Like Tree16Likes
  • 15 Post By CarrieUK
  • 1 Post By jaylee50

Thread: Carrie Underwood: Good Girls Finish First *DO Cover story*

Carrie Underwood: Good Girls Finish First *DO Cover story*

Carrie is Distinctly Oklahoma's October cover girl!

Here's the article that accompanies the cover;

With 15 number-one singles under her belt and numerous awards decorating her Nashville home, Carrie Underwood has plenty to smile about. But the road to happiness hasn’t always been an easy one, as the Checotah native can attest.

“In the beginning, I think I was way too worried about what everybody else thought of everything,” Underwood explained. “I was constantly disappointed because I would read something on the Internet or someone would send me a letter. Now I’ve learned to run my own race and do my own thing.”

Now, seven years after wowing the world as the first country singer to win American Idol, Underwood seems more comfortable in her own skin than ever before. Maybe it’s the recent break she took from the spotlight to work on her latest chart-topping album, “Blown Away.” Or the time she spent cheering on her hockey-star husband, Mike Fisher, throughout his first season with the Nashville Predators. Or perhaps it’s just the fact that she got to be “normal” for a few months – picking up the dry cleaning, buying groceries and even attending her ten-year high school reunion. Whatever the reason, there’s no doubt that Carrie Underwood is at the top of her game.

“I think getting into that pattern of writing, singing, making an album, touring … writing, singing, making an album, touring … you kind of lose some of yourself; you don’t really live a life,” Underwood recognized. So she took a timeout from the monotony, and along the way found inspiration.

“I carry a little notebook with me everywhere I go,” Underwood explained about her songwriting technique. “Inspiration can come from anywhere, and when you go in to write, you never know what’s going to happen.”

The result? Fourteen songs reached the coveted status of album quality for “Blown Away,” each finding a special place in Underwood’s heart and the hearts of her fans.

“My writing process for this album was different than any other that I’d done previously,” Underwood said. “Before, when I wrote, I would block off a certain amount of time to write. But I have such a short attention span that it’s like writing a term paper all day.”

So she switched things up, making songwriting more spontaneous, more fun and, in the end, more productive.

“For this album, I’d go in and write a week, then I’d go do something else for a week,” she explained. “I’d come back in and randomly, sporadically write with other writers. I love not knowing where the day’s going to take me; I try not to think too much in advance because I don’t think you come up with the best stuff you might have come up with that day if you go in with plans and preconceived thoughts.”

It's long, so the rest can be read here: Carrie Underwood: Good Girls Finish First : Distinctly Oklahoma Magazine

If you want to read it in it's formatted state (as it would be read in the physical magazine) you can see the scans here: *CH EXCLUSIVE* Distinctly Oklahoma - 10/2012 - ..:: Carrie Underwood Heaven Gallery ::..

Concert Stars
    gorgeous cover..thanks for posting!

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Thank you Carrie UK, awesome article, great photos...I love the cover photo.
    DizzyDollyDee likes this.

Concert Stars
    Great read. Made me tear up a little at the end.

Concert Stars
    Such a nice article, and a beautiful cover!!

Concert Stars
    Very nice! I was wondering when Carrie would cover more magazines.

Concert Stars
    Great article! Oklahoma is rightfully proud of their hometown girl from Checotah. I like how Carrie talks about running her own race now. She is definitely comfortable in her own skin and is no longer dependent on the approval of others to help determine her success. I'm happy for her self-confidence. That comes from maturity and nearly a decade in a very tough business. While it must be tough in show business, I'm so glad that Carrie has never lost herself, her humility and her tender-heart.

Carrie Guru Carrie_Rocks_The_House's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    I like that cover pic of Carrie

•