• 3 Post By carrieguy2
  • 2 Post By Ann055
  • 1 Post By OkieChick

Thread: Utah Review:Carrie Underwood gives Utah fans what they want

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars

Utah Review:Carrie Underwood gives Utah fans what they want

Carrie Underwood gives Utah fans what they want | Concert Connection

She’s one of the biggest stars in country and pop music.

So it only seems fitting that her big voice be put on display on a big stage with a really big show production.

A full Maverik Center on Wednesday night screamed, yelled, shrieked and shrilled with approval as Carrie Underwood delivered a hits heavy two hour show.

“You guys are so loud,” she told the crowd at one point. “I like that.”

Hitting the stage with, “Good Girl,” the first single off her latest album, Blown Away (the namesake of the tour), Underwood delivered crowd favorites “Cowboy Cassanova,” “Last Name,” “Undo It,” “Jesus Take the Wheel,” “Wasted” and “I Told You So.” Teen girls throughout the arena sang along to “All American Girl.” The former American Idol winner also talked about the joy of writing her own music before launching into “Temporary Home.”

And that was all just within the first ten songs.
    read more at the link

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Great review

Carrie Guru
    Thanks Donna.

This is the best reviewer I've read in a long time. The reviewer not only gave their own personal opinion of the show but they also watched and recounted the crowd reaction. That's what makes a review beneficial to a reader. Some of the other reviewers we've been seeing recently could learn a thing a two from this person.
    DaisyTweets, maddkat and Pi314CA like this.

Junior Carrie Follower
    Concert Stars
    She is more comfortable on stage now and its really showing up now and finally critics are taking notice and giving Carrie the credit she deserves..

Concert Stars
    i like these passages:

As visually impressive as the stage production was, the overwhelming majority of cell phone cameras were still pointed at Underwood all evening. The leggy blonde went through four costumes herself during the night, switching from dresses to a pair of Daisy Dukes, heels, boots and even a glittery outfit with rhinestones from neck to toe.

With that said, what also stood out in my mind from Wednesday’s show was the grandmotherly looking woman in front of me with her eyes glued to the stage all night, a big smile on her face from start to finish, who sang along to every word. I also think of the teen girls behind me who also sang and danced to every song. And the fans on the main floor, both guys and girls, who stood for the entire two hours.

Her personality on stage also shined brightly, constantly smiling and frequently waving to people in the audience.
    Pi314CA, Gator and cyndi_sink like this.

Concert Stars
    great review...love how she is also trying to interact with fans all the time...it makes it more personal!

Great review! I'd be that grandmotherly type singing every single word and not taking my eyes off of her -- well, I will be that person on Nov. 21 - as the time gets closer, I get more and more excited!

Thanks for posting Donna!
    maddkat and Gator like this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann055 View Post
    Great review! I'd be that grandmotherly type singing every single word and not taking my eyes off of her -- well, I will be that person on Nov. 21 - as the time gets closer, I get more and more excited!

Thanks for posting Donna!
    Me too! I'm actually not just a grandmotherly type, but I'm a grandma! LOL
    Gator likes this.

Concert Stars
    Wonderful review! I really like this passage, which concludes the review:

"Bottom line was that Underwood delivered exactly what her fans wanted. Her powerhouse vocals were in first class form from start to finish as she belted out big notes during her video screen “duet” with Brad Paisley on “Remind Me.” Her personality on stage also shined brightly, constantly smiling and frequently waving to people in the audience."

That's our girl!

•