Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree37Likes
  • 11 Post By thunder92
  • 1 Post By gaycarebear
  • 2 Post By thunder92
  • 2 Post By bigbluegrl23
  • 1 Post By utlovescarrie
  • 1 Post By pklongbeach
  • 4 Post By bigbluegrl23
  • 5 Post By liveasong
  • 8 Post By opry051008
  • 2 Post By teesharky

Thread: Hayden Panettiere Inspired By Carrie Underwood

  1. #1
    Insane Carrie Fan thunder92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    No where
    Posts
    4,891
    Concert Stars

    Hayden Panettiere Inspired By Carrie Underwood

    How Hayden Panettiere Was Inspired by Carrie Underwood For Nashville - wetpaint.com

    I plan on giving this show a shot because 1. I think its an interesting topic and 2. Hayden is uh...really hot.

  • #2
    Insane Carrie Fan gaycarebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    N/C
    Posts
    5,472
    Have you watched the pilot yet? Absolutely fantastic show.
    teesharky likes this.

  • #3
    Insane Carrie Fan thunder92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    No where
    Posts
    4,891
    Concert Stars
    ^No I havent actually.

  • #4
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Odd that there was ever a question that the charactor was designed to resemble TS.
    I always thought it was a forgone conclussion that the charactor was designed like a Carrie just by the images in the advertizing.
    I certainly never saw Taylor Swift in those images. I always assumed they were hinting at Faith/Carrie.
    (and no, I did not know that the charactor was a 'bad girl")

  • #5
    Insane Carrie Fan thunder92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    No where
    Posts
    4,891
    Concert Stars
    ^while they might have designed her to be like TS-a teen superstar, the concept is definitely more like Carrie/Faith, Carrie/Martina, Carrie/Leanne, and Carrie/Wynonna.
    pklongbeach and liveasong like this.

  • #6
    Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,412
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Odd that there was ever a question that the charactor was designed to resemble TS.
    I always thought it was a forgone conclussion that the charactor was designed like a Carrie just by the images in the advertizing.
    I certainly never saw Taylor Swift in those images. I always assumed they were hinting at Faith/Carrie.
    (and no, I did not know that the charactor was a 'bad girl")
    The rivalry is definitely more Carrie VS all the women's careers she halted lol but the whole uses Autotune, perfume lines and stuff is def TS.
    Becca
    liveasong and rainbow1 like this.

  • #7
    Insane Carrie Fan utlovescarrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Livin the life one Carrie song at a time
    Posts
    3,415
    Concert Stars
    I am planning on watching Nashville but must say that if the music is exclusively Big Machine then I probably won't stick with it for long.
    pklongbeach likes this.

  • #8
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    The rivalry is definitely more Carrie VS all the women's careers she halted lol but the whole uses Autotune, perfume lines and stuff is def TS.
    Becca
    Oh, ok. See, I haven't seen any of it so I don't know any of the basic set up.
    Yeah, it does sound like almost a cross between the two, the massive commercial success of a new young upset. (and references to some of the "product promotion" does sound more TS)
    I have only ever seen the billboards and she looks so much like Carrie.
    Carrie,btw, was wearing the short/short sparkly mini dress before T, I do believe.
    Anyway the show sounds a little "girl-centric" for me but I might try it.
    And if too many musical references to TS (aka.Glee and X factor) keep coming up, I'm outta there.
    Cathie Wynkoop likes this.

  • #9
    Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,412
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Oh, ok. See, I haven't seen any of it so I don't know any of the basic set up.
    Yeah, it does sound like almost a cross between the two, the massive commercial success of a new young upset. (and references to some of the "product promotion" does sound more TS)
    I have only ever seen the billboards and she looks so much like Carrie.
    Carrie,btw, was wearing the short/short sparkly mini dress before T, I do believe.
    Anyway the show sounds a little "girl-centric" for me but I might try it.
    And if too many musical references to TS (aka.Glee and X factor) keep coming up, I'm outta there.
    I will say that there are a lot more characters than the two main women. I don't even think the storyline will only be about the rivalry. there is a lot of nashville politics involved also. there were prob about 10+ interesting characters in here.
    Becca

  • #10
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    234
    I did see that Hillary Lindsay did songs for it. And though I did not see the pilot just previews so this is my op It seemed like it was carrie and faith

  • #11
    Insane Carrie Fan liveasong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    5,691
    Concert Stars
    "She's one of those girls that doesn't do the whole dancing-around-choreography thing but has that stage presence like no other,” Hayden said of Carrie.

    $_____$ You're buying me.

  • #12
    Junior Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by thunder92 View Post
    How Hayden Panettiere Was Inspired by Carrie Underwood For Nashville - wetpaint.com

    I plan on giving this show a shot because 1. I think its an interesting topic and 2. Hayden is uh...really hot.
    I love Carrie and also get a little inspiration from Hayden. Just saying.

  • #13
    Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chino, CA
    Posts
    13,711
    Concert Stars
    This show actually remind me of the movie that Gwyneth Paltrow did like the same story line too

  • #14
    Carrie Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,559
    Because they alluded to auto-tune for Hayden's character is the reason people associate her character with Taylor. If the writers didn't do that and made Hayden a strong vocalist, then people would have associated her character more with Carrie. It's interesting however that Hayden is looking more to Carrie's strengths to model the character after. Because in the real world I think a "Carrie type" character is far more threatening than a "Taylor type" character.

  • #15
    Carrie Guru pklongbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    18,901
    Concert Stars
    Interesting you say that.
    Totally agree.

  • #16
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,702
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    Because they alluded to auto-tune for Hayden's character is the reason people associate her character with Taylor. If the writers didn't do that and made Hayden a strong vocalist, then people would have associated her character more with Carrie. It's interesting however that Hayden is looking more to Carrie's strengths to model the character after. Because in the real world I think a "Carrie type" character is far more threatening than a "Taylor type" character.
    Agree. Even though Hayden is 10000x a better vocalist then Taylor, the fact that they alluded to autotune and Connie Britton said "she is not fit to be my backup singer"- was clearly a reference to taylor.

    Also-- Connie's little girls are singing in the car to Hayden/Taylor's music, while she groans and turns the channel. That happens every day all over the world when Taylor comes on the radio: the kids love it, parents groan and change channel. lol

    It is Taylor all the way.

    But I love that Hayden likes Carrie and used Carrie as a model for stage presence. Hayden said NOTHING about using Carrie as a model for vocals, as I am sure she knows she cannot sing like Carrie can sing. But she can act well, so her stage presence in the show is great, like Carrie. I took this as a nice compliment from Hayden to Carrie.

    The autotune thing is about Taylor. lol

  • #17
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,702
    Concert Stars
    Also in the Country Weekly article this week, Hayden admitted that the age of her fans in the show is a big similarity to Taylor. But she claims the character is not really based on anyone in real life.

    I think they have to say that though. lol They can't admit to copying Taylor as it would be an insult and possibly Big Machine would go after them. lol

  • #18
    Carrie Fans Legend teesharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Saratoga NY
    Posts
    76,702
    Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by pklongbeach View Post
    Odd that there was ever a question that the charactor was designed to resemble TS.
    I always thought it was a forgone conclussion that the charactor was designed like a Carrie just by the images in the advertizing.
    I certainly never saw Taylor Swift in those images. I always assumed they were hinting at Faith/Carrie.
    (and no, I did not know that the charactor was a 'bad girl")

    Once you watch it you will see the Taylor references. She sings to little girls, as her main fanbase. And she is not viewed as a very good singer. lol

    But I think Hayden was influenced by Carrie too, as she said in this article. She dresses like Carrie in the show, and looks like Carrie too, in height, body size, etc.

    But the appeal to little girls and supposed bad singing is all about Taylor. lol

    In reality-- Hayden sings just fine-- much better then Taylor. But she is being portrayed as a weak singer who needs autotune, so that fits Taylor.
    pklongbeach and liveasong like this.

  • #19
    Huge Carrie Follower
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    625
    Concert Stars
    I might just watch one or two episodes as I have been following Hayden's career since she was a little gurl on the soaps. I am actually looking forward to Chicago Fire as that looks more like my idea of tv. Nashville looks like it might be a soap opera on prime time.

  • #20
    Carrie Fans Maniac kewlie78189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    26,142
    Concert Stars
    that is so cool!


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •