Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Daraebe

Thread: Carrie Underwood still America's idol

Carrie Underwood still America's idol

Carrie Underwood, who plays KeyArena on Saturday, kicked off her 55-city tour in Manchester, N.H. Since then, videos from every concert performance have gone viral, but none more than the Sept. 22 Louisville, Ky., show, where the good-natured superstar obliged a darling 12-year-old boy named Chase Kurnick with his first kiss.In a YouTube interview, the youngster said Underwood winked at him after viewing his "Carrie, Be My First Kiss" sign. The boy got more than his 15 minutes of fame. In addition to the lip-on-lip action, he landed on "Today," "Inside Edition," "Anderson Cooper" and CNN and met with Ryan Seacrest.
    Underwood is known for interacting with the crowd, especially kids. In the YouTube interview, Kurnick was asked if any kiss could ever compare, to which he replied: "It's all downhill from here."
    Not so for 2005 American Idol winner Underwood, who sold out Everett's Comcast Arena back in 2010 (just shy of 8,000 seats) and plans to shatter expectations Saturday by selling out KeyArena's 16,641 capacity.
    Click link for more of the article
    Carrie Underwood still America's idol | Music & nightlife | The Seattle Times

Obsessed Carrie Fan
    Concert Stars
    Love the article..."If you go, don't forget to bring your own homemade sign." writes Lou Lunden of the Seattle Times. My favorite statement however is "Blown Away Tour" just might land her the 2013 CMA Entertainer of the Year." I sure hope so, and it will be overdue b/c Carrie should have been nominated and awarded CMA EOTY a few years ago.
    Anyway, I hope he is right.

Concert Stars
    Another great review, thanks Daraebe.

Concert Stars
    awesome article!

Concert Stars
    Not so for 2005 American Idol winner Underwood, who sold out Everett's Comcast Arena back in 2010 (just shy of 8,000 seats) and plans to shatter expectations Saturday by selling out KeyArena's 16,641 capacity.
    Omg! xD

Great article, thanks!

•