Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Billboard Mag: Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney Added to CMA Performer List!

Carrie Guru
    I don't know if the CMA or TV network people have any say in what the artists perform but I would think that this would be a perfect opportunity for Carrie to kick off her third single. She's already performed BA on Billboard and American Idol and the single will already be on it's way down on the country charts by the time the award show happens.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by teesharky View Post
    ^ Agree. They would not have spent time remixing the duet to country if they did not plan for it to be a single on country radio, and the pop version will go to pop.

I am just not sure about the timing. Their album drops 5 days after the cMAS, so I suppose that is why I thought they might debut the duet at the CMAs. But if it is not a radio single until the spring, then the ACMS would work too.

But I do have a funny feeling Aerosmith will be performing at the AMAS as it is the right forum to promote their rock album for sure....and Carrie has off that whole weekend so it seems pretty clear (hopefully) that Carrie might be there too. That is why I think the duet might be performed at the AMAs, possibly. They both have off and Aerosmith needs the album promo. Carrie does too.
    You're right. The AMAs would be the perfect platform for this. And the ACMs would be good, too. That is where they debuted their duet of Walk This Way/Undo It.
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraebe View Post
    I expect the duet to be the next release from Aerosmith. Carrie and her label has no say when they release it so it could go to release while Carrie has a single charting on country radio. Aerosmith is out to get sales just like any other person and their current singles are under preforming on iTunes plus if they are already mixing a country version than it coming soon. If they wanted to wait a year than the mixing of a single could wait then.
    True- it did seem to mean somethiing that Steven tweeted Carrie about the country remix of the duet.

I guess they have already released 3 singles from the album, and I hear the pop song alot on Sirius Pulse station. I think it is doing decent on Hot Ac. I am not sure how their rock single is doing.

I really like Legendary Child and I think it did ok on rock stations, but it did not make top 10.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    I don't know if the CMA or TV network people have any say in what the artists perform but I would think that this would be a perfect opportunity for Carrie to kick off her third single. She's already performed BA on Billboard and American Idol and the single will already be on it's way down on the country charts by the time the award show happens.
    I really want Carrie to debut her 3rd single at the CMAS too, but sadly I don't think it will happen. Her team seems to always perform the most recent or current single and never really debuts a new song at award shows. Not sure why but they always play it really safe, so I expect them to do BA again.

Nothing wrong with BA again, but I guess she has done it at 2 major things already- Billboard awards and American Idol- so it feels kind of old in terms of TV performances.

Maybe Carrie can do the 3rd single at the AMAs?

Carrie Guru
    I really want Carrie to debut her 3rd single at the CMAS too, but sadly I don't think it will happen. Her team seems to always perform the most recent or current single and never really debuts a new song at award shows. Not sure why but they always play it really safe, so I expect them to do BA again.

Nothing wrong with BA again, but I guess she has done it at 2 major things already- Billboard awards and American Idol- so it feels kind of old in terms of TV performances.

Maybe Carrie can do the 3rd single at the AMAs?
    She could, but if it's DYTAM, that's not really Billboard award show material. Now if it turns out to be TBC, that would be perfect for Billboard.
    teesharky likes this.

I have a feeling Carrie might debut her new single on the CMA's. "Blown Away" will have peaked by then, so it would be perfect timing to debut a new single. Plus, like Tee said, there's already been two high-profile television performances of BA. Also, a performance of BA will not necessarily help with its crossover to other formats since it's a country show.

I think they might wait until the AMA's to perform the Aerosmith duet. Or maybe they'll do BA there?

Ultimate Carrie Fan bigbluegrl23's Avatar
    Concert Stars
    Guys, BA will have peaked on country, not on Hot AC. NYN was already big but it EXPLODED after the cma performance. this show has the biggest audience out of all BA's performances. if we want this song to have a long life, she needs to perform it.
    Becca

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluegrl23 View Post
    Guys, BA will have peaked on country, not on Hot AC. NYN was already big but it EXPLODED after the cma performance. this show has the biggest audience out of all BA's performances. if we want this song to have a long life, she needs to perform it.
    Becca
    But the audience for the CMA's is mostly a country audience. Will it really help the song on other formats? Wouldn't an AMA performance of BA be better with helping it on other formats besides country?

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    I have a feeling Carrie might debut her new single on the CMA's. "Blown Away" will have peaked by then, so it would be perfect timing to debut a new single. Plus, like Tee said, there's already been two high-profile television performances of BA. Also, a performance of BA will not necessarily help with its crossover to other formats since it's a country show.

I think they might wait until the AMA's to perform the Aerosmith duet. Or maybe they'll do BA there?

I hope they don't do BA at the AMAS as they did BA to the Billboard crowd, and that is the same pop crowd both times. So no matter what, she needs to sing a different song at the AMAS.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by epicamends View Post
    But the audience for the CMA's is mostly a country audience. Will it really help the song on other formats? Wouldn't an AMA performance of BA be better with helping it on other formats besides country?
    I think the AMA crowd is the same pop crowd that saw her do BA at the Billboard Awards in May, so I think it would be a bad idea to do the same exact song again twice for the same pop crowd.

Concert Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by opry051008 View Post
    She could, but if it's DYTAM, that's not really Billboard award show material. Now if it turns out to be TBC, that would be perfect for Billboard.
    True. DYTAM might not be right for the AMAs. Maybe the Aerosmith duet would work best.
    opry051008 likes this.

I think the AMA crowd is the same pop crowd that saw her do BA at the Billboard Awards in May, so I think it would be a bad idea to do the same exact song again twice for the same pop crowd.
    That's true. I'm just trying to figure out what they can do to help expose BA and push it higher on other formats. But I'm sure they have their plans, and they certainly know what they're doing better than I!
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    ^ True that it would help push it to Hot AC. But I just get sick of the same songs performed at award shows over and over again. lol

I just want her to blow people away with something new for once. It is always the expected single.

Carrie Guru
    Concert Stars
    ^SLT ,IKYW ,WTW - blew people away with each one ( and she did blow people away at the Billboard awards with BA) it's not always just the expected single.Usually it is because that's what these awards shows are for -to promote your newest music.They really have no purpose otherwise.Not everyone watches all of the shows either so singing BA in the fall at the AMAs could reach a whole new audience then the one that watched the Billboard awards in the spring.
    DaisyTweets and teesharky like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Carrie Fan
    I always thought that the song choice was something that was agreed upon between the artists and the producers of the show. I've always thought that she'd perform BA at the CMAs. And Carrie's performance of the song was fantastic in the spring at the BMAs and since she's had even more time to perform the song, I'm confident that a performance on the CMAs will be BEYOND AMAAAAZZZZZZING! Carrie will indeed once again BLOW everyone AWAY with her performance and be one of the most talked performances.

And I also feel confident in Carrie and her people and the producers of the show to come up with some amazing production for the song. Its going to be EPIC!!!!
    teesharky likes this.

Concert Stars
    I see what you are saying...and it makes sense. But why does Aerosmith need to be 4 songs into their album in order to release the duet to radio? That confuses me. They already released 3 songs off the album: Legendary Child, a Pop song that is charting right now on Hot AC, etc, and one other rock song. However you raise good points for sure about the duet conflicting with Carrie's singles, but it has been done before with artists letting 2 songs rise on the charts at the same time, with one well ahead of the other so there is no conflict.

Ie- I believe Tim and Faith had a duet rising on the country charts once when one of them had a solo song on the charts too-- but one song was well ahead of the others so there was no conflict.

I do agree with you that they might wait to perform the country version of the duet until later such as the ACMS in April if the timing is better then....and they might focus on the rock songs right now. But they won't have many opportunities to promote the duet on Mainstream forums like the AMAs if they wait too long-- unless they do it at the Grammys in February.
    I did not realize that Aerosmith has already released 3 songs from the upcoming album. I only knew of one. This would only change my thought process slightly. Under this scenario, the duet would probably be the last song released by Aerosmith. It could be released on pop first and country second to avoid a conflict with a current Carrie single. That could still result in a country release that is nearly a year away.

Carrie may have a clause in the Aerosmith contract that defines when it can be released to country to avoid a conflict. We don't know. Either way, Carrie and Aerosmith want a success when it gets released. Putting it into a conflict with a current Carrie single adds some risk. There could be many reasons why the remix has been done now rather than later. We shall see what happens. I'm only guessing about what might happen based on what is best for both parties and increasing the chance for success.
    Last edited by cyberzoney; 10-09-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    teesharky likes this.

•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123