Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: CMA Awards: Best and worst of the broadcast

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    What happens to Miranda/Blake when the award hype goes away but their mediocre sales continue?

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    What happens to Miranda/Blake when the award hype goes away but their mediocre sales continue?
    This is what's so interesting. They (Blake and Miranda) are NOT being recognized for big sales as data shows that someone like Kenny Chesney, Brad , Jason,Taylor,have bigger sales and tour success, and this year's winner of the EOTY award was as baffled with his win as the viewers and the other nominees in this category.The vocalist award is not necessarily given for 'best vocals' or best sales, or best chart position vis-a-vis other nominees...as Miranda's stats will show. How the CMA determines it's winners is a mystery but one thing seems very clear. The CMA is not targeting Carrie with malvolent intentions no more or less than it's targeting, Chesney, Urban, Brad, Jason, Flatts, and everyone else that came before this group. Carrie is not the only nominee whose overall success and performance skills exceed those of the winner. I've lost interest in knowing what the CMA selection process is, if there is one, and just take confort in knowing that what appears to be a well used practice is applied, perhaps in varying degrees to all it's multiple winners at one point or another.

Concert Stars
    she didn't have a bad reaction...

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kewlie78189 View Post
    she didn't have a bad reaction...
    You are correct. I watched it back last night. She looked a little nervous as it was being announced. Then there was a split second where she looked a little disappointed then she pasted a smile and applauded Miranda.
    bearball49 likes this.

Concert Stars
    I didn't think it was bad or that she (as the writer agreed) looked like a sore loser. More than anything, I thought she looked hurt. I felt bad for her.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    they finally fade away as this big fictitious power couple? fingers crossed

I see the CMAs as giving awards to the people they feel need the boost, the pr to help keep their careers moving forward.Most people agree the music is just not there right now for ML or BS so all they really have is the pr.

Carrie's reaction at losing was the same as anyone's would be, she had a look of disappointment then sucked it up and graciously applauded the winner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Well I wouldn't be surprised if next year Miranda is nominated for EOTY and wins it since Blake won this year. I still feel like the voters hold American Idol against Carrie and the fact that she won awards early on in her career. I think we all agree Miranda should have won FVOTY the first year for sure that she won and since I don't think they are going to give it to Taylor again then obviously last year she should have won. But this year Carrie should have won for sure. It doesn't look good now for Carrie winning another FVOTY award since it appears the CMA's move on after one wins a few. However, since no other females are up and coming what are they going to do. Maybe they will go back to Carrie next year but aI am not really betting on that although Loretta Lynn did win it one year and then it took her 4 years to win again so maybe there is hope.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower carrieluv8507's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    "carrie has always struggled to pick up awards?" Umm HELLO, she is one of the most awarded females in country music ever!! 3X CMA FVOTY, 2X ACM EOY plus countless others. What happened to all the jokes about how her house is probably filled to the brim with awards? Tke skit on the CMT awards several years back with the little girl dressed as carrie surrounded by tons of trophies? Can someone PLEASE write in to EW.com and correct this bullsh**. I would, but I'm too mad...

pgk
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Why not focus on the faces of the losers for the EOTY award.... Why not focus on TS's face during the Brad/Carrie skit about the Kennedy trade? Borgetta's smile during this was phony and controlled...and I can understand that. Imagine someone (finally) taking a shot (a harmless and humourous one) at the biggest pop star in country music. Don't you find that odd, that the camera didn't ever, like never, pan to her face once except at the end, while it seemed that she was definitely the camera darling for everything else? Poor girl had to spent most of her time looking at the monitors to find out if she was on so that she could make sure her reaction was appropriate...and really no one said it had to be sincere. In this regard I think alot of the stars are guilty of this type of self-monitoring.

The news will report any slant they think will create the biggest splash.

sco
    Insane Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carrieluv8507 View Post
    "carrie has always struggled to pick up awards?" Umm HELLO, she is one of the most awarded females in country music ever!! 3X CMA FVOTY, 2X ACM EOY plus countless others. What happened to all the jokes about how her house is probably filled to the brim with awards? Tke skit on the CMT awards several years back with the little girl dressed as carrie surrounded by tons of trophies? Can someone PLEASE write in to EW.com and correct this bullsh**. I would, but I'm too mad...
    Somebody already did and he already corrected the article. Overall it was a good article but he clearly didn't do his homework on that point. I thought he should have left that whole section out as it contributed nothing to the article and it had the potential of being taken negatively. I actually don' think he meant it negatively. The rest of the article was very positive about Carrie. I think he genuinely thought she should have won and felt badly for her.
    Last edited by sco; 11-03-2012 at 01:13 PM.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    Here are the Carrie parts. But I suggest you read the whole are as there are some other interesting comments.

Full article: CMA Awards: Best and worst of the broadcast | The Music Mix | EW.com

He/she made the correction already by adding "LATELY". I always thought that - that is what he/she really meant. All of us know that Carrie really struggle to win awards "LATELY", UNLESS, it is a FAN VOTING AWARDS. It is still a FANTASTIC article FOR ME. I am not concerned about the mention of Carrie's FACIAL EXPRESSION - Carrie had a SAD FACE - EVEN BEFORE THEY ANNOUNCED THE WINNER - which means that Carrie was NOT EXPECTING to win this award. And after they announced it - Carrie changed her facial expression and mode showing a great sportsmanship in losing the award.
    teesharky likes this.

lab
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh View Post
    FANTASTIC article! Thank you so much. "Carrie and Brad" is THE BEST OF THE BEST in - "Chemistry in hosting CMA Awards", "VOCALS" and "Creating SOMETHING BIGGER, MORE OUTSTANDING and MORE LASTING "CREATIVITY" AND "can stimulate CHANGE and PROGRESS". As long as their FRIENDSHIP and CHEMISTRY is "ENDURING and SUBSTANTIAL" - I am EXTREMELY HAPPY!!!!!!! "Carrie and Brad" is SOMETHING FAR MORE IMPORTANT - "WORTHY OF LASTING"!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not care about the awards.

WOW!!! Did you memorize my posts before? You borrowed these from me.

My mother was hospitalized and spent one month in the nursing home rehabilitation. The nursing home allowed me to live with my mom in the nursing home which is really AWESOME. I have never been on this site FOR MORE THAN ONE MONTH. I just brought my mother home today and she is really feeling great right now. I do not want to feel guilty LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DAD, more than a year ago, that when my dad passed away - I was feeling that I CAN DO BETTER than what I did when he was still alive. LOVE YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER - with ALL YOUR HEART and with ALL YOUR SOUL - when they are still alive!!!
    opry051008, hjj, ydumarp and 5 others like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by lab View Post
    LOVE YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER - with ALL YOUR HEART and with ALL YOUR SOUL - when they are still alive!!!
    very nice!
    mbh likes this.

Carrie Guru

My mother was hospitalized and spent one month in the nursing home rehabilitation. The nursing home allowed me to live with my mom in the nursing home which is really AWESOME. I have never been on this site FOR MORE THAN ONE MONTH. I just brought my mother home today and she is really feeling great right now. I do not want to feel guilty LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DAD, more than a year ago, that when my dad passed away - I was feeling that I CAN DO BETTER than what I did when he was still alive. LOVE YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER - with ALL YOUR HEART and with ALL YOUR SOUL - when they are still alive!!!
    I missed you lab. Glad to hear you mom is doing well.
    mbh, Pi314CA and lab like this.

mbh
    Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I missed you lab. Glad to hear you mom is doing well.
    I missed lab, too.

Concert Stars
    I KNEW IT!!!! lab !!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!!
    mbh and lab like this.

Let's hope that happens very very soon. I hope people realize in the next year that Miranda just doesn't have the staying power that Carrie has.

I've been thinking about this. Sure, Miranda just won FV for the 3rd year running, but Carrie is who will become a legend in Country Music...and in many ways, she already is. Miranda, while I do love her too, will just be a small chapter in Country...meanwhile, Carrie will have a WHOLE VOLUME.
    liz278, DizzyDollyDee and mbh like this.

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    Eventually, they will be dropped from their label. Not saying that is going to happen by any means, but their label may be less inclined to support their work (e.g. Blake's Christmas album). While its early in the Christmas season, I am surprised at the extremely low sales for Blake's Christmas album. I'm curious as to how his Christmas special will do. As for Miranda, I find it a bit odd that she ended her tour with no announcement for 2013. Her album is not done yet... maybe she is going to concentrate on The Pistol Annies.

By comparison, sales of Blake and Miranda music have paled in comparison to their colleagues, Blake in particular.

We missed you lab...so glad you're back! So happy your mother is doing better!
    mbh and lab like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pi314CA View Post
    Eventually, they will be dropped from their label. Not saying that is going to happen by any means, but their label may be less inclined to support their work (e.g. Blake's Christmas album). While its early in the Christmas season, I am surprised at the extremely low sales for Blake's Christmas album. I'm curious as to how his Christmas special will do. As for Miranda, I find it a bit odd that she ended her tour with no announcement for 2013. Her album is not done yet... maybe she is going to concentrate on The Pistol Annies.

By comparison, sales of Blake and Miranda music have paled in comparison to their colleagues, Blake in particular.

Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley will co-headline next year, I think they named their tour Locked and Reloaded.
    Pi314CA likes this.

•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast