sound of Music, etc.

Is there a Sound of Music Broadway show going right now?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carriefan13 View Post
    oh, gosh! I will be sad if it's Broadway, because I would never get to see a show Living here in Nebraska, she'd never get around here. Perhaps she will film a BA Tour DVD?!
    I think she is already doing the Tour dvd per some tweets from a month ago. But that is not really a "project" or something out of her comfort zone.

She said it is out of her comfort zone...so that means it is something she has never done before.
    rainbow1 likes this.

•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast