Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By gaycarebear
  • 1 Post By liz278
  • 1 Post By carebearcarrie
  • 2 Post By jaylee50

Thread: Carrie Underwood's debut album 'Some Hearts' hits seven-year anniversary

Carrie Underwood's debut album 'Some Hearts' hits seven-year anniversary

Country powerhouse Carrie Underwood has an impressive body of work that spans a short seven years: four platinum albums and 16 No. 1 singles. The Oklahoma-native can add another influential milestone today, November 15, as her debut album Some Hearts celebrates its seven-year anniversary. Released six months after her American Idol win in 2005, little did she (or her fans) know that her debut record would go on to become platinum seven times over and be named Billboard's Top Country Album of the 2000 Decade, according to an official press release.

Some Hearts was produced by long-time collaborator Mark Bright (who has also produced Underwood's Carnival Ride, Play On and Blown Away records) and spurred such massive hits as "Jesus Take the Wheel" and "Before He Cheats." Soon after its release, the album would go on to garner many industry awards, including "Album of the Year" at the 41st Academy of Country Music Awards and the 2006 Billboard Music Awards.

Carrie Underwood's debut album 'Some Hearts' hits seven-year anniversary - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com

Concert Stars
    I can't believe it has been 7 years since it came out - and look at where she is today!!!
    Carrieroxmysox2011 likes this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gaycarebear View Post
    Country powerhouse Carrie Underwood has an impressive body of work that spans a short seven years: four platinum albums and 16 No. 1 singles. The Oklahoma-native can add another influential milestone today, November 15, as her debut album Some Hearts celebrates its seven-year anniversary. Released six months after her American Idol win in 2005, little did she (or her fans) know that her debut record would go on to become platinum seven times over and be named Billboard's Top Country Album of the 2000 Decade, according to an official press release.

Some Hearts was produced my long-time collaborator Mark Bright
    (who has also produced Underwood's Carnival Ride, Play On and Blown Away records) and spurred such massive hits as "Jesus Take the Wheel" and "Before He Cheats." Soon after its release, the album would go on to garner many industry awards, including "Album of the Year" at the 41st Academy of Country Music Awards and the 2006 Billboard Music Awards.

Carrie Underwood's debut album 'Some Hearts' hits seven-year anniversary - National Carrie Underwood | Examiner.com
    I believe there's a typo in the bolded statement -- I think it should be 'by' not 'my'????

Concert Stars
    It was also produced by dan huff.

I cannot believe it had been 7 years!!
    rainbow1 likes this.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I know right years since SH has been released that is so cool

Concert Stars
    omg 7 years...insane!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by carebearcarrie View Post
    It was also produced by dan huff.

I cannot believe it had been 7 years!!
    I like Mark, but I also like Dan Huff. I think his influence on "Some Hearts" was really good.
    If I remember correctly, he gently pushed Carrie into trusting herself to put more expression into singing....in other words to let go, not to be so cautious.
    After being critiqued after every performance by the AI judges, I can understand Carrie's caution to hold back.
    We are so lucky that Carrie won AI...I love her stunning and powerful voice, well, it seems, I like everything about her.
    rainbow1 and gocountrymusic like this.

•