Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Carrie Underwood on 'Nashville': We're Not That Scandalous

Carrie Underwood on 'Nashville': We're Not That Scandalous

Carrie Underwood On 'Nashville': 'We're Not That Scandalous' | Music News | Rolling Stone

Carrie Underwood On 'Nashville': 'We're Not That Scandalous'

At American Music Awards, country star praises show, promises something new in 2013

Carrie Underwood joined Taylor Swift as the two Nashville representatives performing on last night's American Music Awards. Before the show Underwood told Rolling Stone she sees herself as an ambassador of the city's music scene.

"I definitely want to represent our genre as best as I can," she said. "And I want people to say, 'Oh, that's what I've been missing I will listen more.'"

People certainly are paying more attention to Music City right now, thanks to the hit ABC show that carries the name of country music's home. Underwood is a fan: "I feel like the show represents our town really well," she said. "I love watching the show because I'm like, 'I eat there.'"

While she is a fan, she hopes people realize the series takes some dramatic license to make for better TV. "I hope they don't think all the ladies of country music are that scandalous, because I promise you we're not," she said, laughing. "I hope people don't think it's all backstabbing and everybody sleeping with everybody else. That's really not [the case], at least to my knowledge. There might be all kinds of stuff going on that I don't know about, but not in my world. People really are pretty open and friendly and normal."

Underwood might have some acting in her future. Though vague on the subject, she promises there's something very different in line for her in the new year. It's "something really different that would be out of my comfort zone, a really wonderful thing to put on my 'I did that' list," she said.

Please click link to read remainder of article. Carrie Underwood On 'Nashville': 'We're Not That Scandalous' | Music News | Rolling Stone

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Ha ha good words from Carrie. They hollywoodfied the show Nashville to make good ratings so people will watch it

Obsessed Carrie Fan Schrodinger's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Underwood might have some acting in her future. Though vague on the subject, she promises there's something very different in line for her in the new year. It's "something really different that would be out of my comfort zone, a really wonderful thing to put on my 'I did that' list," she said.

On Your Mark! Get Ready ... SPECULATE!

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Thanks, Ann

This bit was intriguing:
    "Underwood might have some acting in her future. Though vague on the subject, she promises there's something very different in line for her in the new year. It's "something really different that would be out of my comfort zone,"
    Some time ago, I think there were reports that Dolly Parton wanted Carrie to portray her as a young woman - but, if I remember rightly, Carrie was said to be nervous of her ability to perform the role. The words "out of my comfort zone" reminded me of that. Does anyone know if that project is still under consideration?

Smokyiiis and Ann055 like this.

Concert Stars
    ^^That has been the specultion for a while. I hope it's true.

Carrie sure likes the word "normal"

That's the first thing that came to my mind -- we're going to have to do some sleuthing to see how Dolly's musical is doing. If that is it, maybe if K. Chenoweth is involved too, maybe we'll see or hear something from that direction. I don't know how Kristen's injury is doing either.
    Gator and rainbow1 like this.

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    2013 promises to be an exciting year for us Carrie fans.
    ydumarp and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    Yep, Windmills is speculating that it could be Dolly's show...exciting!!!!!

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    That's the first thing that came to my mind -- we're going to have to do some sleuthing to see how Dolly's musical is doing. If that is it, maybe if K. Chenoweth is involved too, maybe we'll see or hear something from that direction. I don't know how Kristen's injury is doing either.
    It sounds like Kristin has a ways to go with her recovery. So if Dolly's project is still active, Kristin's involvement may need to be limited. If this is Carrie's project, I think Carrie would be in good hands if both Dolly and Kristin mentor her.

Concert Stars
    I immediately thought of Dolly's musical when I read this! Kristen could take over when Carrie's stint is done. Usually stars do limited broadway gigs for like 3 months and then they change leads so the star can go back to their day job. Lol

This is definitely acting related. Even if not Broadway- it is not just another duet or SNL etc. SNL hosting only takes a week. This seems bigger.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    This makes me beyond excited!! I'm sure she will tell us we will know more "soon" but that could be next year for all we know lol

Concert Stars
    Whoa. I'm super excited. I think this is going to be a huge treat for us Carrie Fans. I'm sure whatever this "special" project is about, I know Carrie won't disappoint. Thanks for posting

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    if its hosting SNL, ill be ecstatic!
    Becca

Concert Stars
    I really hope it is acting. Carrie keeps hinting at this project like she is really excited about it. This is not usual for her as she usually keeps duets and things under wraps.

She didn't hint about Soul surfer all that much in advance either (though it leaked and we found out on our own anyway- lol).

So her excitement about this is getting me excited. She really seems psyched about it and can't stop hinting about it. ha ha That is making me really excited too!

First of all: I'm surprised Rolling Stone made an article about Carrie.

Second, I'm so excited. I really hope it's acting. If Carrie were to act again, I'd want her to do a big movie, but Broadway sounds lovely as well. It seems it's gonna happen before the 2nd leg of the tour, according to an interview she did a couple of weeks ago. Either way, I'm so excited! Another project for Carrie. This girl is a busy bee!

Concert Stars
    Has anyone considered the possibility of it being her playing Maria in "The Sound Of Music"? The tweet the other day about receiving "The Sound Of Music" book was just so random. Plus, why would she be sent the... Random... Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by CUFan7 View Post
    Has anyone considered the possibility of it being her playing Maria in "The Sound Of Music"? The tweet the other day about receiving "The Sound Of Music" book was just so random. Plus, why would she be sent the... Random... Just a thought.
    What's that?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchs View Post
    What's that?
    It's a very successful play and there is also a very successful movie of it as well:

The Sound of Music - Trailer [1965] [38th Oscar Best Picture] - YouTube

Carrie has also sung the movie/play's opening song in the past:

Manchs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CUFan7 View Post
    It's a very successful play based off of this movie: The Sound of Music - Trailer [1965] [38th Oscar Best Picture] - YouTube

Carrie has also sung the movie/play's opening song in the past: Carrie Underwood - Sound Of Music - YouTube
    Ah, thanks a lot, I didn't know the title in English That would be BIG for her.

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast