• 16 Post By cary78663
  • 3 Post By Farawayhills
  • 2 Post By opry051008
  • 2 Post By nccountrygal
  • 1 Post By Farawayhills

Thread: HOT DISH: The Presidential and CMA Elections Are Now Behind Us

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar

HOT DISH: The Presidential and CMA Elections Are Now Behind Us

Short comment on Carrie and Brad hosting the CMAs.

I nominate Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood as the CMA hosts for as long as I live. They do a grand job, and they enjoy themselves. I don't know anyone dumb enough to criticize those two. They cook.
    Full Article: CMT : News : HOT DISH: The Presidential and CMA Elections Are Now Behind Us

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    Spot on for Carrie and Brad.

The remark on Blake Shelton was also perceptive:
    "don't you know that television is the vehicle to carry a singer into the stratosphere of superstardom. That's where the talented Blake scored. He's not a songwriter and musician like Brad Paisley, Keith Urban and others, but he's a judge on NBC's The Voice. More fans can view Blake during one live show than they could for an entire season of touring."
    It's that feeling that the genre benefits from the national exposure that appeals to many voters.

However, Carrie's having a very good year. Not only the TV hosting, but the incidental good publicity surrounding the tour is getting wider notice too.
    liz278, gaycarebear and rainbow1 like this.

Carrie Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Farawayhills View Post
    Spot on for Carrie and Brad.

The remark on Blake Shelton was also perceptive:
    "don't you know that television is the vehicle to carry a singer into the stratosphere of superstardom. That's where the talented Blake scored. He's not a songwriter and musician like Brad Paisley, Keith Urban and others, but he's a judge on NBC's The Voice. More fans can view Blake during one live show than they could for an entire season of touring."
    It's that feeling that the genre benefits from the national exposure that appeals to many voters.

However, Carrie's having a very good year. Not only the TV hosting, but the incidental good publicity surrounding the tour is getting wider notice too.
    As true as this may be it just shows that the CMA voters will just use whatever they need to in order to justify their votes. What I mean by this is that during the year when Carrie should have been nominated for the CMA EOTY, she had more television visibility that anybody else at that time but it didn't seem to count then. Bitter much! Yes!
    nccountrygal and Ann055 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    As true as this may be it just shows that the CMA voters will just use whatever they need to in order to justify their votes. What I mean by this is that during the year when Carrie should have been nominated for the CMA EOTY, she had more television visibility that anybody else at that time but it didn't seem to count then. Bitter much! Yes!
    Well in my opinion Carrie has done way more than Blake has ever done to earn an EOTY nomination and yet she can't even get one. It's ridiculous to me. If Carrie does not get one next year then I don't think she is ever going to get one. I am still bitter too about 2010 when she definitely should have received a nomination and it's just crazy that she still has not received one yet.
    opry051008 and bearball49 like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan Farawayhills's Avatar
    At a rough count, the CMA voters have given the EOTY to female artists 9 times, and to male artists 37 times.

Although the odds are no better for Song of the Year, that is the award I'd most like to see Carrie win
    liz278 likes this.

Concert Stars
    totally love that comment and I second that opinion!!

•