Like Tree16Likes
  • 15 Post By Ty
  • 1 Post By liz278

Thread: Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood talk CMA Awards

Ty

Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood talk CMA Awards

For the fifth straight year, Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood will co-host the CMA Awards airing live from Nashville on Nov. 1 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. The duo phoned EW this afternoon for a quick chat on what we can expect.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Brad, earlier today, we posted an interview with your wife, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, who begins a recurring role on ABC’s Nashville tonight. I understand she’ll be presenting at the CMAs with Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere. Will we see you and Carrie do a pre-taped bit with the cast of Nashville?

BRAD PAISLEY:
    That would be cool, but uh, no, we aren’t doing that.

CARRIE UNDERWOOD:
    I could bring it up now.

EW Daily Poll: Disney buys Lucasfilm: Thoughts?

PAISLEY:
    Yeah, great idea. Too late to do it.

What can you tease about what you have cooked up for us this year?

PAISLEY:
    Well, we got some rip-roaring comedy we’re hopin’ to unleash on ya. We’ll see. We have been workin’ really hard on this script. I think it’s really funny. I think we’re takin’ some risks, which is fun. It’s very physical this year, which is all I’m sayin’. Not like Olivia Newton-John, but we’re kinda gettin’ physical. It oughta be funny.

UNDERWOOD: We’re gonna be doing some things that I don’t think people would really expect us to do. We want to keep people on their toes, not just do your standard monologue. We’ve done so well in the past and felt so confident in our jobs as hosts, we just really want to take it to that next level.

And how many costume changes this year, Carrie?

UNDERWOOD: I’m not sure exactly how many. I’m actually headed to the arena in a few minutes to check everything out and see what I have time for. But a lot. [Laughs]

And Brad? How many for you? I don’t want to leave you out of this conversation.

PAISLEY: I am planning on several costume changes. But I’m just gonna wear the various things I debated on wearing for Halloween. I’m gonna be a Star Wars character first.

UNDERWOOD: Then Captain America.

PAISLEY: Then Captain America for a little while.

UNDERWOOD: Then he’s gonna come out as me.

PAISLEY: Carrie Underwood at one point. [Underwood laughs.] You know, they’ll be talkin’ about it. It’ll make the People‘s best-dressed list.

Speaking of Star Wars, on your Virtual Reality Tour, Brad, you’ve been introducing your band with a jam set to a sci-fi-themed cartoon, which you animated yourself, that includes nods to Star Wars and Star Trek. How do you feel about the news that Disney is buying Lucasfilm and planning on more Star Wars movies?

PAISLEY: I’m more excited than anybody. I cannot wait. I’m friends with a lot of people at Disney. It’s a great place for that.

UNDERWOOD: You should be in it.

PAISLEY:
    I should be in it.

UNDERWOOD:
    Get the word out now.

PAISLEY: I’m makin’ calls.

EW.com is happy to help. Do you have a pitch?

PAISLEY: Yes. I actually believe the Force is strong with me, very strong with me. I want to be in, like, the next Cantina Band. Even if it means wearing a prosthetic alien face, I don’t care. I’ll go –

UNDERWOOD: [Interrupts him] I see you more as a Wookie.

PAISLEY: You do?

UNDERWOOD: I do.

PAISLEY: They can do anything [to me]. I don’t care. Whatever you want me to be.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/10/31/c...ood-star-wars/

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    yay! thanks for posting I am so excited for tomorrow!

'Physical" sounds like there's many things that could go wrong lol But it certainly sounds interesting. I do love most physical comedy.

Concert Stars
    Ha ha Brad as a Wookie! Love it!

Concert Stars
    I am more excited about their parts than anything else. I don't think Carrie will win and I don't think Brad will win - so I will watch this show to see Brad & Carrie.

Oh, I am looking forward to Carrie's performance too!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I am more excited about their parts than anything else. I don't think Carrie will win and I don't think Brad will win - so I will watch this show to see Brad & Carrie.

Me too Liz. She will have 12 beautiful dresses in total, from the red carpet to the end of the show. Wow, so many, cant wait. Excited which song she will perform and what kind of outfit she'll wear.

Insane Carrie Fan CarrieUnderwoodismyHero's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I love them! Nice little interview.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
    Me too Liz. She will have 12 beautiful dresses in total, from the red carpet to the end of the show. Wow, so many, cant wait. Excited which song she will perform and what kind of outfit she'll wear.
    From the stuff they have said in interviews it sounds amazing! I wish they would be asked to do SNL or do a special of some sort together. It doesn't seem fair we only get to see them once a year on the CMAs and then not for more than 10 - 15 minutes

Concert Stars
    love this...so excited for the show!

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post

I am too,but i also think Carrie has a very good chance in winning it this year.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great pic of Carrie and Brad on the CMAs but why does Brad always has the same expressing when he takes pics with Carrie he's like Ace when he takes pics with Carrie same expression. Carrie and Brad are so funny

Carrie Fans Maniac robinannhunt's Avatar
    That's Brad's look I guess.

•