Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Carrie on - All Access Nashville with Katie Couric A Special Edition of “20/20″ 10/26

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Carrie on - All Access Nashville with Katie Couric A Special Edition of “20/20″ 10/26

“All Access Nashville with Katie Couric” A Special Edition of “20/20″ Airs Friday, October 26 at 9 PM ET on ABC - ABC News

Exclusive Access with Taylor Swift, Reba McEntire and Pistol Annies; as well as Carrie Underwood in Fourth Annual Primetime Special
    Katie Couric puts on her cowboy boots for an hour-long special, “All Access Nashville with Katie Couric,” giving viewers an exclusive all-access pass into the homes and private lives of country music’s biggest stars including Taylor Swift, Reba McEntire Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert with the Pistol Annies. Additionally, viewers will hear from Luke Bryan, Martina McBride, Jason Aldean and more on the greatest female country singers of all time. A Special Edition of “20/20,” “All Access Nashville with Katie Couric” airs on Tuesday, October 26, (9:00 – 10:00 pm ET) on ABC. ABC News’ Amy Robach and Chris Connelly also contribute to the hour.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Whoever wrote the paragraph for ABC messed up because October 26th is a Friday.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    20/20 comes on Friday at 10 pm. They will air the 20/20 special an hour early
    opry051008 likes this.

Huge Carrie Follower
    I'm going to have to pass on this one. I can't stand Katie Couric

Concert Stars
    I will wait (West Coast) to see how much of this is about Carrie. I have a feeling they threw her name in this so that it would get all the Carrie fans to watch and it will have 5 min. of her and the rest about TS. So I will not set my DVR for this until someone on the East Coast tells me that Katie did more than just mention Carrie.
    rainbow1 likes this.

Concert Stars
    oh so cool!

Junior Carrie Follower carriefan13's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    That will be amazing for Carrie and the CMAs if she is given decent exposure! That's just days before the awards and they'd have to mention that Carrie is hosting, right? More viewers?

Ultimate Carrie Fan supercarriefan's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by liz278 View Post
    I will wait (West Coast) to see how much of this is about Carrie. I have a feeling they threw her name in this so that it would get all the Carrie fans to watch and it will have 5 min. of her and the rest about TS. So I will not set my DVR for this until someone on the East Coast tells me that Katie did more than just mention Carrie.
    By the sounds of it, we will be seeing good segments dedicated to Carrie, Miranda, Taylor, and Reba, with the rest of those mentioned getting little soundbites in between. I think the special is meant to focus on the women of country, so Carrie should get decent screentime.

Concert Stars
    This is about 1/2 interesting to me.
    I'll let you guess as to which half i'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    This is about 1/2 interesting to me.I'll let you guess as to which half i'm interested in.
    I'm there with you girl.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    I don't think we are going to see equal time for Carrie, Miranda, Reba and Taylor based on the commercial. The commercial is 90% Taylor and 10% everyone else combined. It shows Taylor and Katie Couric at what would appear to be Taylor's home and at the Country Music Hall Of Fame (obvious PR move). At the very end they flashed on Carrie, Miranda with Pistol Annies and Reba for about one to two seconds each. Miranda looked to be at a tour stop. I couldn't tell for Carrie or Reba.

Concert Stars
    Agree with cary. The commercial was 90% about taylor wearing red and giving her usual expressions. They barely showed carrie or miranda one second long. It may be just a soundbite of one minute of carrie.

I plan to tape it and watch later so i can skip past taylor parts which may be most of the show by looks of it.

Concert Stars
    No doubt that with Taylor Week fast approaching it's all going to basically be an infomericial about T's new album coming out This Week!!
    Since I have heard nothing of Carrie giving time to this, I am going to suggest that it is basically a Taylor Promo with a "girls of country" twist to it (snippits of archive footage of the others).
    But do not be fooled about what it's intentions are.
    Smokyiiis likes this.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    the Carrie part of the promo is from the Nightline interview.

looks like this will be a bait and switch show...tout the ladies but only show the girl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Concert Stars
    Thank you for letting me know. I won't bother to even DVR it unless someone on here says that there is a substantial segment on Carrie.

Concert Stars
    Sounds like they are using some 'true country' artists in an attempt to show how "country" TS is, and maybe pull in their fan bases for ratings also. Yep, basically a TS infomercial.

Concert Stars
    Actually, I for got all about that angle until you said it.
    Yes, they need the "county influance to target the audience they want to watch.
    IF it were a "Taylor Exclusive with Katie", I think people would just assume it was a pop show.
    This assures the country audience will pay attention.
    And look! It almost worked!

Concert Stars
    Ughh, I won't be watching at all, no how, no way
    pklongbeach likes this.

Obsessed Chart Watcher cary78663's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddkat View Post
    the Carrie part of the promo is from the Nightline interview.

looks like this will be a bait and switch show...tout the ladies but only show the girl
    I checked and can confirm that the clip was from the Nightline interview. They probably keep the clips for Carrie, Miranda and Reba short to hide the fact that they are previously aired interviews. I really think there will be at least some negative backlash at misrepresenting what this show really is.

Insane Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by cary78663 View Post
    I checked and can confirm that the clip was from the Nightline interview. They probably keep the clips for Carrie, Miranda and Reba short to hide the fact that they are previously aired interviews.
    So Carrie probably didn't even talk to Katic Couric then?

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast