• 2 Post By carrieguy2
  • 2 Post By Smokyiiis
  • 3 Post By glenn7
  • 2 Post By Ann055
  • 1 Post By carrieidol1

Thread: Carrie Underwood Gives Solid, Soulful Performance at Boardwalk Hall

Carrie Underwood Gives Solid, Soulful Performance at Boardwalk Hall

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/l...9bb2963f4.html

ATLANTIC CITY — It was only for a moment, but Carrie Underwood was upstaged in Atlantic City Friday night.

Standing on a floating platform high above the sold-out crowd at Boardwalk Hall, Underwood was singing her hit “Do You Think About Me,” when a fan below her decided to pull out an engagement ring and pop the question.

Underwood, known for her interaction with fans, didn’t miss the moment — and stopped mid-song.

“Are you proposing right now?” Underwood asked.

The hall suddenly erupted into cheers.

“Say yes!” she shouted.

To more cheers from the crowd, the woman did say yes. An emotional Underwood tried to continue singing, but became so choked up that she had to stop.

“How do I top that?” she said, wiping away tears. Some might say with that comment, she had.

Please click on link to read rest of article -- Carrie Underwood gives solid, soulful performance at Boardwalk Hall - pressofAtlanticCity.com: Arts & Entertainment

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    whoa! she donated all the money from that show back?! How sweet!!!! Makes me proud to be a fan

I just love Carrie so much! I love this part --

“We’re so glad to be here, and even more glad to be here this evening,” Underwood told the crowd. “You know, after something like this, you wonder whether the show should go on. We thought, this building was still here, so it must be here for a reason.”

“I wouldn’t feel right making any money off of tonight’s show,” Underwood said. “So anything I make is going right back into the community here.”

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Just earlier today after I read part of the updated Carrie's concerts box scores thread I was thinking to myself how after the end of the Blown Away tour that I bet she'll be donating over 1 million dollars to the Red Cross. I got a little teary eyed thinking about that amazing number. And now after 'Sandy' how wonderful it is that Carrie chose to give this $1 per ticket to such a worthy organization. And now reading that part in this article highlighting this very donation. So glad that some are commenting on this as I believe that Carrie likes to do her donating away from the media lens!!!

Just as I believe that God has blessed and is blessing Carrie and is guiding her in her life, I believe it was God who lead her to make such an amazing and needed decision to donate to the Red Cross. It gives me goosebumps or holy ghost bumps thinking about how Carrie lives her life and is such a great example. She truly is one special young lady!!!!!

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post

“We’re so glad to be here, and even more glad to be here this evening,” Underwood told the crowd. “You know, after something like this, you wonder whether the show should go on. We thought, this building was still here, so it must be here for a reason.”

“I wouldn’t feel right making any money off of tonight’s show,” Underwood said. “So anything I make is going right back into the community here.”
    Awesome! That is how you give MEANING to your LIFE and CAREER. Building an ENDURING GREAT CAREER - one that is TRULY WORTHY OF LASTING - is a NOBLE CAUSE. Kudos to Carrie for building a career of SUCH INTRINSIC EXCELLENCE that the music world would lose a TRUE AMBASSADOR of Country Music if Carrie ceased to exist.

Concert Stars
    "Underwood has come a long way since she first performed for a much smaller Atlantic City audience back in 2007. Gone was the awkward audience banter and seemingly nervous crowd interaction. This Carrie Underwood, backed by a solid 8-piece band, commanded an arena."

i saw that concert with shy Carrie dressed in her granny dress...what a changed person and performer she has become! AC07.jpg
    Ann055 and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    I couldn't be prouder to be a Carrie fan! Absolutely amazing how big her heart is....the tears during the marriage proposal and donating the proceeds from the show to the community that suffered so badly from Sandy.
    rainbow1 and Ann055 like this.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars

BA Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post

Just awesome, just an amazing lady with a heart of gold. Love the video of the marriage proposal too. What a night.

Do You Think About Me - Carrie Underwood - Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 11/9/12 - YouTube
    simonplay, rainbow1 and Gator like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn7 View Post
    Just awesome, just an amazing lady with a heart of gold. Love the video of the marriage proposal too. What a night.

Do You Think About Me - Carrie Underwood - Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, NJ - 11/9/12 - YouTube
    That she is, Glenn! Thanks for putting the proposal video here too! I put it over in the concert thread, but it is buried, I think. The poster of the videos I put on there -- he worked hard -- he got video of every single song of the concert & I've put them all there for people to enjoy.

I really hope Carrie is feeling okay today. I posted a few tweets where they said Carrie mouthed to someone that she felt sick. During a few of those videos, she appears to be coughing. I hope she's ok for tonight. Then, she can rest until the 13th, I believe.
    Gator and rainbow1 like this.

Concert Stars
    love this!

Concert Stars
    Thanks for the video. Congrads to the new couple.

Concert Stars
    She said "everyone look right there, right now!"... Not what the original post's article said. But w/e it was a very special moment!
    rainbow1 likes this.

•