Like Tree24Likes
  • 17 Post By Ann055
  • 7 Post By rainbow1

Thread: LA Times - Trying to Keep up With Carrie Underwood

LA Times - Trying to Keep up With Carrie Underwood

Carrie Underwood: Backstage before a concert - latimes.com

Trying to keep up with Carrie Underwood
    TV taping. Sound check. Fan meet-and-greets. The country star invites a reporter along on a concert afternoon. A smile never leaves her face.

Carrie Underwood gets her makeup touched up before posing for fan pictures backstage before her concert at Staples Center. (Brian van der Brug / Los Angeles Times / November 1, 2012)

By Gerrick D. Kennedy, Los Angeles Times
    November 1, 2012, 7:00 a.m.

Carrie Underwood stands in a nearly deserted Staples Center concourse while a dozen or so workers line up floor seats inside the arena that in five hours will be filled to capacity with screaming fans. None of the workers takes eyes off their task as Underwood, with a small camera crew in tow, strolls toward the area typically reserved for ticket holders. It's shortly after 3 p.m. and the singer's makeup is flawless, her blond curls fall perfectly down her back and her smile is bright. The 29-year-old is the definition of poise as she invites us along for a glimpse of the leading up to her show.

With many more stops to go on her global "Blown Away" tour extended just this week well into 2013 and her first to include dates in Europe and Australia Underwood takes time before her Oct. 16 concert to film a segment for "All Access Nashville," a special edition of "20/20" that teased Thursday's 46th Annual Country Music Assn. Awards on ABC. She will host the ceremony for a fifth time with fellow country star Brad Paisley.

Underwood is undoubtedly one of the biggest names in country music, but the Muskogee, Okla., native is the first to remind you there was a time when she was looking for her big break and tried out for "American Idol" for no better reason than "why not?" She won the show's fourth season in 2005.

PLEASE click the link -- this is a 2 page article and there are also more photos

Carrie Underwood: Backstage before a concert - latimes.com

Concert Stars
    I'm worn out, just reading it!! How does she do it, with such grace?!!

New Carrie Fan
    Muskogee, OK - FAIL - lol. I guess if you are not from Oklahoma, Muskogee and Checotah could be easily mixed up. One starts with a "M" and the other a "C". Yeah, I can see how hard it would be to get that one right

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by edmondokcufan View Post
    Muskogee, OK - FAIL - lol. I guess if you are not from Oklahoma, Muskogee and Checotah could be easily mixed up. One starts with a "M" and the other a "C". Yeah, I can see how hard it would be to get that one right
    i think the confusion arises because Carole went to a hospital in Muskogee to deliver baby Carrie and then returned home to Checotah to raise her!

Obsessed Carrie Fan Cathie Wynkoop's Avatar
    Back in Kansas.....there's no place like home!!!
    Concert Stars
    Great article! Carrie is one busy gal!

Concert Stars
    great article..love the picture!

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That was a really great article.This is random, but with how classy and put together Carrie is all the time (and the fact that she is used to traveling/a busy schedule) I think she would make a fantastic first lady!

•