Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By gaycarebear

Thread: Carrie Underwood reveals Thanksgiving plans, chats about representing Country

Carrie Underwood reveals Thanksgiving plans, chats about representing Country

Country superstar Carrie Underwood stunned in a bright blue dress at the 40th Annual American Music Awards on November 18. In addition to being one of the night's biggest winners (she nabbed the "Favorite Album - Country" honor), she debuted her brand new single "Two Black Cadillacs," complete with elaborate digital screens shining behind her. A sinister tale of revenge and murder, the track, off her Blown Away record, is an artistic leap for Underwood, whose most notable songs include boy-bashing anthems ("Before He Cheats," "Undo It") and inspirational ballads ("Jesus Take the Wheel," "So Small").

After claiming her seventh AMA, the "Blown Away" singer chatted with Pop Sugar reporter Lindsay Miller about representing Country music, her Aerosmith collaboration ("Can't Stop Loving You") and her upcoming Thanksgiving plans. "I think I put a lot of pressure on myself because I want to represent Country music well," Underwood admitted. "You know, there was a lot of performers that were there tonight, but, you know, Country music wasn't heavily represented."

Amidst Underwood's 55-city Blown Away Tour, she still manages to find time to sneak in once-in-a-lifetime collaborations with other industry heavyweights. Most recently, she lent her powerhouse vocals and charm to an Aerosmith track titled "Can't Stop Loving You," which is featured on the band's new album Music From Another Dimension. The song harkens back to 1990's style ballads and love storytelling. She revealed that she's known band frontman Steven Tyler for quite a long time, gushing:

"Well, I've known Steven for a while. We first sang together on the ACM's a couple years ago and then did CMT Crossroads together. We just have a really great relationship."

Carrie Underwood reveals Thanksgiving plans, chats about representing Country - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

Concert Stars
    kinda sad that country music wasn't represented much...

•